Comic Commentaries

Postby Shaper on Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:49 pm

Only one thing can be said about this comic: YES!!!!
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:13 pm

mmm...sad girl in bondage.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:33 pm

I feel like I missed something crucial here. What did karl do that is going to ruin her career?
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:23 pm

If you read last week's comic, you will see that Karl sent out letters to high-ups in the movie business...

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
--http://vladdamien.keenspace.com
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:15 pm

Yes, but saying what, exactly? "This woman is a bad actress"? "Dont hire this woman"? "This woman is a total whore and all she cares about is fame and fortune, and she'll let you fuck her if you give that to her"?
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:31 am

Use your imagination...
Quite frankly, if someone fucked you over, what would YOU write to give them a bad rep?

That's kind of what I wanted... I wanted it to be a "think of it as you please"... this adds so many ways of seeing it for everyone...

Some can think he just wrote "she sucks doodie" or "she's a whore"... but he might also have sent out her whole info he had in her mom's files, modified by computer... added pictures of her in action, etc.

There is so much leeway here... I'd rather have my readers imagine something than saying it straight out. :)

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:32 am

Jokes on you... I dont HAVE an imagination! So hah!

Hehe, honestly though, I figured as much, I just wanted to make doubly sure that I didnt miss anything. I feel like I keep missing out, too... my job schedule is getting in the way of me getting to read the comic every saturday morning!

Oh yeah, and I love the eye with the blood, in that last panel. Very movie-esque.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:27 pm

Oh, and let me just say that I've enjoyed the I Shot JR shirt every week since he's been wearing it.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:37 pm

I was wondering if people would see that :)

It was either that or: "Guns don't kill people. I do." But it was too long.
So, I prefered the Dallas/Simpsons reference :)

I'm really happy that my fans enjoy this... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... then again, it might just be those aliens probing my vital organs.

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:41 am

No, it's definately the fans. And I must say I've enjoyed that shirt myself. Hell, I'd go out and BUY one, if I knew where the hell I could find it.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Axer on Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:32 pm

*voice from distant past*

Yo! After catching up on MLWTKL it's time to CAST JUDGEMENT ON THIS COMIC. HAHE!

In the beginning of the comic, Karl kinda does that thing where, you know, he breaks the "Fourth Wall" by speaking to the audience. If you do plan on serializing this comic into comic-book form in the near future, may I suggest then that it be changed into internal monolouge. By breaking the "Fourth Wall" it deterrs from the (fawk, I know this is the worst word to use but I can't think of any proper substitute) "realism" of the comic.

Now don't think that my post is all "Hey, I'm Axer! Bitch, bitch, bitch! This is bad! Suddenly, THE END!" because the positives I found are more abundant than the negatives(1).

From the start, the comic seemed to convey that it would be humorous and slap-sticky comedy of sorts. But then when Mephistopheles appeared, it was like a double daemon/a two-edged sword. This is, what I saw, to be an excellent turning point of the story - progressively taking on a darker, morbid path of dark, morbidosicity. If morbidosicity is even a word, which it probably isn't because it only serves to add humor into my post.

When I first started reading it, I noticed that your characters seemed a bit misproportioned (please don't kill me), but as the comic continues I recognized the improvements. I mean, just look at Amanda in this picture and then in this scene. Of course I'm not dismissing the fact that Amanda is in uber-sexing black shiny leathery dress of shiny, leathery, sexxxyness in the second link. XD

Did I also mention that I think the direction the story is headed is freaking rad?

Also, I'm glad that Jared had his ass OWNED. Three. Different. Times.

I like what you do with the eyes - dedicating a square comic space for the person's ocular cavity. I don't what it is about eyes, but it makes things more intense for some reason, especially in certain situations that happen in the comic.

I couldn't help but notice that the two female leads of the story are emotionally screwed over royally by Karl. Tee hee, rad.

In conclusion, I like your comic. =D

P.S. If you somehow run out of ideas for the next scene of this comic, I have only one word to say: Chainsaw. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. ^_^
teh meh
Axer

Postby Vlad Damien on Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:20 pm

Axer... holy shit!
Now that has to be the most awesome post in this board's history.

I know that my style was off in the beginning, but part of why I do this is to keep improving. No shit, I noticed it too when flipping through my old pages up to now... I say to myself "What the fuck was I on?".

This post made me giddy like a schoolgirl. :)

Thank you SO much for the feedback, you can't know how happy it makes me.

Fans like you keep this comic alive :)

...and don't worry, I have A LOT more freak-ass shit coming along for this comic.
So stay tuned.

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:21 pm

Heh, if enough people voiced their opinion on buying a "I shot J.R." shirt, I'd make 'em and gladly sell them!

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:33 am

Axer wrote:Well-written critique

Thinking makes my brain hurt. :o

Edit: OMG HOT HOT INCEST AHOY!
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:39 am

Hmm... where is this going... this... this *incest*. Not that I'm not in favor of erm.... hot incestual lust... but he's *getting it on with his mother* for gods sake.

So I ask: Why? Please tell me it serves something, and wasn't just gratuitious. I know I should have faith, because everything else you've put into this comic has had a purpose, and has furthered the storyline into an intense blur of sweetness-like-candy, but (yes, there is a but), where is the INCEST taking this?

Oh yeah, and Axer kicks my ass in critiquing.
Without you, everything falls apart.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:49 am

Shaper wrote:where is the INCEST taking this?

To hot hot incest action, dammit.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Axer on Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:42 am

where is the INCEST taking this?

Oh man, yeah, I'm so not in favor of any hot hot incest action scene going on. But, you know, this is just a comment from somebody who doesn't even have a comic of his own. So what I mean is, it's your comic Vlad, buuuut if I do see graphic content between it will most definetly be the only part of the comic that I will not like. Even if the next scene happens to be a random picture of Cthulhu tentacle raping a school bus full of Japanese <s>schoolgirls</s> senior citizen tourists which is graphically depicted, a graphical incest scene between Karl and his own maternal unit would still be the part of the comic I will dislike the most. With the tentacle rape of a busload of wrinkly fossils comming a close second.
Axer

Postby The Eagle and Child on Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:35 pm

HOT HOT NECROPHELIAC INCEST AHOY!
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:44 pm

Hahaha! Well, that's one way of seeing it, but no :)
Karl is a sick bastard, but not that sick :)

Funny how Axer had it right all along. He PMed me and told me about the Katana... I was surprised that he thought about it. You rock Ax! It's something I had planned a HELL of a long while ago.

All you people rock!

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to My Life with Thrill Kill Karl