Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:48 pm
by Ekevu Cheetah
I liked that guy. Really did.

He turned out to be such a disappointment...
_________________
=
EFG=
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:08 pm
by Genecatlow
[quote]
On 2002-03-09 15:48, Ekevu Cheetah wrote:
I liked that guy. Really did.

He turned out to be such a disappointment...
_________________
=
EFG=
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:29 pm
by Ekevu Cheetah
On 2002-03-09 18:08, genecatlow wrote:
He put on a good act, didn't he?
(And yes, he has turned out to be a rather
distateful type, but... the story isn't over
yet...)
Yes, he does. Everyone changes when
"with an audience", but some change too much.
As for the story not being over, well, I've changed my mind once. I can change it again. There's a famous Brazilian song (Raul Seixas) that says, "I prefer being that walking metamorphosis to having that old old old formed opinion about everything I know and I don't know". (That's a rough translation, I hope it makes
some sense!!

)
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:47 pm
by Mellotron
On 2002-03-09 18:29, Ekevu Cheetah wrote:
As for the story not being over, well, I've changed my mind once. I can change it again. There's a famous Brazilian song (Raul Seixas) that says, "I prefer being that walking metamorphosis to having that old old old formed opinion about everything I know and I don't know". (That's a rough translation, I hope it makes
some sense!!

)
Yes, I know all too well what it's like. I've changed my opinions about so much, so many times, that I really irritate myself sometimes!
Coincidence, I've actually *heard of* that singer, and I don't know anyone Brazilian IRL. Its just, one of my teachers visited there, and he already liked folk music so...told us about him. Anyway your translation made sense to me. <:)
Mel
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:23 pm
by Ekevu Cheetah
On 2002-03-09 19:47, mellotron wrote:
Yes, I know all too well what it's like. I've changed my opinions about so much, so many times, that I really irritate myself sometimes!
LOL!

I used to get irritated, but it's happened so many times I simply gave up. A few months ago I met someone who I had not seen for two years or something like that. I had changed so much she joked that I was some sort of "unknown evil twin" or something...
Coincidence, I've actually *heard of* that singer, and I don't know anyone Brazilian IRL. Its just, one of my teachers visited there, and he already liked folk music so...told us about him. Anyway your translation made sense to me. <:)
He probably got here by the '80's, when thinking was stopping being a crime, and there was a cultural boom in the whole Latin America. Anyway, if you're interested, I've got some friends' handy help on
a translation for the whole song. (That is a pearl, somebody should've done that before.)
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:12 am
by Mellotron
On 2002-03-09 21:23, Ekevu Cheetah wrote:
He probably got here by the '80's, when thinking was stopping being a crime, and there was a cultural boom in the whole Latin America.
That's basically what my teacher said. Since his visit, I got the idea he really took up the cause for intellectual freedom. Great teacher too, I miss that guy.
Thanks for posting the song, I'll have to check out RS's music some time.
Mel
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:51 pm
by BillBrd1
::returns from Florida::
::sigh:: You were all right. I can't believe I was gullible enough to be tricked by Bob into thinking we were friends!
BTW, I saw the 3/9 strip. Thanks Gene! (I'll thank you later in e-mail. I've only been home about 2 hours)
Well, I suppose you're all wondering what I was doing there?
Well, I was planning a vacation to Marco Island and wanted to take Bob along. He agreed and seemed interested. I was gonna surprise him by showing him how humans and furries can get along together, as is the case of Marco Island.
Well, I had some information I wanted to show him and decided to head over to his office to give it to him.
Well, I overheard what he said in the 3/8 comic strip. My initial reaction was disbelief but then it turned to anger.
Well, he saw me and aside from a look of horror, he acted as if everything was fine.
I gave him an icy stare and said that I stopped by to drop off some papers. I shoved them right in his face and they got stuck on his beak.
I wanted to stick them somewhere else put decided it would be more appropriate (and G-rated) to shove them on his beak.
He's lucky I didn't pelican-dive him. He really is. I don't know why I didn't. But right now, I feel so betrayed by him, I'm not gonna even waste my time thinking about it.
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:25 am
by C Eagle
On 2002-03-16 18:51, BillBrd1 wrote:
He's lucky I didn't pelican-dive him. He really is.
*warbles quietly.. and patpats Bill on the wing..*
Head on over to NorthSide when you get a chance Bill.. you can enjoy the company of some avian chat friends, and restore your feelings.. o'link really is a blight on the flight-inclined, and a rarity among you and us all..
Come on over.. have a beaksmile and unwind with friends :>
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:22 am
by Bahamuet
Hey! I live in Tampa, Florida! What a coincadinc!
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:10 am
by BillBrd1
On 2002-03-18 01:25, C Eagle wrote:
*warbles quietly.. and patpats Bill on the wing..*
Head on over to NorthSide when you get a chance Bill.. you can enjoy the company of some avian chat friends, and restore your feelings.. o'link really is a blight on the flight-inclined, and a rarity among you and us all..
Come on over.. have a beaksmile and unwind with friends :>
Oh my God! The concert! I never finished it! Thanks for reminding me, C!
As for Bob, I've calmed down a bit and thought about it. The question isn't "how could he?". The question is "why?"
If he really wasn't my friend, why didn't he just thank me for my assistance at the festival and go off on his own way?
But never mind that. I got a concert to finish. You go on to Northside, C! I'll be there with clothes on! ::chuckles::
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:11 am
by BillBrd1
On 2002-03-18 04:22, Bahamuet wrote:
Hey! I live in Tampa, Florida! What a coincadinc!
Really? Cool! I have a friend who lives there too!
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:32 am
by JFD62780
On 2002-03-18 04:22, Bahamuet wrote:
Hey! I live in Tampa, Florida! What a coincadinc!
To which, on 2002-03-18 07:11, BillBrd1 responded:
Really? Cool! I have a friend who lives there too!
Hmm... Could that friend be...
ME?
There's a backstory here. Bahamuet's player is one pf my friends from high school, and thus, we're both from Tampa Bay, just not
originally!

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:30 am
by BillBrd1
On 2002-03-18 11:32, JFD62780 wrote:
Hmm... Could that friend be...
ME?
There's a backstory here. Bahamuet's player is one pf my friends from high school, and thus, we're both from Tampa Bay, just not
originally!
Yep, you're the friend I was talking about!
Hmmm....Bahamuet. I don't know why, but that name sounds familiar.