New character designs

New character designs

Postby Kirk on Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:41 am

I like the original Fusion D way better :)
I can't say much about Raki, since I can't remember offhand what she used to look like, and how she is changed now...

Looks like I found another forum to bother. Muhaha..ha...ehheh *cough*
3 girls. One house.
Oh crap.

KW|FZ|SIS|MTC|ART
Kirk
Regular Poster

Postby AntiAntagonist on Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:29 pm

I always thought Yaki was about as tall as Fusion. As for Fusion, she's fine if you just add something like a belt, or maybe a bandana. Hmmm, on second thought bandana is probably bad since you already have cat ears as a head "accesory."

I think one thing that might be better (if you don't add extra objects to Fusion) is the difference b/w her hair and her attire (too close to the same luminosity or amount of light.) I also grayscaled the image for comparison (since you use B&W most of your stuff anyway.)

I like the way Fusion looks more mature (like prudent, not echii.) Which probably makes sense after that lot she's been through.

WHEEEE!!!

I wanna draw now, but can't cuz schedule is tight, may have a piece of fanart for next week though, if I get my inclination up again over the weekend and don't get too much more work.

Bloody work and it's constant assignedness...
As you go through life remember:
You will always get new friends and lose old friends, but it takes a special person to be your ultimate enemy!
AntiAntagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:01 pm

Wow, Yaki gets so overlooked... which is sad since she was the star of the last storyline. Kirk if you need a pic of Yaki's old outfit click [url=fusiond.keenspace.com/images/smallyaki.jpg]here[/url], and for her even older outfit click [url=fusiond.keenspace.com/images/Yaki.jpg]here[/url]

As for Yaki's height, she's always been meant to be shorter than Fusion. She's supposed to be the shortest character in the comic, which makes drawing difficult sometimes cause she's dating the tallest character in the comic. ;)
Last edited by Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie "Yamcha Hibiki" Allen
Fusion D - A comic about a meglomaniac stripper catgirl who wants to destroy the world, or at least a big chunk of it. :D

Death Bunny - Because killing people is fun!
Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Postby CypherAA on Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:10 pm

yeah i think antiantagonist is right... fusion looks good but might need something more because its like just missing something o.0?... As for yaki she's lookin cool ^^
CypherAA

Postby Pokepony on Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:21 pm

I personally like the other outfits much better.
^-^
Ill finish the Pinups eventually Yamcha, I'm really sorry to be taking so long.
Also the cel is gonna be a bit delayed, lol, Im jus gonna borrow it for my art college portfolio. So you'll get it by christmas, lol

Keep up the good work
JD Comix (The results of crack and some twister juice) http://www.angelfire.com/comics/jdcomix

Campus life (College... Only Furrier) *Not on net*

Art Archive (Umm... art) http://www.side7.com/art/laureby/gallery.html
Pokepony
Regular Poster

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:36 pm

Pokepony wrote:I personally like the other outfits much better.
^-^
Ill finish the Pinups eventually Yamcha, I'm really sorry to be taking so long.
Also the cel is gonna be a bit delayed, lol, Im jus gonna borrow it for my art college portfolio. So you'll get it by christmas, lol

Keep up the good work

There's no need to rush anything, take your time Poke. BTW when you say "others" do you mean the original ones?
Fusion D - A comic about a meglomaniac stripper catgirl who wants to destroy the world, or at least a big chunk of it. :D

Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Postby AntiAntagonist on Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:58 pm

I suppose Yaki doesn't get mentioned much... I thought she and Ray-jin were the most fun to draw when I was doing fan art, and I'm not sure why...

PS: Welcome to the board CypherAA and Kirk!
You will always get new friends and lose old friends, but it takes a special person to be your ultimate enemy!
AntiAntagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Slipdance on Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:34 pm

hmmm....the 'peach'-ish tufts that stick up on the back of fusion's hair are a bit too 'happy' for her. Other than that, it all looks good =D
Slipdance

Postby K. Ivan Ruppert on Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:36 am

I have to say I like the new look you've got for Fusion, though a little accessorisation might make it even better. I like the outfit you've got Yaki in better than the one she's been wearing lately, but I must say I like her older look even better :oops:

On another note, how do those tentacles attach to Yaki's back, and how do they look when they're retracted? You might have answered this already, since I don't cruise this forum as often as I probably should?

