Out of town...

Out of town...

Postby KathleenJ on Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:53 pm

I'll be out of town, and unavailable until Wednesday. This came up kind of unexpectedly, and I leave tonight. I need to find an apartment, because, as you may already know, my previous deal I had lined up fell all to crap.
What does this mean for you? Well, Wednesday's comic won't be up until at least Thursday. Sucks, I know...
I swear, I really tried to get two done beforehand. But then, y'know, it didn't happen.
This has been the craziest week ever. I worked like six days out of seven, and every little thing kept going wrong. It was like some kind of dramatization of Murphy's Law.
...In other Going Out Of Town news, in about two weeks I'll be spending a week in the good old U.S. of A. But comics should still be up as usual during that.
So yeah, I'll be back late Wednesday. I'll miss you all til then, my forum posse!
Edit: Crap! I want to reply to more topics here before I go, but I have very little time left to pack!
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:06 am

KILLROY! hee! Thanks, Kath!

like, thanks when you get back and can read this. I mean. IN 3-4 DAYS.
*twitch/convulse*
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Kalmazoo702 on Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:05 pm

Two days, now. In the mean time, http://www.digitpress.com/dpsoundz/mid/pitfall2.mid the haunting strains of Pitfall 2, for the Atari 2600 and 5200!
Kalmazoo702
Regular Poster

Mwa ha ha!

Postby KathleenJ on Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:59 pm

I'm back early! Rejoice, everybody!
*sounds of crickets chirping*
Anyways, Wednesday's comic is all drawn and inked, and just needs to be scannified and colored and all that. I just don't have the energy in me right now, but I'll do it first thing tomorrow. Sorry!
On the plus side, I've got a really great apartment lined up!
And as for that Pitfall midi...you've stolen a minute of my life and I want it back!
oh, I'd only waste it anyway.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kalmazoo702 on Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:04 am

Pitfall 2.
Kalmazoo702
Regular Poster

You're back!

Postby Balloonfrogspider on Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:45 am

I'm so happy you're back. I was getting tired of someone whining "oh kat is gone. The only one who love me is Spiderman, and he only ever takes me bowling."

Blah.
"When life gives you a lemon sell that baby on eBay. Those people will buy anything."
<A HREF="http://spiderfrogballoon.keenspace.com">It's like a kick in the groin, but in that sexy way.</A>
Balloonfrogspider
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:51 am

Dude, I bet Spider-man would rule at bowling. But you wouldn't wanna use the same ball after him, cause it'd be all web-gunky.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Balloonfrogspider on Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:31 am

That's right!
He could web the ball back from the gutter evertime!
"When life gives you a lemon sell that baby on eBay. Those people will buy anything."
<A HREF="http://spiderfrogballoon.keenspace.com">It's like a kick in the groin, but in that sexy way.</A>
Balloonfrogspider
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:38 pm

Heh, but then he'd get in trouble from the bowling alley personnel that stand behind the snack bar watching like hawks to make sure you don't commit greivous bowling sins like stepping on the nice wood floor in your street shoes.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Balloonfrogspider on Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:29 am

It's hard for those people to see your sins with WEBBING IN THEIR EYES!
Ha!

Also I saw a billboard with a slogan that you should use LOTS to piss off Justin-"Come taste the best Canada has to offer"
Balloonfrogspider
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:13 am

You big blockhead, Charlie Brown!
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:59 am

Ha!
Canadialicious!
Also, check this out...thanks to this magical thing called the internet, you Americans can order products available Only In Canada!
http://www.only-in-canada.com/
I'm not sure about this site, but there was another Canadian Products site that I can't seem to find now that was extremely deceptive. Like, it listed hundreds of things it claimed were unavailable outside of Canada, but some of them were actually American stuff that you can get everywhere.
What evil purpouse could be behind this scheme?
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Only In Canada

Postby Al_fayyed on Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:42 pm

About that site...

Well, we need doctors to prescribe Claritin in the US, but like Mexico, Canada seems to be the place to go for cheap self-medication.

It scares me, though, that the Only In Canada people have this as their best-selling product:
http://www.only-in-canada.com/sponge.html

I don't think I can talk about this in any more detail on the Keenspace forum, but I wonder who these people are that they order contraceptives from Canada.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:50 pm

I could be wrong, But there are no companies manufacturing contraceptive sponges in the US (I live In Canada, so I'm not sure). Whereas in Canada, there is a company.

I guess It has to do with birth control preference/loyalty.

The thing that disturbed me about this site is you can get the "Original, Unaltered" Preparation-H tube. Man, talk about product loyalty.
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:28 am

DonutMonkey wrote:I could be wrong, But there are no companies manufacturing contraceptive sponges in the US (I live In Canada, so I'm not sure). Whereas in Canada, there is a company.

That makes sense as far as the "spongeworthy" Seinfeld episode, then.

I wonder if those are sponges in her bag. Or if she's anxiously waiting for Shane to return from the sponge mines. Or anything that would actually tie this graphic with contraceptive sponges.

Incidentally, I think Preparation H can be purchased absolutely anywhere in the US, even from wandering minstrels.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:03 pm

justinpie wrote:That makes sense as far as the "spongeworthy" Seinfeld episode, then.

Dah, I was just about to mention that! I assume it just didn't go off the market here like it apparently did there.
As for the graphic...besides its total non-relation to the product, I have to ask what they were going for with the costume. That frock she's wearing makes it look like she comes from a long-ago era, when the newest scientific method of contraception was a doily.
Also,
http://www.only-in-canada.com/gourmet_candy.html
If I knew where to find it, Justin, I'd be bringing you a bag of Moose Droppings candy.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dalhar on Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:25 am

Heh.
My candidate for world domination goes to the Stratos chocolate.
A not too sweet milk chocolate with a distinct aroma of cocoa.
(And, oh, swiss chocolate is overrated.)

Second place goes to the cod caviar spread.
In the league of peanut butter and cheese, it's not exclusive in any manner. That's may be why it's ignored internationally, despite being quite tasty. "Caviar" reads "exlusive" to most, so it stays a scandinavian speciality.
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:35 am

that looks good, Dalhar. Is it a crunchy kind of bar, or the sort with compressed airbubbles in it?

Kath, what I'd REALLY like is an Aero bar, but I doubt after the trip it would be be bubbly good. Then you can try the Charleston Chew.
Also, I should have you try caviar since, as fish eggs, it technically fits within your vegetarian guidelines. Too bad it's like 30 bucks for a Fancy Feast-sized can (that's why we don't eat so much of it, Dalhar.)
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:03 am

I think I could figure out how to bring an Aero without it getting discombobulated...do you want regular, or minty?
And that Stratos bar does look really good. Is it just in Europe?
As for caviar...I had to look up how it was made to decide if it was veggiefriendly or not. (My mind was saying "no!" even if it was equivalent to chicken eggs). Turns out it's a negatory...they kill the fish to get the eggage out.
And anyway, the best spread ever is Nutella.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:27 am

Agreed! Though like, you feel like you need a fancier bread for nutella - can't just spread it on Wonder Bread or something.

Minty.

And you don't have to twist my arm to not buy caviar. I'm sure there's some cool other food you'd like here.

Anybody have some suggestions for Kathleen to try in America?
Food, candy, etc? Even if you think Canada has them too, it can't hurt to suggest!
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Coolville