Felicia and Fusion

Felicia and Fusion

Postby Dark Aldran on Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:41 pm

Hey Yamcha, I happened to run across an old website with some...old works of yours on it. I'm guessing Fusion was inspired in part by Felicia the Catwoman from Darkstalkers? I happened to pass by the arcade game today while bowling and it came to mind. The website seems like pretty solid evidence too. I don't know how some artists feel about people posting links to old, possibly long-forgotten work, so I'll hold off on giving the link until either you post it or give me the thumb's up. I'll keep it stashed away until then.
Dark Aldran

Postby CaptainMooki on Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:50 pm

I thought Yammy linked to every single piece of his old work. Hrmmm, unless you're talking about Shinkutokime-(big breath)-kisempukaku, than it would seem that Mr. Allen (if that is his REAL name) has some deep dark secret past that he's keeping from his online audience.

TALK YAMMY, WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF THE 14TH?!?! HOW DO YOU ''KNOW'' MR. CLINTON?!?! WHERE'S THE BODY, YAMMY? WHERE'D YOU HIDE THE BODY?!?!?!?!

As far as Catgirls go, though. It seems to me that Fusion is on the direct opposite end of the spectrum as the lovely Miss Felicia.
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby AntiAntagonist on Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:48 pm

I think I know the site he's talking about, I found out about it in a roundabout way, though I don't really think Fusion is based on Felicia.
Now for a more pertinent question*:
I heard that Xtreme Beach Volleyball was designed to be playable one handed, and since I neither have the game or the intention of buying it. Can the game be played one handed?

*by "more" I mean "less"
AntiAntagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:07 am

Mmm... Felicia... However, I would have to say Fusion isn't really based on Felicia much at all. The catgirl thing has been in anime long before Darkstalkers came around (in fact catgirls are generally anime stock characters), a lot of Fusion was based on the fact that most catgirls in anime are ultra cute and adorable, instead I wanted to make one who was cruel, sadistic, and just all around mean; that and I had a lot of built up personal agressions against society as a whole I needed to empty. However I do have (or rather did) have an almost unhealthy obsession with said Darkstalker character. An obsession that has really mellowed down a lot as of late. Anywho... where was I going with this... hmmm... AH YEAH! Old art? I really don't like my old artwork... at all, but I plan on posting all of it I have access to on my art page once I finish it, so go ahead and post links. Cause unless it's from my afore metioned in the works art page and/or CG Shrines, I have no idea where you are seeing it, so I myself am curious. So post away, my friend.

As for DOA:EV, it's actually a fun game, fan service aside (though it is HARD to ignore), however playing it one hand could be done, but with a fair amount of difficulty in a few areas (like menus, cause there's quite a bit of those).
Robbie "Yamcha Hibiki" Allen
Fusion D - A comic about a meglomaniac stripper catgirl who wants to destroy the world, or at least a big chunk of it. :D

Death Bunny - Because killing people is fun!
Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dark Aldran on Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:40 am

It wasn't Fusion's personility (Who would relate?), but more the concept of being a catgirl that I got the comparison from.

But what do I know? Anime is rather uncommon in my neck of the woods, and what IS available has, to say the least, not appealed to me. In the Darkstalkers arcade game that I found, Felicia's simply listed as Catwoman. Being the only catwoman (Besides Fusion) that I've heard of, and seeing that site...it was a shot in the dark regardless, but hey, you don't know till you ask.

As for the site...I'm not on my computer at the moment, so it'll be a couple hours before I can get the link. Just for some heads up info, the site hasn't been updated in three years, so the pics are mostly from 1999 and the beginning of 2000.
Dark Aldran

Postby CaptainMooki on Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:17 am

You poor, poor Catgirl deprived fool...
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:43 pm

Never hurts to ask. That's the best way to learn. For the record Fusion isn't the only catgirl I've created. There's Kat in Comicollage (http://comicollage.keenspace.com/) and AVI (http://www.fusiond.com/cpage.html). Anywho, any other questions you want to ask? I like answering questions. ^_^

As for the site, I'm really scared now. This may make me cry more than the Pikaborg pic I found. I can't wait to see it. ^_^
Fusion D - A comic about a meglomaniac stripper catgirl who wants to destroy the world, or at least a big chunk of it. :D

Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Whee

Postby Dark Aldran on Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:08 pm

And now that the board finally let me on (So slooooooooooow...), here it is:

http://www.accessv.com/~ehuang/fanstuff.html
Dark Aldran

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:29 pm

Yeah, Keen has been having some problems, I apologize for the slowness.

Wow, those are old pictures (but not as old as I feared), I like the one with Meowth in the disco outfit. I remember when I did those pics, but oddly I don't ever remember that site showcasing them. Anywho, if you want to see some more old pics like that just go here: http://cgs.cgirealm.com/ , among those exact pics they have more (and even so fairly current ones) pics of Felicia drawn by me, as well as pics of Chun-Li, Lei Lei (Hsien-ko), Cham Cham, Ibuki, and some others I can't quite remember right now. ^_^

I was afraid someone found the old webpage I did on Geocities when I was in Art school, a page I would destroy if I remembered the address (it's a page so old I don't even have any of the pics that were on it, anymore).

EDIT: OH HOLY CRAP! I found said Geocities site! Witness something that will horribly repulse and embarrass me!

http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/Ginza/2125/

Hell, if the horrible HTML doesn't crash your computer, I'm sure the shitty artwork will. You can find some awful (and early) pics of Kane, Jennifur, and Ferral here.

Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Return to Fusion D