update for december...12th let's say

update for december...12th let's say

Postby The Joester on Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:22 am

okay, so there haven't been any updates in a long-ass time. it's all my fault, i admit it. i'm a lazy ass. the play ended weeks ago and i just haven't done anything since. it was really good, in case you're curious. it apparently wasn't any good until the last minute. even in the last dress rehersal the director told us we weren't as good as he hoped we would be. but then i worked really hard on it the day of the play and everyone said it was great. wanna hear something funny? of course you do. my friend bobby was in the audience and he told me that this lady who was sitting in front of him said in the middle of the play, not even quietly; "he has a very seductive voice." that's funny!

the forum is dead! come on people, let's post more! keep this place alive!

so i have 8 new pickle jar strips scanned and done and ready to appear on the website. i think i want to have 15 in queue before i start putting them up. so i'm halfway there! thusly, i'm setting the overly optomistic date of some time in january for pickle jar to start updating again. that's right ladies and gentlemen, some time in january is when pickle jar will begin the showing of its latest and greatest story, "The O". i think you're all really going to like it. i know i do.

they might get drawn a little faster if i knew anyone else wanted to read them y'know. i got a fanmail the other day. it was great. someone asked me to marry them. for a minute i almost felt like my comic strip was popular.
yeah, so anyway, read Pickle Jar.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8601 on Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:01 am

* tries to resuscitate the almost dead forum with mouth-to-mouth posting* :o

Ooooo finally!!!! A promise of picklejar strips!! Excellent!
Joe, you better follow through with it since you're bringing up our hopes of more joe-funniness... heh heh heh :D

Just curious, what was the name of the play you were in? I'm not sure if you've mentioned it before...
ZOMBIE USER 8601
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:01 pm

it was called "hello out there". it's only a 35 minute play but a lot happens in those 35 minutes and i was the only character who was on stage for it all.

anyhoo, 9 comics now done. we're movin' on up
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8601 on Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:13 am

What was the play about?
ZOMBIE USER 8601
Regular Poster

Postby El Cid on Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:14 pm

Wait, how do we know you're the real Joe? For all we know, you're Joe's sturnum who leaps out of Joe's body during the night and fills his readers with false hope.

You can't pull the wool over these eyes.
El Cid
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:14 pm

well, for one thing, cid, both of those posts were made durring the day.

and chikita, it was the best play ever. okay, i played this wandering gambler/ten-cent philosopher who had been traveling around the country and wound up in a small town in texas where i met this dame. she slept with me but then started demanding i give her money for it. i refused, and she ran out into the street claiming i had raped her. then her husband kicked the shit out of me and i was throw in jail.
the entire play took place in the jail cell. i met a girl who worked cleaning the jail and we fell in love (in 35 minutes) but then we had to find out how to get me out before the lynch mob broke in and killed me.

it was such a great role. it was like any elvis movie but with better acting.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby El Cid on Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:14 pm

Ah, good point.

I saw my own school's play yesterday, "It's a Wonderful Life." Oddly, it was almost exactly like the one you're describing. :-?
El Cid
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8601 on Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:26 am

Heh, that sounds like it was a fun role to play! Lots of neat character traits and what not of your character.. I'm sad , because our school does a play every other year. And since we had a play last year, we won't have one this year, so i can't be part of it. But, yay me, we're having a fashion/art extravagenza and i'm gonna design/make a costume based on a person's conscience instead of making the play costumes. :D Just felt like posting that.. it has nothing to do with the comic :D
ZOMBIE USER 8601
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:32 pm

it was a great part! i got to be all of my old heroes, like james dean and frank sinatra and elvis (perhaps with the possible exception that elvis was a horrible actor) combined into one
it's too bad about not being able to do a play. my school does one every year, but for some reason i didn't do it until i was a junior. i really wish i had gotten into it earlier.
a costume based on conscience huh? sounds interesting. who cares if it has nothing to do with the comic, who ever said posts here have to be about the comic? not i
yeah, so anyway, read Pickle Jar.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8601 on Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:36 pm

:D MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :D

Just felt like throwing that out there....
ZOMBIE USER 8601
Regular Poster

Postby Crazykiltman on Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:12 pm

i know how you feel, joe-ness. i feel like a moron for not getting into acting sooner. i was in a ten minute one-act last year. i'm going for the musical this year. auditions have been all week. man, i REALLY hope i get call backs and stuff.
acting rocks.
i wonder if humpty dumpty had ears. i mean, think about it. that could explain his whole equilibrium problem.
Crazykiltman
Regular Poster

Return to Pickle Jar