Goofy questionnaire

Postby JPSloan on Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:25 am

In the spirit of the forum game, I thought I'd post up one of these Cosmo-type questionnaires. Everyone chip in... you know you want to!

1. If you went camping, would you rather sleep in a tent or a cabin?

2. If you had to be hospitalized for something, what would it be?

3. If you could publically humiliate your worst enemy with impunity, how would you do it?

4. What's the most embarrassing thing you would do on national television for a million bucks/pounds/euros/yen, etc.?

5. What's your worst fear?

6. What's your ultimate dream job?

7. If you could choose the way you died, how would it happen?

8. If you could choose your parents for your next life, who/where would they be?

9. If you could suspend your current attachments and moral convictions, and spend a romantic weekend with the celebrity of your choice, who would it be, and where would you go?

10. If you could be any god, who would you be?
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:28 am

Tent.

Chocoholism.

3. If you could publically humiliate your worst enemy with impunity, how would you do it?

Pants = off.

4. What's the most embarrassing thing you would do on national television for a million bucks/pounds/euros/yen, etc.?

See #3.

Being alone forever.

Comic book writer/artist.

Spontaneous combustion.

8. If you could choose your parents for your next life, who/where would they be?

Dirty Hippies.

9. If you could suspend your current attachments and moral convictions, and spend a romantic weekend with the celebrity of your choice, who would it be, and where would you go?

Heh, she probably wouldn't be a celebrity, not in the "multiplatinum rockstar" sense anyway.

Hermes. Or Mercury, depending on who's keeping score.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:26 am

Ooh, I like questionnaires. Okay, here goes...
1. Cabin! I'm not very outdoorsy.
2. A broken leg, so I could amuse myself by drawing on the cast.
3. Stealing their pants, painting their ass green, and making them march in a St. Patrick's day parade. And why not?
4. I'd be a pretty lame contestant on one of those shows like Fear Factor...because I wouldn't do any public nudity, and I wouldn't do any of the stuff involving animals, like eating bugs or eyes or whatnot, because of my whole vegetarian thing. So I'll take my pride...no million for me. (but if I had a choice of the currency I get a million of, I think pounds would be the best call)
5. Honestly...probably losing the people that I love, or dying all alone and unloved :sad:. But if we're talking about phobias: SNAKES! Oh god, I can't even watch them on TV without freaking out. I once couldn't sleep for an entire night because there was this demon-controlled snake on the X-files that like ate a guy.
6. Need I say? Professional cartoonist.
7. Peacefully in my sleep, after living a long life full of love. Dammit, that's so boring and serious!!! I wanna just write something crazy, like "death by testing out my new fireworks-powered, monkey driven flying car".
8. This sounds cheesy, but I don't think I could improve on the parents I have.
9. Hmm, I'm not sure who counts as a celebrity...(and this might sound like bull, but I seriously don't have anything special for hollywood/rockstar celebrities...I mean I SO used to, but...meh) But I'll pick the place...a chateau out in the mountains, with a fireplace and wild animals like deer outside, and, even though it's the wrong part of the world, a view of that gorgeous huuuge waterfall in Venezuela. With a rainbow above it. Okay, that's what I want instead of the cabin in the first question.
But that's enough out of me.
10. Being the almighty omnipotent God has potential...although that'd also involve all kinds of responsibility for people and their souls and whatnot. Too much work. Out of the classical gods, I think I'd want to be Athena. She's not perfect, but I'd say she's the strongest and most independent female deity. She's the goddess of wisdom, but she's also got like battle armor and asskicking ability.
Okay, I'm done. Boy howdy, I think I wrote too much.
Eh.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby KathleenJ on Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:28 am

Hey! Justin, you must have posted yours while I was writing mine, cause I didn't see it before!
Heh...among other things, both our public humiliations indepedently involved the removal of pants.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby JPSloan on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:18 am

Guess I ought to answer my own questionnaire, eh?

Tent... but only if there's someone in the tent I wouldn't mind cuddling with.

One of those super-secret CIA facelift identity change things.

Hire someone to seduce him, while secretly videotaping him. Have her wait until the kit's off, then laugh hysterically while berating his manhood. Then circulate the videotape.

