Strip Comment:

Strip Comment:

Postby ConcordR on Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:46 pm

Mailbox bomber?! hehehe! ok it may jus be me, but that sounds kinda fun!
i wish to know more of this game!:) :D
ConcordR
Regular Poster

heh heh...

Postby KathleenJ on Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:58 pm

In the first pencilling of the comic, the game was called "Unabomber"!
But I changed it when I inked it.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Bombermen

Postby Al_fayyed on Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:22 pm

Back in the day, I remember playing a text "global thermonuclear war" game which entailed trying to destroy as much as the opposing superpower's population as possible while avoiding the much-vaunted Mutually Assured Destruction.

Recently, a PC game called "Superpower" was released that allows you to do many of the same things, but I hear it crashes a lot. It's no "mailbox bomber," anyway.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:35 pm

And then there's the sadistic freaks like me, who as children designed entire metropolises in SimCity for the sole purpose of setting natural disasters on them.
But on the flip side of that, I can't bear to do evil to Sims, although a lot of people seem to revel in it.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

teehee

Postby ConcordR on Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:15 am

i loved doing that in simcity !! hehe it's the best!
ConcordR
Regular Poster

Postby JPSloan on Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:58 am

The most evil thing I've ever seen someone do to a Sim is to wall one in the backyard with hedges. The poor thing took three days of peeing herself, crying, and going insane before she died.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Sim Sadism

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:20 am

I've seen people do some evil stuff to them...trapping them and letting them starve, drowning them, burning them like a pyromaniac...
I also understand it's possible for them to get electrocuted, although I've never seen it. Also spontaneous combustion.
But I don't know, I just can't do it!
I'm a vegetarian!
It just seems sadistic to me, to take pleasure in killing these helpless little Sim people that you have godlike powers over. I know they're just pixels on the screen, but it's the idea of it, not the actual act. You just KNOW there's someone out there, like my JPD, who's playing with Sims and is thinking "I wish I could trap a REAL girl in my house and watch her suffer".
But, mind you, I don't think that should not be in the game or anything. It's a really good part of the simulation that it's possible for them to die, and it's not just a stupid happy little utopia, like Sim Town. And the thing that, in my mind, makes The Sims an UBER-great game is that it's totally open to whatever you want to do. Even if you want to do evil.
Wow, I wrote a lot on this!
(Matthew, don't think I've forgotten your killing of Avocado Man and his apartment building :x )
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:05 pm

I like to have my Sims go swimming, then delete the exit, and watch him drown (eventually)!
They can still crawl out! It's not my fault all my Sims are stupid! But like, only fictional characters and celebs. If I had a Sim of a real person (like a friend or relative) I couldn't do it.

Anybody ever try the Sim Crack or poisoned chips? Those are cool ways to kill your Sims.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:54 pm

Evil, evil, evil! FOR SHAME!
Hee hee. Hey, and I highly reccomend checking out the Sim objects that Justin's made! They're different, and super fun. One of them is the One Ring from the Lord of the Rings, and it'll fill up your Sim's stats, but make them all mean and evil! But my favorite is the "secret passage" door that looks like a bookcase.
Lemme find the link. Ah, here it is.
As for my Coolville sims project...some progress, but slow. I've been busy with other things. But I think I'll start a new thread to show a couple pictures of some new things I've made!
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Return to Coolville