Surprises of life...

Surprises of life...

Postby AtmanRyu on Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:47 pm

It all started this past Saturday, when I was going to the local arcade to play DDR as always... Nearby, a business convention was taking place, and the usual yadda yadda setting...

Suddenly, as I looked around for a moment, there I saw it...

A person that looked exactly like Fomhault Plebe!! :o

I'm not kidding! He looked just like him! (well, the only difference being that you could look through his glasses) Besides that, it was the same head shape; the same gritty expression; the same formal wear... I was simply freaked to see such uncanny resemblance to the character in the comic :o

I could had taken a photo for proof; however, I didn' have a camera with me (it sucks not having a digital camera :( ); heh, even if I had, he probably wouldn't had taken it lightly :wink:
- Surreal Kins

We have been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life.
- James Van Praagh
User avatar
AtmanRyu
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Surprises of life...

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:44 pm

AtmanRyu wrote:Nearby, a business convention was taking place, and the usual yadda yadda setting...

Suddenly, as I looked around for a moment, there I saw it...

A person that looked exactly like Fomhault Plebe!! :o

I'm not kidding! He looked just like him! (well, the only difference being that you could look through his glasses) Besides that, it was the same head shape; the same gritty expression; the same formal wear... I was simply freaked to see such uncanny resemblance to the character in the comic :o


Hey, life does imitate art. That's all I got to say.
User avatar
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: -Location Withheld- in Texas

Re: Surprises of life...

Postby Genecatlow on Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:42 am

Wallaroo_Blacke wrote:Hey, life does imitate art. That's all I got to say.

Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting,
then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Concord, CA. USA

Re: Surprises of life...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:30 pm

Gene wrote:Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting, then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O


YOU would be ready to freak out, Gene? I'd be hurrying up on my plans to move to a remote rock. :D
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Postby Cryoblade on Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:15 pm

hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)
Cryoblade
Newbie
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: michigan

Postby Cryoblade on Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:17 pm

hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)
Cryoblade
Newbie
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: michigan

Postby AtmanRyu on Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:46 pm

cryoblade wrote:hmm how much ddr wereyou playing? ^.^; when i dance for like 4 hours straigh sometimes i see things too. like this one time i got all the steps on dynamite rave and this girl flirted wiht me. now i know thats not real! no girl flirts with me! X.X;; lets all hope he was a dance dance induced illusion and that such men dont exist... (dance arrows scroll by his face and he falls down in an epileptic seisure)


I know what you're thinking, and that happened BEFORE playing DDR :lol:

As for how long I play... Well, usually 2 hours or 6 to 7 credits; whichever comes first :wink:
- Surreal Kins

We have been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life.
- James Van Praagh
User avatar
AtmanRyu
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Surprises of life...

Postby Genecatlow on Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:05 pm

Elix wrote:
Gene wrote:Now, if you told me you saw Michael Alan Avariss at your meeting, then I'd be ready to freak out... O_O


YOU would be ready to freak out, Gene? I'd be hurrying up on my plans to move to a remote rock. :D


Well, YOU could do that... I'm the one that would be stuck.
Because if Avariss really *did* exist, he'd be holding me
personally responsible for quite a few things...
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Concord, CA. USA

When Avariss attacks:

Postby UncleMonty on Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:20 pm

Michael Alan Avariss turned slowly, then with a sharklike grin , spoke.
"We meet at last, Mr. Catlow. I have a few things to <I>discuss</I>with you."
He began striding across the room, but then stopped - with an expression of dread appearing on his face, as though he'd just found a cockroach at the bottom of his milkshake.

Gene was holding a small, rectangular, Pink Pearl eraser...
"You haven't been inked yet." He reminded Avariss.
User avatar
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Re: When Avariss attacks:

Postby Genecatlow on Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:13 pm

UncleMonty wrote:Michael Alan Avariss turned slowly, then with a sharklike grin , spoke.
"We meet at last, Mr. Catlow. I have a few things to <I>discuss</I>with you."
He began striding across the room, but then stopped - with an expression of dread appearing on his face, as though he'd just found a cockroach at the bottom of his milkshake.

Gene was holding a small, rectangular, Pink Pearl eraser...
"You haven't been inked yet." He reminded Avariss.


But *all* artists can hold that over their character's heads!
Or try to...

I don't suppose you have ever seen the Twilight Zone episode
"A World of His Own", have you? The story centers around a
playwright who can actually bring his characters to life if he
describes them accurately enough on tape - and if/when he
destroys the tape, the character is uncreated.
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Concord, CA. USA


 

Return to Gene Catlow



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest