8_8

Postby Elevenbane on Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:12 pm

In a chinese restaurant nearby Eleva and Mari were paying the bill for thier lunch.

"Every time..." Eleva griped. "Every single time we have enough extra money to get takeout for lunch, we HAVE to come here... Never mind a deli, or pizza place, or even McDees, you always want to come here."

Mari turned back to Eleva. "Oh come on, you know how much I like sushi, and this is the only place that serves it halfway decent. Besides, you like the food too." Having paid the cashier, Mari and Eleva walked out the door.

"Yeah, but you can only take so much until it gets repetative." Eleva commented. "What's the matter?"

Mari opened the door that was unlocked despite threat of theft. Somehow she got the feeling any thief trying to take the beater she drove would give up in frustration at it's poor condition.

"It's that girl, I can't help but feel there's something more we could have done for her." Mari buckled the safety belt and put the key in the ignition. "But we don't even know her name."

Turning the key, the engine started haltingly and when it started running as smooth as it usually does the radio came on.

"-Ry hate groups have struck again at our local campus. Todays victim, a young rabbit girl named Mokanna, has apparently been attacked before. On the lighter side of events Furristons very own Cotton is-" The news of the day continued on as Mari looked at the radio dumbfounded.

"Well, we know her name now." Eleva commented dryly.

"Hoo boy. I need some fresh air." Mari turned off the car and started to open the door to step out.

"Just open the window." Eleva suggested.

"After driving around for a couple months with a garbage bag duct taped to the door I don't think I will. After all, the window might not close again." Mari stepped out and closed the door.

"Oh. Right. THAT." Eleva commented as she stepped out as well. "Where are we going?" She asked as Mari paced around.

"I dunno. Just need to think a moment. She's probably a student here. I wonder if I could ask around to see if anyone knows her. It might take a while but we just may..."

Mari became interupted by voices from the restaurant. By now Mari's pacing had taken them to the back where employees got ready to deliver the food.

"Oh hey, I know the girls in this apartment, why don't I take this delivery? I heard that Mokanna had a hard time this morning."

"...we just may get lucky. Hey this is pretty cool!" Mari clasped her hands in front of her and looked upwards. "I just don't know how we're gonna find some free high quality art supplies..." Mari waited hopefully, eyes glancing around.

"Um, Mari. I don't think it works that way."

"Eh, it was worth a try. Come on! Lets catch that delivery girl!"
Elevenbane
Regular Poster

Postby Davad on Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:17 pm

The rain hadn't settled yet, especially at this end of the city park. If anything, it had only started down harder. *sigh*...Just my luck, thought the old skunk, bundling his robes closer around himself, and looking up as he saw yet another of those 'Furry Pride' groups pass down the street, or whatever they were calling themselves nowadays... *sigh*...Do they never learn? Sighing, he stood up again, deciding to follow the crowd at a fair distance; he didn't want to be confused as being a part of that mob, but every now and then...

Every now and then, someone ends up getting hurt by these thugs...Too much more often than I'd prefer...
Davad
Regular Poster

Postby Mellotron on Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:18 pm

At the bus stop, going to school in Furriston for the first time, Mel noticed a bespectacled rabbit girl about her age, also carrying a large pack. "I bet she's going to school too...wonder if I should say hello?" Then Mel noticed a nasty scrape on the girl's lower jaw, and some bruises...

(Bus arrives, everyone at the stop gets on)

Mokona, eyeing Mel's bag: "So, you're our new inmate?"

Mel: "Heh. Yeah, hi there, and all. My name's Mel."

Mokona: "I'm Mokona. Where are you from?"

Mel: "The UK...<i>Mokona?!?</i> you're the girl who was attacked!"

Mokona: "Great, now I'm famous! I wish it were for something else!" :sad:

Mel: "It was on the news, and my dad told me. I really don't understand the hate group mentality: get beat up for helping a homeless guy?!"

Mokona: "Yep. I don't see Charlie today. I hope he's allright, what with those morons hanging around here. Soooo, let's see your schedule ..."

(Mel gives it)

Mokona: "Well, we're in different grades so no class together. We have lunch at the same time though. Watch out for a big wolf and a spotty rabbit in Chemistry with you. Stupid brutes, same gang as the ones who're after me. They pick on anyone different, not just humans."

Mel: "Thanks, I will. Not surprising - bigots don't need much to set 'em off."

(Bus arrives at the school and they head for their classes)

Mokona: "Least I can do. I'll keep an eye out for ya today, good luck!" :smile:

Mel: "See ya!" Thinks: "Nice person, always thinking of others. And look what it got her yesterday. ::growls, puffs:: I'd sure like to rip some new holes in those idiots! :mad: "

(some kid running to class bumps into Mel): "OOWWW!! What the..?! Hey! Watch where you're going! You should be against the no weapons rule!"

