Comic Commentaries

Postby Vlad Damien on Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:15 pm

Got commentaries on the comic?
Think you saw a reference to some novel?
Like/Hate how it's drawn?
Got ideas on what is going on?

Put it all here... I'm surious about what you people might think is going on with this :smile:

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
--http://vladdamien.keenspace.com
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:26 pm

Yes, I would like to lodge a complaint. You arent telling me whats going to happen in next weeks comic, and its driving me slowly insane as I have to wait a whole god damn week to find out whats next. So please, save me from the crazy house, and tell me whats on deck.

Also, I would like to point out a typo in your post. I believe the word is "curious" not "surious".

----------

But no, in all honesty, its a great comic, and you've got an excellent (not to mention unique) style going.
Without you, everything falls apart.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:22 pm

hehe...

yeah, surious, just noticed it... oh well.
Thanks for the kind words Shaper :smile:

If I DID tell you the whole punch of the comic, then you,d lose interest in it... no? :wink:

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:56 am

Well, that remains to be seen. How about you tell me, and I'll let you know later if I still want to come back :wink:

I do have one question though, in the april sixth comic, where karl learns that avery had sex with jared, why'd you end up drawing that last panel the way you drew it? Shattered reality perhaps?
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:08 pm

Exactly :smile:
...Although I kinda failed IMO. I should have done an effect by hand, not a freakin filter...

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:56 pm

Well, artistic purity is all well and good, I suppose.. but really, which one was easier, and probably faster, as well? And when you're putting out something as regular as a comic, you gotta use all the dirty tricks in the book, just to give yourself as much free time as you can. Drawing comics like this is definately a time consumer, ya know?

...hehehe, it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, and that I've experienced it. I havent. I just like to sound authoritative. Although I'm sure what I've said is valid to a degree :grin:
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:58 pm

Oh! One other thing that actually has to do with this thread...

I re-read the latest comic, and I gotta say, I just noticed his bobbing adams apple as he gulps. Excellent addition, adds to the realism quite a bit.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat May 25, 2002 11:26 pm

Hmm... I love this entire four panels in this one. I think they work reall well together, you seem to have an eye for ways to change each panel's perspective, which makes the strip very dynamic, and each one seems more like a movie, than a comic strip (which I will admit, strays towards graphic novel, and is something I've always respected more).

Also, love the addition of whats traditionally the devils cloak/blackness/ VEIL OF EEEEVIL, that is behind Karl while he stares at his bloody fist. And the bloody fist... how absolutely wonderful!

Once again, damn fine job, my good man.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Mon May 27, 2002 8:55 am

haha! Thanks!
I REALLY appreciate comments like these... at least it shows you read and appreciate :D

I kinda want to go towards the graphic novel type (its what I wanted from the beggining really). It's not because I,m on keenspace that I can't do a graphic novel...

mote next week!

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:18 pm

Well fuck, just wait until you get big like PvP, or Penny Arcade. They produce their own books! And hell, PvP and PA have only been around a couple years... in the scheme of things, that isnt all that long. Besides, if you get people linking your comic (*cough*go whore yourself*cough*), you get that many more people visiting your site, and reading your comics! Its genious!

And hey, you keep drawing, I'll keep visiting. But I WILL let you know if there's something I dont like. But god damn, you manage to hit the spot with this comic, all the way. (I dont want to inflate your ego, but I cant help it if its the truth).
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:06 pm

Holy fuck, the message boards are back. So, Karlboy is getting hit on by both Mephie and Ms. Taylor, who are in league together. I sense evil demon threesome. Or something entirely different.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:46 am

just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that we have all seemed to have joined the forum on december 31, 1969?
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:38 pm

Now it shows us as joining 01 Jan 99 or 02 Jan 99. It seems to vary.

Downward spiral? Jeebus, I wish I was in a downward spiral that involved a hot bosslady licking my ear.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:25 pm

Just your ear?

Man, wtf is wrong here? People are actually POSTING!?

:)

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:08 am

Kinda hard to post when Keenspace is taking it up the ass.
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:42 am

Mmm... taking it up the a.... I mean...

But in all seriousness, DAMN that was sexy. See, I'd totally want to be karl, if not for the whole "ultimate evil out to get him" thing. Its sad, really. Such a beautiful woman, so corrupted.

I vote that karl gets laid, and then totally ignores her afterwards, just to stick it to her/the devil.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Vlad Damien on Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:52 am

Yeah, it's always hard to deal with Keenspace, but hey, I'm happy with the whole unlimited bandwidth and webspace deal...

Now if only they changed their hardware instead of fixing scraps taken at the dump...

-Vlad D.
-Vlad Damien's Comics
Vlad Damien
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:09 am

well, surprisingly enough, your updates dont seem to be affected too much by keenspace, and all its near-constant crap. Honestly, I'm surprised.

Anyway, onto the commentary! Yes, I was disapointed in todays Thrill Kill Karl. I mean god damnit, I was hoping to see more of that seduction, but NOOOOO...

Hehe, but seriously, you have a knack for drawing a space, and how the person relates to that space. Its not that sort of "cookie cutter" panels, that you see with so many comics. It definately brings out the life in the comic. (An example of this, is Karl looking in the mirror. He looked badass, by the way).

And now, I must go take a shower, before work. Yippee....
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:10 am

Ok, normally I comment solely on Thrill Kill Karl, but I just wanted to mention that I laughed my fucking ASS off when I read todays Vlad Damien. Just him, covering in blood, looking so excited... hehehe...

Now then, I would like to also say that I very much enjoyed the little insert into the mind of Thrill Kill Karl as well (although damn man, those breasts are POINTY. You coulda at least made then nice and round. Of course, I will admit that thats simply MY preference, so nevermind then), as well as her hair in the wind (absolutely beautiful), and again your use of the enviroment not just as a background, but as an engaging part of the story, in and of itself.

I did NOT like, on the other hand, the fact that shes got Karl whipped like a little poodle-bitch. I mean come on! So what if shes hot? Karl is badass. He HATES humanity (or well, misanthropes do, no?). He should recognize that hes being controlled, and SMACK that bitches ass! Its not right, I tell you.
Shaper
Regular Poster

Postby Shaper on Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:19 am

Woo! Its about time we got some sex in this comic (other than the tentacle fan service, that is). Although I've realized why she has to be evil: Her nipples... they should not exist in this world.

But seriously, your perspectives are beautiful as always. And of course with an ending like this, how could I not come back for more?

(aside: I laughed my ASS of at todays IMVD)
Shaper
Regular Poster

Next

Return to My Life with Thrill Kill Karl