Another Sims Preview!

Another Sims Preview!

Postby KathleenJ on Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:00 am

Pajamas, kinda! Gotta love the wings.
I think I'll have both Denny and Dylan available with either this longish hair, or relatively short Sim-standard hair.
Also, I know Denny should be way paler, but altering the standard skin tone makes it all mismatchy for a character to be able to wear the clothes of your choice.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dalhar on Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:39 am

Quite nice, actually.

Looks like one of these magazine clipout people images. (Never played hte sims.)

One question: Why is Denny that pale? He isn't inside all that much. is he? I can understand his skinnyness, he's thinks of everybody but himself, but why so pale?
Albino? No..
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Pale

Postby Al_fayyed on Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:41 am

As far as I can tell, it would more accurate to describe Denny as "wan."

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:42 pm

As for why Denny's pale...I think it's a combination of a genetic predisposition towards pale skin, plus being kind of depressive and not spending a lot of time outdoors.
Dictionary defines "wan" as 1 : suggestive of poor health : SICKLY, PALLID b : lacking vitality : FEEBLE
Indeed. That mostly covers it.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:46 pm

I think he's a vampire!

If Raine went into a tanning booth, would Denny get tan?
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Kalmazoo702 on Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:18 pm

Perhaps that is the answer. Since Raine is an introverted, depressing young man who keeps to himself, basking in the rays of his monitor, living a pointless existence in the dark, he hasn't aquired any sort of tan. Due to the unexplained twin bond between him and Denny, the latter keeps the tan of his twin.

Or maybe vampires. Or possibly.... ALBONISM.

But then again, does it really matter?
Kalmazoo702
Regular Poster

Vampires, Albinos, and Denny

Postby Al_fayyed on Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:40 pm

You know, the first time I saw the word "wan," it was describing poor old Lucy in Dracula. Remember Lucy? She was going to marry Lord Godalming, or maybe Quincy Morris (I read it a long time ago), but then Dracula bit her and she got all wan, sleptwalked even more, and finally kicked the bucket. Then she started coming out of her crypt at night and biting children. They finally managed to stake the crap out of her, but I remember it being kind of tough. I don't think they used a shovel, although I would have brought at least one heavy, sharp-enough-to-behead spades around in case of vampiric emergency.

We'll leave the Kris and Dylan vampire-hunting spinoff to the artist, though. How does one hunt the undead in Canada? Here in the United States, we merely acquire enough weapons to play real-life House of the Dead as if we had sacks of quarters, ensuring that the undead are pulpy enough to drag into the sunlight without resistance. John Carpenter's Vampires, although a really horrible movie (I saw it for free and felt cheated), was a good example of this practice. Canada has much stricter gun control, though, which is good for keeping people who merely think that vampires are everywhere from pulping people at random, but doesn't it also limit the undead-hunting field to martial arts experts with several pounds of sharpened wood at the ready?

As for Denny being an albino, I thought they had red eyes. He'd look like sort of a bizarre bunny-man.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:04 pm

No matter how you slice it, the past-tense form of "sleepwalk" is kind of unnerving. It's like one of those words that makes a dog tilt its head at you quizzically.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Albino Vampire Huntin'

Postby KathleenJ on Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:14 pm

Since Raine is an introverted, depressing young man who keeps to himself, basking in the rays of his monitor, living a pointless existence in the dark, he hasn't aquired any sort of tan.

I think that the translucent shade of pale that Denny and Raine and I am should be called a "monitor tan", or something.
Sidebar! Once, upon examining mr. Kalmazoo, a doctor asked if there was a history of albinism in the family! Which there is not.
How does one hunt the undead in Canada?

Well, here in the winter we're pretty much screwed, vampire wise! In the worst of December, the sun can rise in the mid morning, and set at like 3 in the afternoon! But on the plus side, I used to have the ultimate weapon against vampires in my fridge...this garlic seasoning stuff that came in a SPRAY BOTTLE! You could shoot a jet of concentrated liquid garlic several feet, and I picture it working against vampires like mosquito repellent. And I now have a major urge to draw "Kris and Dylan: Vampire Hunters". (and I already drew Denny as a bizarre bunny-man, remember? :D )
Oh, and as for Carpenter's vampires...I had much the same reaction, although the combustion in the sunlight was cool. Funny thing is, the thing I remember most is this tune that kept repeating FOREVER in the background, that was like three repeated notes. dunnn dunnn dunn....
justinpie wrote:No matter how you slice it, the past-tense form of "sleepwalk" is kind of unnerving. It's like one of those words that makes a dog tilt its head at you quizzically.

Oh my god, you're right. :o That's going to bother me for a while
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheFish on Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:32 am

Your Sims project is the only reason I even still have the game love...
TheFish
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:27 pm

Wow...
I should really get to work and finish that project, eh?
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheFish on Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:19 am

*laughs* no rush.
TheFish
Regular Poster

Return to Coolville