Mel: "But I...oh nevermind!" (goes looking for the first room on her schedule)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mellotron on 2002-03-08 18:26 ]</font>
Mellotron
Regular Poster

Postby Elliot N. Golunda on Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:50 pm

On 2002-03-01 13:21, genecatlow wrote:
On 2002-03-01 09:21 Tim Tylor wrote:
Cotton, you idiot...

He's not an idiot, he just doesn't know that
he's playing into the hands of those who want
to manipulate him. They are quite knowledgeble
of personality types, and Cotton is one of
those who are rather vulnerable to such tactics.

Not stupid, just naive, which is reassuring, to a point.

I think that Tavatiana needs to give Cotton a crash course in dealing with the media, and in dealing with manipulative personalities: he seems to have the same pushable buttons he had when dealing with the "Bean Counter".
"Do Impure thoughts count?" "No, only acts of will."
"What about acts of ineptitude?" "A grey area, and don't tell me you haven't lived in that twilight before."
"Most of my life... Not that I haven't leaped up into the blinding light of competence now and then. It's sustaining the altitude that defeats me."
- Lois McMaster Bujold
Elliot N. Golunda
Regular Poster

Postby Davad on Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:54 pm

As he turned away from the third fur, Davad noticed the scent of the human they had been 'punished' for helping...A young child, huddled behind a discarded milk-crate. He wondered what the little girl had been doing out here in the park, and if her parents might be near. Shaking his head, he reserved such thoughts for when he had time to worry, and looking her over quickly, he decided her small cut could wait until a few of the more ugly-looking marks had been healed. Glancing around yet again, he wondered why there was no one around, not even the normal gawkers. Shaking his head, he settled down again, closing his eyes and laying his paw on one fur's broken arm, thinking to himself, Well, at the least, with no gawkers, I can be at least some help...
Davad
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:29 pm

On 2002-03-08 19:50, Elliot N. Golunda wrote:

I think that Tavatiana needs to give Cotton a crash course in dealing with the media, and in dealing with manipulative personalities: he seems to have the same pushable buttons he had when dealing with the "Bean Counter".

Yes, he does... that's the type of person
Cotton is. And those who want to make his
fame pay off for him spotted those traits
right away.
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Postby Burlington on Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:24 pm

Night falls early over Friendship Island, and
the stars are already bright in the sky by the
time one of its citizens returns home. In the
corner of his simple dwelling there is an old
(but powerful) radio receiver and a lead from
the window to the antenna mounted high overhead.
DX'ing (the hobby of listening to distant
radio stations) is a favorite pastime for this
young mustelid and he traverses the dial
carefully until he catches one particular
station. A frown clouds his face as he hears
of the troubles in the more populaced quarters
of the world. He would never have believed
that so many of his furry brethren would have
fallen prey to the diseases of ignorance and
irrational hatred. Quietly he switches his
old receiver off and looks wistfully across
the ocean, the indigo sky adorned with the
jewelry of the night. In his heart he keeps a
fervent little prayer that the uglier brand
of night not descend upon the world... the
hard desolate night of hatred...
Burlington
Regular Poster

