In my dad's cousin's wife's pajamas...

Postby The Joester on Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:55 am

Sounds like a bucket full of fun. <P>By the by, for those of you who aren't "in the know", Jackie's on vacation to Oregon. That was her giving us all a report. <P>Maybe tomorow she'll shed some light on the mystery of "What is there to do in Oregon?"<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://situationnowhere.keenspace.com/" TARGET=_blank>~Joe</A>
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby In Stereo on Mon Jul 30, 2001 10:38 am

Ah, yes, the many activites of Oregon. <P>For those who don't need to spend the day attempting to buy clothes to get you through a few days in the hopes that your luggage will arrive by then, just to find it on the front porch when you return home...well, you may want to bring a camera. I've honestly never had my "breath taken" by the average scenery you see when driving from place to place. Mountains, waterfalls, lakes, lack of fat people--Portland has it all.<P>Not that I've done any of this yet, but there really is a lot of sight-seeing to do here. I saw a tree-hugger! But Mt. St. Helens looks pretty amazing, as do the other surrounding mountains. There's the whole Pacific Coast, and the Colombia River Gorge, and just really beautiful sights. <P>Enough of my disriented bantering. I still have no idea what time it is.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby In Stereo on Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:08 am

Oi, what a day. Luckily it was arranged that for the time I'm here in Oregon, I'll be sleeping in the basement--the only room with internet access. <P>Here are a few highlights from the day of travellign across the country:<P>12:00 am-4:30 am - Should have been sleeping, but wasn't able to.<P>6:30 am - Ate breakfast at the bagel place at the Cleveland Airport. Looked down and saw a bloody rat trap with two dead baby rats and an still struggling larger one. Lost appetite.<P>9:00am - Boarded second plane frome Detroit Airport. Taxied out on the runway, but stopped and waited on plane for two hours. Radar failure in Cleveland had shut down all air traffic in the central United States. Damn Cleveland!<P>2:45pm (Pacific time now! That would actually be 5:45pm if I decided to make this post in one time zone. But I didn't.) - Couldn't find luggage. Had to leave without it because airlines lost it. <P>And that should explain the subject of this post.<P>But anyhoo, I'm far from complaining; It's so awesome out here that it completely makes up for all the trouble tossed in our path to get here. I was gaping for probably the entire length of time we drove around here because this is quite possibly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Wed Aug 01, 2001 6:20 am

I feel it's worth noting that my mom is downstairs yelling at my dad because the neighbor's 14-year-old son drives around our cul-de-sac.
I dunno, apparently it's his fault somehow.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby In Stereo on Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:15 am

Moms. Go figure.<P>I haven't driven since the power window incident the first night I got my permit.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby Insomniac on Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:37 am

Whoah! Wait a second. Did Jackie just say post that the WHOLE PACIFIC COAST was one of the better sites of Oregon? Wow, I never knew the entire Pacific Coast was located entirely on the state of Oregon. I can't wait to go to Oregon and see the entire Pacific Coast! Yeahh! You would think there would be a lot of talk about something like that. I guess they just wanted to keep it secret so that the tourist wouldn't outnumber the locals and cause the natural BALANCE of the envirenment known as Oregon to be well.... unBALANCEd!
Insomniac
Regular Poster

Postby MHaelG on Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:49 am

::cough:: Not a good way to get started here smart guy...<P>------------------
Remember that one time when we were at Primate Media?
MHaelG

Postby Silent Kyle on Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:32 am

Hehe...well, I found it funny<P>------------------
...I'll think of something creative for here later.
Silent Kyle

Postby Insomniac on Thu Aug 02, 2001 7:06 am

Yes she did Joe, look at her post again. It says, and I quote, "There's the whole Pacific Coast blah blah blah"<P>or something like that.<P>------------------
With Insomnia nothing is real, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.~ Fight Club
Insomniac
Regular Poster

Postby MHaelG on Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:41 am

9:00am - Boarded second plane frome Detroit Airport. Taxied out on the runway, but stopped and waited on plane for two hours. Radar failure in Cleveland had shut down all air traffic in the central United States. Damn Cleveland!<P>Notice what it says from Radar failure to the end. Then shut the hell up.
MHaelG

Postby The Joester on Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:49 am

no, i don't think she did.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby In Stereo on Thu Aug 02, 2001 10:15 am

...But anyway...I saw an Indian. He wanted my money.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby In Stereo on Fri Aug 03, 2001 10:52 am

Good, because I said you were anything but cool like the Fonz. I wouldn't want you to see that.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Fri Aug 03, 2001 11:25 am

oh, i don't know, i didn't actually read her post. <P>------------------
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Joester on Wed Aug 08, 2001 2:36 am

well then everything worked out after all.<P>------------------
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby In Stereo on Wed Aug 08, 2001 6:22 am

Yep. Sheltering you from the hard truth.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby In Stereo on Thu Aug 09, 2001 4:35 am

That's why I'm such a good sidekick. Plus, I don't ask for money.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Thu Aug 09, 2001 8:18 am

i appreciate it.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby SuperJoe on Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:06 am

Speaking of money... can I have some?
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby In Stereo on Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:17 am

No, dodgummit, this MY change. I sat under the town bridge with a tip cup and pretended I was blinde for four hours to scrape up this much and you can't have it.
In Stereo
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Pickle Jar