You're my hero...

Postby Gloria on Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:35 pm

Hey Jim, I just found your mp3.com site.... *drools madly*

Heh, I'm starting to write songs. Mine are mostly guitar based stuff, though. I SO WANT to do electronics, though.

Kudos to you for being brave enough to give this stuff a try!

~Gloria, the mad FIF bass playing Joy electric fan.~
Gloria
Regular Poster

Postby LAGtheNoggin on Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:47 pm

*breaks down and crys*

I can't even tap my foot in time for my lack of music skillz! WAHHHAHAH! Damn my complete lack of rhythm! Damnit all to fish land! ARRRRR!

I so wish I could play or sing... Anything! Anything at all! Just to make music and nice sound would be enough! ARRRRR! *sigh*

*stares forlornly at the unplayed Steel Guiter in the corner of the room*

*twang! Twinkle!* *sighs*
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero

Postby JimRob on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:05 am

Hey, that's no problem. You don't need to play anything. All my music is sequenced with a combination of Buzz Tracker and a DOS (eek) software synth called AXS. I guess some basic musical knowledge - scales, chords, rhythm - would help, but you can pick that up on the way.

Buzz is terrific, and I'd recommend it for anything electronic. It's basically an all-in-one modular music production environment: you can pick out synthesisers and samplers, program the patterns you want them to play, run them through the effects you want, tweak the levels and arrangement, and export the whole thing as a wave file. And you can download all the synthesiser and effects modules you like. The only thing it's not really any good at is recording from real instruments... but I think the variety of crazy noises you can crank out if it more than makes up for that.

You can tell that I like this thing :smile:

The strangest thing is that I'm also trying to learn to play the guitar and write actual songs; but I've a feeling I won't be happy until I've mangled everything electronically in production. And I get a modular synth. One the size of a cupboard, with all the twiddly knobs.

Now I'm drooling.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby Gloria on Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:17 pm

*starts wagging tail like excited puppy dog*

MODULAR SYSTEM! MODULAR SYSTEM!!! Meeee waaaaaannnnnt!!!
Heh, kinda funny, I've never actually used an analogue synth, but just talking about the subject makes me drool....

<a href="http://www.synthesizer.com">Like this...</a>

Too bad analogue equipment is so bloody expesnive... my synth is a 1986 Ensoniq ESQ1, which came out right before they started putting floppy disk drives in them... Heh. I haven't practiced programming any sounds in... I dunno, a few months, so I've forgotten most of what I used to know about programming... Heh, I can make a nice, quirky Joy Electric-esque square wave sound... um, anybody who listens to JE will know what I'm talking about.... *glances around, looking for support from Devon*

Um, yeah. I'm a synth freak, yep yep.

Mwheheheh!
Gloria
Regular Poster

Postby Gloria on Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:22 pm

*starts wagging tail like excited puppy dog*

MODULAR SYSTEM! MODULAR SYSTEM!!! Meeee waaaaaannnnnt!!!
Heh, kinda funny, I've never actually used an analogue synth, but just talking about the subject makes me drool....

<a href="http://www.synthesizer.com">Like this...</a>

Too bad analogue equipment is so bloody expesnive... my synth is a 1986 Ensoniq ESQ1, which came out right before they started putting floppy disk drives in them... Heh. I haven't practiced programming any sounds in... I dunno, a few months, so I've forgotten most of what I used to know about programming... Heh, I can make a nice, quirky Joy Electric-esque square wave sound... um, anybody who listens to JE will know what I'm talking about.... *glances around, looking for support from Devon*

Um, yeah. I'm a synth freak, yep yep.

Mwheheheh!
Gloria
Regular Poster

Return to Albion Fuzz