Postby Mokonapuff on Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:11 am

Ah, lunchtime. Aside from the after-curfew anime sessions they had in the dorm lobby, there was no part of the day the girls of Total Slaughter Incorperated loved more. Instead of heading over to the campus cafeteria (none of them, especially Mokona, had felt like going out in the rain), they'd ordered Chinese delivered. Since it was Thursday, it was Char and Mokona's turn to wait for the delivery.
"Hey, d'you bring your cd player?"
"Don't I always?"
"Great, 'cause I'm in the mood for some Cowboy Bebop."
Borrowing Mokona's walkman, which, amazingly, was still working, since it had been in her bag during the fight, Char popped in the cd and let the big band jazz of "Tank!" pour out.
"Good thing this is a girls only dorm. Those "furry pride" bastards'd let us have it for listening to "human" music."
"Whatever. Human or not, Yoko Kanno's still the best composer in the past ten years, and Cowboy Bebop is the best soundtrack she's ever done."
"Point."
As the track finished and "Stray Dog Strut" came on, they continued to wait by the main door for their food to show up.
"So, explain it to me again. You run into this homeless guy you met in December while waiting for the bus."
"Yep."
"Feeling sorry for him, you fork over your umbrella and food money."
"Uh-huh."
"Three blocks later, near the 59th Street Bridge, you're getting pounded by the idiots from our Art History 101."
"That's right."
"And this is because they SAW you give him the money and followed you."
"YES, already!"
"Sorry. Anyway, that's $%^&@*# screwed. I mean, they've harrassed us for watching animes, they annoy us for drawing humans, they pick on us for casually talking to humans, and now they're beating you for helping a homeless human."
"Excuse me, I'd like to DROP this subject now.....Geez, when is she gonna get here?"
"I dunno, but I'm star-"
Char gets cut off as a brick comes flying through the glass door, missing her head by inches. As they dive to the ground to avoid the showering glass, wind and rain suddenly flooding the lobby, She reaches out a hand and picks it up. Scratched into the side are the words, "Such to all traitors!" As Mokona drags herself out from under the bench, shaking glass out of her hair, Char shows her the brick.
"Lookie what our buddies brought us."
"Oh, how nice, a gift," her lapine friend mutters sarcastically.
They both turn, but whoever was responsible is now gone.
"You know who's gonna have to pay for this, right?"
"Us. The administrators'll say we brought it on ourselves, the pricks. Awwww....My second one this month!!" Mokona complained, picking up her smashed CD player, which had been struck as the brick bounced off the ground. "Well, at least this survived," she commented, handing Char her soundtrack. The feline looked it over for scratches, then looked at the ruined walkman.
"Ew...Not good. Hey, look, I can see the delivery car just down the block."
"Finally. At least one good thing is happening today. I'm soaked anyway, so I'll go get the food."
Char sighed in annoyance. "I suppose I'll go report this in. Fat lot of good it'll do us anyway. Meet back here, an' I'll help you carry everything to our floor. I bet the other gals are hungrier than I am now."
"Ja ne," Mokona muttered dismally as she trudged back out into the rain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mokonapuff on 2002-03-11 08:04 ]</font>
Mokonapuff
Regular Poster

Postby Greyeyes on Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:48 am

Officer Malchoir was doing his daily rounds when nearby he hears a crash. It's on the campus, not really his beat, but he went anyway.

He jogs up to the dorm, his leather jacket and shorts covered by a rain jacket, and his rifle, carefully wrapped, jounced against his backbone. As he stops, he notices a lapine girl getting some delivery from a car, and head back towards the building, its glass door shattered.

As she enters the building, Grey pads up, and teh girl stops, and looks at the enormus wolf, over 6 and a half feet tall.

"Excuse me, do you live here?" He asks.

(Background: Grey Malchoir is a Furriston cop well known for using "excessive force"; namely, his tranquilizer rifle, when weapons aren't needed. However, he has a strong sense of duty, doesn't like to see anyone get hurt, and is very chivalrous. Especially when he's facing down a mallet. :wink:)
Greyeyes

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:26 pm

Note to self. RP threads, when staged right, explode with activity. Cool! :grin:

(This section kinda continues from where I was going...same day.)

<RP>

Elix lies back on his bed, as the rain continues to fall outside. On the table bedside, Elix's cd player finishes playing "Endless Rain," and the beautifully sad beginning of "Kurenai" ["Crimson"] begins. The boy rolls over and turns his cd player off. He looks across the room, to a small case sitting on his dresser. Hopping off his bed, he retrieves it and climbs back up.

Warm and dry in his room, Elix feels different than when he was out in the rain, singing in the Animen Circle. It's not as cold anymore. Giggling to himself, he clutches the case tightly to his chest. One good thing happened today; he made a new friend. Bill the pelican had come to talk to him. He even used his wing to shelter Elix while they spoke.

Elix places the case on the bed, and pops the latches on the sides. He opens the lid, and looks down at his treasure inside. Disassembled in three pieces, an old flute rests in the case. Carefully, reverently, he removes the flute, piece by piece, and assembles it. The rain continues falling unabated outside.

Sitting crosslegged on his bed, he remembers an old saying a close friend always used to say, when teaching him how to sing, and how to play the flute. Through music, you shall find true love among all.

Elix looks out the window, as he practices a few scales. True love among all.

</RP>

(I'd write more, but I'm going to be late for class!) *dashes*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elix on 2002-03-11 14:27 ]</font>
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:08 pm

Not to interfere, but I did want my forum
posting readers to know that I (1) do read all
their writings, and (2) am VERY impressed at
your imaginations, both individual and
collective. Were it up to me, you'd ALL have
online comics of your own. It isn't just my
own efforts that makes Furrsiton feel like a
real place, it's all of yours as well!
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

Postby Greyeyes on Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:22 pm

Oh, and are we at least going to get cameos?

