Surprises of life...

Surprises of life...

Postby AtmanRyu on Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:47 pm

It all started this past Saturday, when I was going to the local arcade to play DDR as always... Nearby, a business convention was taking place, and the usual yadda yadda setting...

Suddenly, as I looked around for a moment, there I saw it...

A person that looked exactly like Fomhault Plebe!! :o

I'm not kidding! He looked just like him! (well, the only difference being that you could look through his glasses) Besides that, it was the same head shape; the same gritty expression; the same formal wear... I was simply freaked to see such uncanny resemblance to the character in the comic :o

I could had taken a photo for proof; however, I didn' have a camera with me (it sucks not having a digital camera :( ); heh, even if I had, he probably wouldn't had taken it lightly :wink:
- Surreal Kins

We have been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life.
- James Van Praagh
AtmanRyu
Regular Poster

Re: Surprises of life...

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:44 pm

AtmanRyu wrote:Nearby, a business convention was taking place, and the usual yadda yadda setting...

Suddenly, as I looked around for a moment, there I saw it...

A person that looked exactly like Fomhault Plebe!! :o

I'm not kidding! He looked just like him! (well, the only difference being that you could look through his glasses) Besides that, it was the same head shape; the same gritty expression; the same formal wear... I was simply freaked to see such uncanny resemblance to the character in the comic :o

Hey, life does imitate art. That's all I got to say.
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:42 am

Wallaroo_Blacke wrote:Hey, life does imitate art. That's all I got to say.

Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting,
then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:30 pm

Gene wrote:Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting, then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O

YOU would be ready to freak out, Gene? I'd be hurrying up on my plans to move to a remote rock. :D
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster

Postby Cryoblade on Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:15 pm

hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)
Cryoblade

Postby Cryoblade on Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:17 pm

hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)
Cryoblade

Postby AtmanRyu on Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:46 pm

cryoblade wrote:hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)

I know what you're thinking, and that happened BEFORE playing DDR :lol:

As for how long I play... Well, usually 2 hours or 6 to 7 credits; whichever comes first :wink:
- Surreal Kins

We have been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life.
- James Van Praagh
AtmanRyu
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:05 pm

Elix wrote:
Gene wrote:Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting, then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O

YOU would be ready to freak out, Gene? I'd be hurrying up on my plans to move to a remote rock. :D

Well, YOU could do that... I'm the one that would be stuck.
Because if Avariss really *did* exist, he'd be holding me
personally responsible for quite a few things...
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

When Avariss attacks:

Postby UncleMonty on Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:20 pm

Michael Alan Avariss turned slowly, then with a sharklike grin , spoke.
"We meet at last, Mr. Catlow. I have a few things to <I>discuss</I>with you."
He began striding across the room, but then stopped - with an expression of dread appearing on his face, as though he'd just found a cockroach at the bottom of his milkshake.

Gene was holding a small, rectangular, Pink Pearl eraser...
"You haven't been inked yet." He reminded Avariss.
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero

Re: When Avariss attacks:

Postby Genecatlow on Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:13 pm

UncleMonty wrote:Michael Alan Avariss turned slowly, then with a sharklike grin , spoke.
"We meet at last, Mr. Catlow. I have a few things to <I>discuss</I>with you."
He began striding across the room, but then stopped - with an expression of dread appearing on his face, as though he'd just found a cockroach at the bottom of his milkshake.

Gene was holding a small, rectangular, Pink Pearl eraser...
"You haven't been inked yet." He reminded Avariss.

But *all* artists can hold that over their character's heads!
Or try to...

I don't suppose you have ever seen the Twilight Zone episode
"A World of His Own", have you? The story centers around a
playwright who can actually bring his characters to life if he
describes them accurately enough on tape - and if/when he
destroys the tape, the character is uncreated.
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Return to Gene Catlow