I'd have a harder time doing something gross, illegal, or dangerous... but as long as it's just embarrassing to myself, then I'd do it. Specifically, I'd do nudity, or those Jackass tv show type stunts. I'd probably do sexually humiliating things, too... because dude! One million. Oh, and pounds would translate to more dollars.

Being responsible for someone's death.

Hollywood screenwriter.

Saving someone's life.

Wealthy pagans in Europe. And I'd like them to be culturally mixed, so I'd be reared as bilingual.

Joely Richardson on a Greek Isle wearing only a sheer toga-like outfit. I see honey and dates and large clear-blue pools being involved as well. Mmmm... happy place.

My patron, Bacchus.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:46 am

On 2002-04-17 09:28, kathleenJ wrote:
Hey! Justin, you must have posted yours while I was writing mine, cause I didn't see it before!
Heh...among other things, both our public humiliations indepedently involved the removal of pants.

Our fears are the same too (both of 'em - I hate snakes, too.) My backup death scene was "Voltron transformation mishap," which is pretty close to yours too. Hee!

Athena is considered the mannish goddess. *runs!*
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby JPSloan on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:55 am

She's also the virgin.

Not that there's anything wrong with virgins...
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:20 pm

Exactly! Who ELSE is gonna get sacrificed to the Volcano god?
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Umbrav on Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:07 am

Ohh! QUIZZIE! MY turn!

Cabin, I hate the cold and tents are cold.

Plastic surgry or Lypo suction. (hell I need it)

Dump a ton load of shit on them!

Anything

Gettin Pregnant

Sky Diver WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Killing Britany Spears. If I'm goin to hell I draggin her sorry ass with me!

I wouldn't have parents, I'm goiner grow from a crystal!

Hmm I don't really know! At the moment it would have to be Shakira and we'd go to Verona in Italy. I love it there *sigh*

The God of Rather small Lizards. Go my pretties KILL KILL!!
Umbrav
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:55 am

*cracks up about the God of Rather Small Lizards thing*...hee hee!
[worry mode]But please, you don't need plastic surgery! Nobody does, unless it's reconstructive, like if you were in a war and you got shot in the face. It's hella dangerous, and it makes me sad that people do it.[/worry mode]
Anyways, guys, as far as my god choice goes, I'll take my manly virgin!
Look at the other options in the pantheon!
*Aphrodite/Venus, who's just a total slut
*Hera/Juno, who's kinda powerful but stuck in a shitty marriage to Zeus, who'll literally hump anything that walks
*Artemis/Diana, who's a hunter (vegetarian conflict!)
*Demeter/Ceres, who is kind of boring and agricultural
...and more. Athena's good.
Ooh, and since it's partially related, I have to throw in my absolute favorite piece of trivia EVER. Hermes and Aphrodite had a kid named Hermaphroditus, who was both male and female, and that's where the word 'hermaphrodite' comes from! Whee! So cool...
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:53 am

Heehee I wrote a story once where there was this Amy girl who had Venus' powers and worked at a video dating service, and she fell in love with "Hermes", who actually never held up a job more than a month because he got too bored with them or would finish contract jobs too fast and efficiently. I was going to have them have a hermaphoditic baby, but then Neil Gaiman's American Gods book came out and I stopped writing because I thought they'd be too similar.

Anyway, a few of my fave characters from that series of short stories I'm putting in Killroy and Tina just because they're so damned cool (like Gaea, the Furies and Athena) but they're not going to come about very soon. The Furies will be pretty soon though, I spose. The Furies are the coolest thing to ever come out of Greek mythology, btw. I just love everything about them.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:01 am

The Furies rock, as do, to a lesser extent, the Fates.
Thumbs up...sounds like a cool story!
I love SO many things in Greek mythology, and one day I will do a comic series where I get to use some of them.
edit: typo!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kathleenJ on 2002-04-18 09:01 ]</font>
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby JPSloan on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:02 am

I went on a date with a girl last night who worships the Furies as her goddess matron.

wow.

Oh, KJ? Demeter/Ceres is anything but boring... in my personal encounters with her, she's every bit the engaging entity. Let's not forget the fact that she almost destroyed Earth when Persephone was lost in Hades.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:06 am

Was she actually lost, or trapped?

Heehee, looks like this thread has already succumbed to the Coolville curse of Not-Even-Remotely-Resembling-What-It-Started-Out-As :grin:

[edit] why can't you use them now, Kat? Maybe Circe can bewitch Rufus into untangling that fence from the car. Or turn him into a goat so he can just eat the fence. Either way, problem solved!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: justinpie on 2002-04-18 09:09 ]</font>
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:07 am

Okay, somehow forgot about the whole Persephone and Hades thing...I take that one back.
But she's still not really a favorite.
Edit: Just gonna state, for the record, that I've never had any personal encounter/affiliation/belief with any of these deities. I just kinda really like the whole classical myth thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kathleenJ on 2002-04-18 09:12 ]</font>
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:13 am

On 2002-04-18 09:06, justinpie wrote:
Heehee, looks like this thread has already succumbed to the Coolville curse of Not-Even-Remotely-Resembling-What-It-Started-Out-As :grin:
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: justinpie on 2002-04-18 09:09 ]</font>

And how!
...and yeah, that would be a solution...of sorts!
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheFish on Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:45 am

Depends on the atmosphere and all really...

Broken heart.

........ *shrugs*

Anything..... ANYTHING!

Being alone forever. (yup)

Lead singer of a hardcore band

falling out of a plane.

Ummmmm..... don't believe the reincarnation thing.

Avril Lavigne, in a nice cozzy little ski shack... Or perhaps Jessica Alba...

Only believe in one there bucko, and I can't compare myself with Him.
TheFish
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:42 am

Cool, I almost forgot about this! This was fun questionnaire.
For some reason, things like this are much more enjoyable on forums than they are to get in your email as a forward to eleventy hundred of someone's closest friends.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby *Kristan* on Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:10 am

Tent. But I'd rather have nothin, just under the stars.
Gettin hurt kickin someone's ass that totally deserved it. Oh wait, I did that!
Mwa ha ha...oooohh, so many ideas...lemme get back to this!
Anything at all! Not for the money, just for the hell of it, and to be on TV. ...heh, I wanna be on one of those shows where they get to eat bugs and eyes and stuff.
Gettin knocked up and being stuck in some stupid house with kids and some man and having a boring normal life.
Um um um....I wanna be the singer of an indie underground old school California-based punk band! No, wait, I wanna be a trained assassin! No, I wanna be a surfer! ...meh, I just wanna be me.
Combust into a fiery explosion. Oooh, could THAT be on national TV?
I'd be an orphan left at the side of the road.
Uhhh...we'd just get on a random bus and see where it went. Trips are boring if you plan everything.
Can I go back in time and take Kurt Cobain? Yeah, yeah, shut up, I don't care if that's a weird choice.
Hmmmmm...can I be the Furies?
Okay, I'm done. Anybody got any beer or anything?
*Kristan*

Postby Dalhar on Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:07 pm

Tent. Heck, I've even tented for a week at ~ minus 20 degrees celscius.
Ended up somewhat tough for me, but it's one of the most memorable
things I've ever done. :) Had to tie my shoelaces (bootlaces?) twice each morning. Once quite loose because they were frozen almost solid , second for real.

Brobably my back. Long and not that much workout. (Reminds me not to forget my swimming.) Boring, huh?

Already done that. The people I want to humiliate have mostly deserved it, and it's just to let people know. Being known for honesty and non-underhandedness has its plusses.

Eat live slugs and earthworms?

Being alone and unappreciated.

Computer education for grownups.

Something heroic. Like saving someones life.

Pretty much the same place, but with my parents quite a lot more upbeat, outgoing and socially competent. Got some loving and supportive parents, sure, but there's a lot more to life. Like grabbing hold of it.
(Now, *that* was underhanded.)

Not so much the celebrity. Being famous for having done something great, surely, but much more someone I could respect than even the tiniest part of "celebrity business".

God, of course! Why settle for anything less? ;)
Honestly though, being monotheistic, I'm pleased with just "part of".
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Return to Coolville