Game on!

Postby Andrick on Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:33 pm

A: Negative. If I cannot pass a class I need to pass then I didn't learn what was necessary. It's better to take the class again and actually learn the subject instead of faking it and collecting the consequences later.

Q: Should cannibalism be grounds for leniency in sentencing for murder as it is less wasteful?

Elemental, I am so glad you do not live in a Palestinian refugee camp.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elemental on Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:11 am

On 2002-04-14 21:33, Andrick wrote:
A: Negative. If I cannot pass a class I need to pass then I didn't learn what was necessary. It's better to take the class again and actually learn the subject instead of faking it and collecting the consequences later.

Q: Should cannibalism be grounds for leniency in sentencing for murder as it is less wasteful?

Elemental, I am so glad you do not live in a Palestinian refugee camp.

A: No, but you do get Brownie Points for the Calvin and Hobbes reference.

Next Question: You are presented with the opportunity to perform a great noble act(such as rescuing a kidnapping victim, getting back something stolen, even save a life), but the only way it can be done is through a lengthy campaign that involves completely discarding all pretense of honor, dignity, and social acceptability. Do you take the opportunity?
Elemental
Regular Poster

Postby Darthen Wulf on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:57 am

YES!!! I've alredy lost ALL dignity...

Question: Would you accept a ride to the moon, if it were involving a looooog time cryogenization (I'm waiting the dictionnary fixer right here...), with VERY few hope to see your friends and family when you'll get out?
"I'll be your sexual freeeeak!!!"
--George Michael, 'Freeek'
Darthen Wulf
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:07 pm

A: No. There is nothing on the moon I'm willing to see at the cost of everything else.

Q: Same question with different variables. The final destination is Alpha Centauri. You have the option to become a colonist of a habitable world there. It is likely a one way trip which requires cryonized hibernation for a little over forty years. The screening process for skills and capability has made it impossible for anyone you know to make the trip. Would you go?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elemental on Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:54 am

Not for all the Pizza in Italy. I'll keep my particular brand of stupidity ~off~ alien worlds. I'd rather die surrounded by friends (or maybe fallout) than live for decades alone light-years from home. Besides... I wouldn't be able to take all my toys with me.
Elemental
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:33 am

Q: And your question is...?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby U-2 Dragonlady on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:43 pm

Toss in a life time of green jello, and you got yourself a deal. Whens the next flight anyway?

Q:If you are what you eat, then are only cannibals human?
U-2 Dragonlady

Postby Elemental on Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:56 am

Nope. Humanity is a question of belief, not diet.
When someone says 'you are what you eat', what they are using is a reference to the process by which the body replaces worn-out cells and tissues, and how it builds new ones. Basically, when food is digested, the raw materials (mostly proteins, sugars, fats, and carbohydrates) are fed through the circulatory system and into the cells. The cells take in the materials they require, and use those materials to synthesize nucleic acids, hormones, and the like. These products are then used to manufacture new organelles and cells. In other words, the food you eat is broken into chemical 'pieces', which are then used in turn to build new parts of the body. Hence, you are made of what you have consumed. Of course, that's not true for long- cells wear out, die, and are replaced (the lifespan difffers depending on the type of cell). Thus, within reason, that Platypus cheeseburger you ate three years ago isn't likely in your system any more.

NQ: Did that make any sense?
Andrick: you don't count for this question. I know you understand.
Elemental
Regular Poster

Postby U-2 Dragonlady on Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:35 pm

Perfect sense, like eating 4.639 aples.

Will you vote for me when I run for president of the adriatic sea?
U-2 Dragonlady

Postby Darthen Wulf on Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:20 am

:wink:

Mwaha, of course! Although, your main problem would be to convince mermaids, merfolks, tritons and other aquatic dwellers to vote for you! That would be fun to watch...

Now, question: If you were to be sent in any T.V. series or movie, which one would you choose?

[*Hey! I'm one again!!!*]
"I'll be your sexual freeeeak!!!"
--George Michael, 'Freeek'
Darthen Wulf
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Element's Song