Yes! It's SPANISH!

Postby Andrick on Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:19 am

I love Spanish. or
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby John Flaherty on Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:17 pm

On 2002-03-31 09:19, Andrick wrote:
That and we now know that Ryner is not Brazillian. :smile: I'm happy. :grin:

HEY! I'M BRAZILIAN! :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Flaherty on 2002-03-31 12:20 ]</font>
John Flaherty
Regular Poster

Postby The Red Hawk on Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:28 pm

Yeah, well, Brazil is the only South American country where Spanish isn't the main language. So no, Ryner can't be from Brazil.
I am a hawk. I am a wizard. And there is one thing you must always remember: NEVER get a wizard angry.
The Red Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby John Flaherty on Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:32 pm

Oh, guess I got it wrong. Sorry. Well, at least someone knows Brazilians speak Portuguese.
John Flaherty, the Official Furfire Shonen-ai Matchmaker.
John Flaherty
Regular Poster

Postby The Red Hawk on Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:37 pm

Wooo! Point for me! I actually remembered something from school!
I am a hawk. I am a wizard. And there is one thing you must always remember: NEVER get a wizard angry.
The Red Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby Zina on Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:21 pm

Yeah. Ryner's from Chile. He went to school and met Ronnie in Bolivia, tho'.
<A HREF="http://zina.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Element's Song</A> -It's neat. And everyone likes neat things.
<A HREF="http://clad.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Cute Li'l Anti-Christ Daiji</A> -cute anti-Christ fun!
Zina
Regular Poster

Postby The Red Hawk on Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:26 pm

Sooooo.....is this ever gonna be mentioned in the comic? Or are the people who read this thread gonna be the only ones who know???
The Red Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby John Flaherty on Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:36 pm

On 2002-03-31 15:26, The Red Hawk wrote:
Sooooo.....is this ever gonna be mentioned in the comic? Or are the people who read this thread gonna be the only ones who know???

Don't spoil our fun! It makes us feel special!
John Flaherty
Regular Poster

Postby Zina on Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:36 pm

It's not important now. Many things rarly are. It will never become important. Where it happened is not as important as what happened there.
<A HREF="http://zina.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Element's Song</A> -It's neat. And everyone likes neat things.
<A HREF="http://clad.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Cute Li'l Anti-Christ Daiji</A> -cute anti-Christ fun!
Zina
Regular Poster

Postby TOS on Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:39 pm

On 2002-03-31 16:36, Zina wrote:
It's not important now. Many things rarly are. It will never become important. Where it happened is not as important as what happened there.

Why did it involve some kind of yaoi scene or something? :grin:
TOS
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:41 pm

TOS wrote:

But... but... but that would be between Ryner and Ronnie! Would that be yaoi or just midget sex? That's just not right.

Oh don't give me the :evil: about Ryner not being Brazilian, I know portuguese is the main language of the country since I've met many from your native land, John. I was just pointing out the fact that Ryner said "Max es un idiota" instead of "Max
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Red Hawk on Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:08 pm

AHHH! The mental images! Why must they keep haunting me?!?!?!?! YAAAAA!

Anyway, you have a point. There are many people in Brazil that DO speak spanish, it's just not the main language.
The Red Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby Q_Dog on Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:44 am

This may be seen as needless pontification, but for the edification of my peers (or perhaps my own correction by a native speaker)...

I thought something seemed odd about the phrase "Max es un idiota." And there is. Idiota is a medical term in most contexts, though there are some idiomatic exceptions (at least this is the case according to my English-Spanish dictionary). So while it would literally translate "Max is an idiot" if one considers the cultural meaning it's more like Rayner (sp?) is calmly stating in a declarative manner "Max is mentally handicapped."
Q_Dog

Postby John Flaherty on Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:25 am

Maybe in Spanish, but here in Brazil, 'idiota' has the same meaning as 'idiot'. And the same goes for 'stupid' there. Here is 'est
John Flaherty
Regular Poster

Postby Zina on Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:00 am

On 2002-03-31 21:41, Andrick wrote:
TOS wrote:

But... but... but that would be between Ryner and Ronnie! Would that be yaoi or just midget sex? That's just not right.

No, Ryner met Ronnie later on in Bolivia. what i'm talking about happened whilst he was in Chile.
Ronnie is really only about 4-5 years younger'n Ryner...but you're right. It would be...weird. o.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zina on 2002-04-01 11:01 ]</font>
Zina
Regular Poster

Postby Quewerty on Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:31 am

Quite...
Quewerty
Regular Poster

Postby Darthen Wulf on Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:16 am

Ooookaaaaaay... Ryner, Ronnie... Except the fact that Ryner could hug Ronnie like a giant teddy bear, I can't see anything else... Maybe I've not an enough perverse mind... Like some others... [Follow my gaze...]

For the term 'Idiota': Whatever the meaning you grant to this word, I think that the fun still works -- 'Mentally handicaped' or just 'Plain stupid', both ways are funny... I think...
"I'll be your sexual freeeeak!!!"
--George Michael, 'Freeek'
Darthen Wulf
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:25 am

What are you looking at me for? TOS was the one that brought this up. Blame that individual, not me!
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elemental on Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:56 am

Hey, bucko... that gaze is obviously leveled at ~me~!

Postby Darthen Wulf on Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:09 pm

[*Laugh*]

I didn't think that so much people will feel concerned about that gaze. At least, it shows us that you two have perverted minds...
Darthen Wulf
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Element's Song