Elephant in the room

Elephant in the room

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11046 on Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:13 am

A phrase was coined during the boom of psychology back in the 80's called "an elephant in the room." It was meant to represent situations when people went about thier business everyday without confronting an important issue. It was plain as day that it existed, but no one talked about it. And when it was brought up, those around the so-called elephant would deny it existed or else just do thier best to ignore whomever pointed out the elephant/issue.

Why do I bring this up? I have a question for this forum that I want answered, but I'm afraid to ask it. Okay...

It seems to me that there are two sides to LCD. One side involves the day-to-day life and work of the TV business in general, and that of OK/central plains in specific. Tied into that are politics, sports, etc.
The other side seems to revolve around the personal life of the women, which are brought out once in a while by... well... what appears to be a foot/tickle fetish.

I suppose what I want to ask is why people by and large come to read it? For the former or latter or both? I know that links have been created from TMF and HITW (if you don't know what either of these are, you can probably safely ignore this thread). So why are people here?

Because of the quality of this comic either way, I'll keep reading it no matter what the outcome. But I thought it'd be a good idea to have this out there. For the record, I'm mostly here for the former.

Oh, and keep of the good work. Well-done online comics can be tough to come by.
ZOMBIE USER 11046

Why I read LCD

Postby MichaelC on Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:36 pm

I can't say I've analyzed the strip in that detail. I can say that I read LCD regularly because the art is crisp, the characters are "real", and the humor is gripping. In short, LCD makes me smile. And, in todays world, that's a great thing.

:D
MichaelC

Postby JamieCOTC on Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:41 pm

When I first happened on LCD I didn
JamieCOTC

Postby NR Pax on Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:02 am

Personally, I find the comic to be funny and the characters enjoyable.
NR Pax
Regular Poster

Postby Aramchek on Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:19 am

There isn't a single reason that is the main one that makes me like the comic (I was first going to write something else, until I realised that thanks to my faulty English grammar it would have sounded like I disliked the comic. Ooops). The different things I like is, clever political stuff, interesting storylines, great characters and neat art. Oh, and Raven :-)

/Aramchek (pretending to work)
Aramchek

Return to Lowest Common Denominator