Heeba Greetings ...

Postby Tek Roo on Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:53 pm

On 2002-04-19 12:16, Scotty Arsenault wrote:
Yow, you guys.. you can't get enough message board, can you? <:o)
Be nice on Gene's board.

We kinda overflowed onto here during the 'server move, but we're behaving ourselves! Aren't we Uncle Gene? No one's been set on fire yet! :wink:

*hits 'refresh' a few more times on the browser he's got permanently set to CommanderKitty.Com to see if the first installment has been uploaded yet*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tek Roo on 2002-04-19 13:57 ]</font>
Tek Roo
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:19 pm

On 2002-04-19 12:16, Scotty Arsenault wrote:
Yow, you guys.. you can't get enough message board, can you? <:o)
Be nice on Gene's board.

Aw, they're nice! I like 'em, they are fun
to hear from. Hey, I enjoy your forum
too!

And what's this? The good Commander Kitty has
begun his tour of duty! Faboosh!! :smile:

Go here now, everyone!
http://www.commanderkitty.com/
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Postby Genecatlow on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:27 pm

On 2002-04-19 13:53, Tek Roo wrote:

We kinda overflowed onto here during the 'server move, but we're behaving ourselves! Aren't we Uncle Gene? No one's been set on fire yet! :wink:

*hits 'refresh' a few more times on the browser he's got permanently set to CommanderKitty.Com to see if the first installment has been uploaded yet*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tek Roo on 2002-04-19 13:57 ]</font>

Nope, no one's been set on fire yet! Thanks
for obeying the Forum-Friendly Flamewar
Safety Code and extinguishing all burning
materials from your posts before uploading! :smile:

Remember... only YOU can prevent forum fires!
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:44 pm

Gene wrote:
Nope, no one's been set on fire yet! Thanks for obeying the Forum-Friendly Flamewar Safety Code and extinguishing all burning materials from your posts before uploading! :smile:

This thread does have a flaming folder icon, though... :grin:

Remember... only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Lack of drawing skill..interfering with creative ability...must...draw...*twitch*
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster

Postby CyberCorn Entropic on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:13 pm

Quoth the Tek Roo wrote:
But, hey! Speaking of those who know what the tools are but not how to put them to proper use effectively in an Anthropomorphic Genre (that's me), does anyone here know of any good books they may recommend on the subject?

I'm basically at the level where I can draw what I'm looking at with copious amounts of 2B pencil and an appropriate eraser, but I need more work in the "applying mental images to paper" sort of thing -- probably along the lines of how to create rough sketches with geometric objects and such and then using them as a guide to the finished product.

I'll go out on a limb here and assume here that you are referring to "how-to-draw-[whatever]" books. Useful books include your basic Drawing Basic Human Anatomy type books. Books on drawing cartoon animals is also essential because, in order to draw a convincing furry, you will have to distort the basic human proportions some (also such books will give you an idea of differing body types, i.e. heavy-set "goon", screwball, etc.). Good references on real world animals are also invaluable so that your fox furry will actually look convincingly like a fox and not a duck.
Where to find such books? Reference books are available just about anywhere books are sold or lent. The how-to-draw books can be found at many bookstores as well as many crafts and hobby stores (like Hobby Lobby). Don't be afraid to look at "How to draw Disney characters" books as they can be very helpful in getting started.

Of course, the most important thing is to remember how to get to Carnegie Hall.

Practice, practice, practice.
"The more you observe politics, the more you've got to admit that each party is worse than the other." ~ Will Rogers
CyberCorn Entropic
Regular Poster

Postby Tek Roo on Wed May 01, 2002 4:39 pm

We back? Whew! That took a while! I hope we're not just in the eye of the storm right now!

Hey! And there's my ugly mug! How special!

Thanks for the advice so far! I'll check into that the next chance I get. I've also been given some pointers available online as well. Unfortunately, I've already walked past three bookstores today, and forgot to see what they had on offer! Doh!

Thanks again! Any more advice is surely welcome!
Tek Roo
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Gene Catlow