Sad as it is...

Sad as it is...

Postby Justinpie on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:08 am

...I think more people across the world know about Link than Legolas.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Dalhar on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:33 am

Or Legoland, for that sake?

It's not too nerdy if you can laugh at it, I guess.
What about "repressed"? Or people needing to place their insecurities on others?
Naah. Funny.
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:36 am

I dunno, that's a tough call. I would have definitely agreed before the LOTR movie came out last year, but it was so phenomenally popular, even with the segment of the population that'd rather commit hara kiri than pick up a book. And I think I've yet to meet someone inclined towards men who didn't have a particular appreciation for movie Legolas.
But basically, I explained who Link was and not Legolas in the newsbox because Legolas gets called by name in the comic. And I thought my drawing of him turned out a bit nicer.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby KathleenJ on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:38 am

Weird, Dahlar's post didn't show up until mine was already entered. I don't know if it was a simultaneous time thing, or just more of the board being wacky.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dalhar on Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:07 am

kathleenJ wrote:Weird, Dahlar's post didn't show up until mine was already entered. I don't know if it was a simultaneous time thing, or just more of the board being wacky.

It happens now and then. Been like that for a long while.
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:04 am

My roommate told me today she wanted to post a topic on here to the effect of "Ha, you said the word "spackle" in your newsbox", but the board wouldn't work.
Lousy board!
Were any of you around here when we had that uglier dark blue and grey board with the big font? I think it was phpbb 1, not 2. Anyway, that board wasn't pretty, but it worked, rain or shine.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Return to Coolville