-K
K. Ivan Ruppert
Regular Poster

Postby AntiAntagonist on Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:56 pm

"...I don't cruise this forum as often as I probably should?"

That's right, come by more often.

Seriously though, I haven't seen info on Yaki's tentacles either. Like how muscular are they? Sure she can pierce people and pick up large objects, but octipi are normally flimsy, did Yaki get some of her DNA from the Arnold Schwarzenheimer of octipi or what?

OOH! I thought of a product I'd buy (if it existed) that's Yaki related. I'll put it in the next fan art. WHEEEEE!!!
AntiAntagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Pokepony on Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:27 pm

There's no need to rush anything, take your time Poke. BTW when you say "others" do you mean the original ones?[/quote]

I mean the secondary ones, like the FusionD outfit that zeddy designed and then the yaki one from that same time, they were nice and worked
^-^
JD Comix (The results of crack and some twister juice) http://www.angelfire.com/comics/jdcomix

Pokepony
Regular Poster

Postby Pokepony on Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:29 pm

There's no need to rush anything, take your time Poke. BTW when you say "others" do you mean the original ones?[/quote]

I mean the secondary ones, like the FusionD outfit that zeddy designed and then the yaki one from that same time, they were nice and worked
^-^

Pokepony
Regular Poster

Postby Kirk on Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:43 am

Well, to be honest, I like Fusions ponytail better than the new look. But then again, that could just be me :)
I have to say that the second pic looks better qua hair then the first one... dunno why. Maybe because the first pic she had a bit too large forehead?
The earrings make her look like a slut, BTW :P

The non-shiny black is much better IMO, although she could use some kind of belt... maybe a holster for that gun :)

Yaki looks ok (Raki, lol, bad me), but her second outfit is just too awesome to overcome ;)
Are those pilot goggles BTW?
3 girls. One house.
Oh crap.

KW|FZ|SIS|MTC|ART
Kirk
Regular Poster

Postby AntiAntagonist on Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:28 am

I love the new Fusion and Yaki designs. The holster idea wouldn't be bad, but I like them this way.

I like the ear rings on Fusion and the head band looks good. When I thought that the headband would be bad I had envisioned it a lot larger, but nevermind that. I don't see anything that you need to change in the new designs.
AntiAntagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Pokepony on Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:19 pm

The latest versain of the Yaki outfit, w/ the goggles looks a lot nicer than the previous. Lol at first thought all's I could think of was Mario Brothers because yaki looked pudgy in the outfit.
I still keep my vote for the secondary yaki outfits, but i do like the goggles...

Fusion, again I say go with the loose, but I think a lot of guys are gonna disagree since the body suit does show her proportions rather well. I say stick to the anime almost kimono look zeddy made! lol

^-^

Pokepony
Regular Poster

Postby CypherAA on Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:55 am

Either way looks fine to me...
CypherAA

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:48 am

Thanks for your opinions everyone. Thanks to everyone's advice I think I'm coming to some new designs I like. I think I've pretty much come up with a future design for Fusion I like. Thank you everyone.

As for the goggles... they are not exactly pilot goggles, they are more like a pair of bug eyed goggles with shaded lens. IE they are like exotic sun shades (I actually have a pair of these in real life).

Yamcha Hibiki
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shinmyk on Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:56 am

I'm guessing that you had those goggles at Arlingcon? :]
------
-Myk
Shinmyk
Regular Poster

Postby CypherAA on Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:58 pm

Um about Ferrel... that one looks good but i just don't know about rummy... o.0....
CypherAA

Postby Pokepony on Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:38 pm

I like the new designs for Rummy and Ferral ^-^
Lol, it seems Rummy and Yaki have the same kind of goggles, any reason why?
Maybe some simple earrings would be nice for Ferral, it at least a clip, like those ear band thingies that sit towards the top. (Twitch has one of em in his left ear at the very top if u needed to see a ference)

Pokepony
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Fusion D