*J/K, Gene.* :wink:
Greyeyes

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:13 pm

On 2002-03-11 17:08, genecatlow wrote:
Not to interfere, but I did want my forum posting readers to know that I (1) do read all their writings, and (2) am VERY impressed at your imaginations, both individual and collective. Were it up to me, you'd ALL have online comics of your own. It isn't just my own efforts that makes Furrsiton feel like a real place, it's all of yours as well!

Hehehe. It's good to know that our efforts aren't going un-noticed. Now, what we need to work on now is a cloning machine, so we can create some more Genes (har har har) to draw all these ideas. (Yes, I'm selfish, nyah. But I'll make enough Gene clones to go around, so there. :wink: ) (And, CW, before you complain, I'll clone one especially for you. :wink: )

I think Gene, and everyone, should be commended for making such a forum work, where people are open to and quite willing to make threads like these, where imaginations run wild together. I, for one, feel comfortable typing something up and just unleashing it into the ether, knowing that it'll be generally treated with respect. (The random troll may come about, but the regulars are good people.) It's a phenomenal trick to pull, and it's somehow happened.

I applaud you, Gene.
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster

Postby Mellotron on Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:31 pm

On 2002-03-11 07:11, Mokonapuff wrote:
Ah, lunchtime. Aside from the after-curfew anime sessions they had in the dorm lobby

Oops! :oops: Sorry Mokonapuff, for posting my story that I met your character, I had assumed yours was high school like mine...my bad. At least I don't know too many with dorms! :???: Well, if you're at the same college as Ernie, say hi to him for me!

Anyway, nice story writing ya got there, hope ya keep it up!

Mel
Mellotron
Regular Poster

Postby Mokonapuff on Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:40 pm

On 2002-03-11 18:31, mellotron wrote:

Oops! :oops: Sorry Mokonapuff, for posting my story that I met your character, I had assumed yours was high school like mine...my bad. At least I don't know too many with dorms! :???: Well, if you're at the same college as Ernie, say hi to him for me!

Anyway, nice story writing ya got there, hope ya keep it up!

Mel

::snicker:: It IS a high school. It's just that most of the furs that go there are from outside the city limits, so they have dorms to keep them in. Kinda like Ryokurin Academy in Koko wa Greenwood.
Mokonapuff
Regular Poster

Postby CyberCorn Entropic on Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:24 pm

Quoth the Elix:
Now, what we need to work on now is a cloning machine, so we can create some more Genes (har har har) to draw all these ideas. (Yes, I'm selfish, nyah. But I'll make enough Gene clones to go around, so there. :wink: ) (And, CW, before you complain, I'll clone one especially for you. :wink: )

Methinks the fine furry lady wouldst prefer the original.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyberCorn Entropic on 2002-03-11 19:30 ]</font>
CyberCorn Entropic
Regular Poster

Postby CyberCorn Entropic on Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:40 pm

Quoth the Mokonapuff:
::snicker:: It IS a high school. It's just that most of the furs that go there are from outside the city limits, so they have dorms to keep them in. Kinda like Ryokurin Academy in Koko wa Greenwood.

That would work for Furriston. As Gene once posted, Furriston is the major city on his Earth's Vancouver Island (probably only city). Barring a few small towns and villages here and there, the rest of the island is inhabited primarily by nomadic furries. The nomads and perhaps some of the small towns and villages may not have any suitable schooling facilities and would need to send their kids to Furriston. Whether this is so for Mokonapuff and the rest of Total Slaughter, Inc. or if they were shipped to the boarding school from the mainland (or something else entirely) is for her to reveal.
"The more you observe politics, the more you've got to admit that each party is worse than the other." ~ Will Rogers
CyberCorn Entropic
Regular Poster

Postby CyberCorn Entropic on Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:49 pm

<font size=-1>[ This Message deleted by: CyberCorn Entropic on 2002-03-12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyberCorn Entropic on 2002-03-12 17:37 ]</font>
CyberCorn Entropic
Regular Poster

Postby Mellotron on Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:59 pm

On 2002-03-11 18:40, Mokonapuff wrote:

Well, that's a relief! Don't get to see much anime, but I get the idea. Makes it more interesting, that way. I'm one of the few students who doesn't get the independence of the dorms, because our family lives in the city. Lucky for me, my dad's the open-minded academic type. :smile:

Mel
Mellotron
Regular Poster

Postby Mellotron on Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:04 pm

On 2002-03-11 19:40, CyberCorn Entropic

That would work for Furriston. As Gene once posted, Furriston is the major city on his Earth's Vancouver Island (probably only city).

Yeah, I remember reading that some time. Only, I didn't know what Vancouver was like. What do the nomads do? Are they farmers, hunters, etc?

Mel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mellotron on 2002-03-11 21:12 ]</font>
Mellotron
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Gene Catlow