For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Avatar Drawings

Postby Laemkral on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Just so everyone knows, I am tracking that I am an idiot and am not in fact zapped into Lego form by the laser. Apparently I lack the mental capacity to make the connection between two panels with completely different hands unless I have at least a beer in me. The following is to make up for it.

Doc Legostar fiddled with his glasses, then fiddled with his hair. Then, reconsidering, removed his hair and went to the closet to pick out a different one. Ah yes, he thought to himself, the classic black would do quite nicely. His sudden return had caused his lackey, the poor, dimwitted and excitedly violent fool, to babble about becoming Legoified and insist over and over that while he was fond of yellow as an idea, he wasn't too keen on it as a lifestyle choice. "Yes, yes, well this town HAS forgotten quite a few things about my 'lifestyle', haven't they?" he chuckled menacingly to no one as he walked briskly to his work bench. As he sorted through various tools with all sorts of odds and ends that were in need of cleaning or oiling or sharpening and other upkeep, he tried at least three other evil laughs. Yes, the second one, definitely. It had an excellent balance between mad medical doctor and mad scientist doctor, with just a dash of just plain mad.

His feet clacked on the metal stepstool as he climbed to the examining table set into the back room of his former offices. Brightly lit lamps reflected off polished (and only slightly blood stained) metal mirrors to illuminate the body of the dead, sexy nun. He paused in that thought. She was dead sexy also, but the phrase "dead, dead sexy nun" just didn't seem to flow. He cackled madly and reached for his tray of tools. "NURSE!!!!" he bellowed, picking up something that resembled the bastard child of a screwdriver and a plaster trowel and examining it carefully. No, the amount of rust on it made it quite unusable. It needed at least another ten percent!! "NURSE!!!" he howled once more, looking around for his assistant.

"I'm right here, Doc," replied BrownEyedCat, remaining quite calm despite the madness. "You know, I haven't exactly finished nursing school, so I don't think it's really appropriate for you to go around calling me 'Nurse'." She shrugged to show her indifference, and also to give her an excuse to adjust the rather tight nurses outfit.

"That's alright, Nurse," cackled the yellow man, brandishing his favorite rotary jigsaw with built-in free-floating blade with maniacal glee, "I never let a little lack of schooling stop me...SO WHY SHOULD IT STOP ME??!?" Letting loose with his evil laugh, he launched into carving apart the woman and began to feverishly restitch, reglue, and reassemble her into something more.

BrownEyedCat mostly watched, since her last class had been on properly setting a cast, rather than say a study of advanced Frankensteinectomies.

Time passed, though not very much because the Doc was a dilligent worker, and soon SpacePrincess reopened her eyes. One may have been made of marble, and the other might have actually been a marble, but she could see again. Her fingers wiggled, and only one of them squeaked from a slightly rusted joint. Her wounds had been restitched, repaired, or outright replaced. He'd left her legs intact, if for no reason other than because they were so dead sexy. A thought slowly trickled into her mind, "I'm not dead anymore. Damn it, that sucks."

"IT IS ALIVE!!!" howled Legostar, throwing his hands into the air in a fit of passion. "I HAVE CREATED LIFE!!!" Then, he got rather bored and set about trying to add more gears and fancy mechanisms to the rifles and shotguns Laemkral had left laying about the office. His creation would need weapons, after all, if he was going to avenge his faithful (but rather dimwitted) lackey.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Ah, it's good to be back. :twisted:
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Laemkral on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:Ah, it's good to be back. :twisted:

You are my favorite CGer to write. Even when I was doing my sci-fi stories, yours had to be my favorite cameo to write.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Laemkral wrote:

You are my favorite CGer to write. Even when I was doing my sci-fi stories, yours had to be my favorite cameo to write.

That warms my heart.

Oh, no.. wait... just left it next to the radiator. Nevermind.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:
Laemkral wrote:

That warms my heart.

Oh, no.. wait... just left it next to the radiator. Nevermind.

Aww, doesn't it at least get close to the cockles?
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:50 pm

I try to keep things away from my cockles.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Ti-Phil on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:10 pm

The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Laemkral on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 am

Phil, that's awesome!!
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ti-Phil on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks! I admit, it took a while to draw that on GIMP.
The Volet

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Tim on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 pm

revival03.gif
revival03.gif (65.72 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby robotthepirate on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:23 am

I was going to draw this scene but it would have take me a lot longer so I thought I'd turn my hand to a bit of prose instead.

The small robot had quickly become separated from the crowd. Alone in a darkened alley he thought he might be safe from the spambots but he was wrong. They came from behind him at first, from the shadows that shouldn't have been big enough to conceal them they chanted their mantra: “Pills, pills, pills”. He ran for the exit but they were there too, these ones were selling sunglasses. Sunglasses at night!
“They're everywhere!” The robot cried out, “Someone help!”
It didn't seem like an answer would come, but it did. “No.”
The spambots parted to the side as a cloaked figure swept by, a cat in a hat: McDuffies.
“This is where you belong,” He said, towering over the robot, “This is what you are!”
The robot backed away screaming, “I'm not a spambot, I'm not!” but the Moderator just smirked.
“No?” He asked wistfully, “Then draw!”
On these last words he threw his finger pointedly at the robot like a scene from a cheesy courtroom show, he'd meant to inspire the robot to do great things but instead the robot panicked. A blinding light burst from the robot's eye, a beam of raw energy launched point-blank and an unsuspecting McDuffies.
It only took a second but when the laser stopped McDuffies had been thrown across the alleyway and was now staring (with difficulty) at the gaping hole in his chest. “I-I meant in the j-jam” He murmured before falling to the floor.
The spambots had scarpered with all the commotion and the robot was again alone, except for his guilt. “What have I done?” He said running over to the body, “What have I done?”
“Indeed,” said a familiar voice from behind, “What have you done?”
He turned round to see Maria and Michelle slowly walking towards him. No, that wasn't right. They were slowly slivering towards him. They were not as they were when he had last seen them in the bar.
No longer were they to separate people, they merged at the shoulder and then became closer till they formed just one waist. Each woman had their own head and chest but just one arm and instead of legs an enormous snakes tail erupted from their lower torso. They smiled sweetly, which was probably the most disconcerting of all.
“What will everyone say when they see what you've done.” Said one of them, maybe Maria “Do you think they'll want you around when they know you've killed their beloved moderator?”
“I- I didn't mean to do it” Stammered the robot
“No” Replied Maria “But you did.”
“What am I supposed to do?” asked the robot, on the verge of probably impossible tears.
Michelle smiled “Run away Simba... run away and never return.”
Maria's smile faded, “Wait, what?” She punched Michelle on the arm and whispered something inaudible down her ear, “Right.”
They turned back to the robot and in unison both said “Kiss of life!” before their upper bodies exploded in a shower of green goo.
As the goo cleared the robot, now deeply emotionally scarred, saw McDuffies standing over the severed tail of the Maria and Michelle monster, shotgun in hand. The robot glanced behind him but the body was still there and the new McDuffies casually walked over to it. Suddenly he pointed the gun at the shadows. “Dr Legostar! Get out here.”
A short, balding man made of lego stepped from the shadows with an evil grin across his face.
McDuffies scowled at him “Did you clone me and make a conjoined snake hybrid in order to scare this poor robot?”
“Yes” Dr Legostar admitted happily, rubbing his lego hands together.
“Good” said McDuffies “I was concerned for a moment then” and with that he walked off leaving Dr Legostar alone with the small robot who looked at the doctor and smiled.
“What?” Said Legostar suspiciously
“Oh, nothing” replied the robot with a glint in his eye, “I was just pondering your melting point.”
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby Laemkral on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:19 am

This kinda stalled out, but I'm gonna do a follow up to robot's post, continuing the Dr. Lego story arc. Other contributors are encouraged to return to their hardcore arting!
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 am

I have a plan for a quick comic I want to try. Hopefully will be able to get it done soon.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Derek Dragomir on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 am

So, is this where the jam is happenin'?
Image Image
PKMN White: 4470 0543 5339
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby Ti-Phil on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:03 am

I will try to draw the fight scene...once I have more free time (the joy of having lots of work).

Edit : Fight scene done :

The Volet

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Jops on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Derek Dragomir wrote:So, is this where the jam is happenin'?

Yup!

Man, I just wish i had the time to contribute to this one, even had an idea to explain why me, SergeXIII and Spaceprincess have suddenly started hunting down Lostmind.
Jops

Image Image
Jops
Cartoon Hero

Postby Derek Dragomir on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Jops wrote:
Derek Dragomir wrote:So, is this where the jam is happenin'?

Yup!

What's the basic idea of this jam?
Image Image
PKMN White: 4470 0543 5339
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm

ITS THE SPAM JAM

SPACE JAM MUSIC PLAYS FROM UNIDENTIFIED SOURCE
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

>_>

Postby Pimpette on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 pm

jam_avjam01.jpg
jam_avjam01.jpg (377.08 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I guess the spammers are still at it. No one wants this stupid fish oil, or phentermine or XXX shots of your third inbred cousin! Looks like Dragonkingdoms is going to have to join the fray to stop them!

SpamJam01.jpg
SPAM JAM!
(259.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion