For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: OT OH NOES

Postby Spaceprincess on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Cope wrote:
....I like the way Maria and Michelle are joined at the shoulder. XD

For some reason that's how I picture them.

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:OHHHHHHHH I'TS SO PRETTYYYYYYYY

:)

I tried to included as many people as I could but it doesn't seem like that many.
Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

Re: Avatar Drawings

Postby Ti-Phil on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:15 am

At least, he'll look good while kicking spambots.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Laemkral on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 am

I can't contribute with drawings (because they would be stick figures) and I don't have time to do photos and relearn all the photo-comicy stuff I used to know, so I'm gonna do like I did with the Noir Jam and write an entry.

The wind whistled down the empty dirt street of General Discussion Junction, the last little spot of Comic Genesis to have any life left to it. Life. The man laughed to himself at the word as he reclined in his chair. If you could even call what this town had left in it life. The wood creaked from the bar next door, Cortland's little saloon that he kept running when he could for those few souls still trying to keep the town alive, the jingle jangle of spurs telling the man that the McDuffies crew were on the prowl. A clock chimed the hour. You could cut the tension with a knife, and if anyone could do it then it would have been ol' Doc Lego, but he hadn't shown his face around the town for quite a spell. The man pondered that, rolling the toothpick back and forth between his lips as the door creaked open and the cold, dusty night ushered in a guest.

McDuffies, the big cat himself, and wearing a fancy new tie. The naked ladies and misbegotten acts of naughtiness stitched into the silk made for a pretty picture, as the censor bar hanging hazily in front of it didn't do a damn for the man in the chair. The pistol he'd pulled out of caution did a thing or two for McDuffies, though, and the cat's six shooter was doing the same to him. "It's been a long time since you've shown your face, Laemkral. People wonder about you sometimes, wonder if you're even sticking around."

"I've been a man of mystery, I have, I reckon. Fought in the war, made a name in the jams of past, but I think my time's behind me. Ain't no future for me around these parts, I figure. I'm just another broken has-been, a man without a comic to call my own who should be on his way looking for greener pastures." For emphasis, he added a few clicks of his tongue, then holstered his pistol.

"You used to be a champion of these here forums, kid," drawled McDuffies, putting away his own gun, "And things are getting mighty grim. We need folks like you out there, doing stuff. Making things happen. Camwhoring. You used to be a camwhore, the king."

"Another life!" shouted Laemkral, narrowing his eyes and sitting up. "I used to be a lot of things. A college student! A man with roommates! A lackey to the Doc!" A forlorn look crossed his face as he continued, "But Doc's gone, and I don't think he's coming back. The House of Claude is gone, the House of Lego is in ruins, and most of the faces that built this town are now buried beneath it. I'm a man without a mission, and I can't draw myself let alone any others worth half a damn." His eyes blazed with passion as he looked back up. "I ain't leaving town, though. No sirree."

Spurs clinked as McDuff took a step towards the door, a hand upon the brass knob. "Been fighting lately. IV's gang was in town hasslin' a newbie into manlove. Cornpone got snatched up by some lunatic with a coffin and the firefight's been tearing up across three whole threads. The young-un's are restless, and trouble is a brewin'. A good old veteran like yourself could be worth more than half a damn out there." For a moment, the words hung in the air before settling like so much of the dust in the old laboratory of Doc Legostar. "It's been a long while since I've stolen anybody's panties, y'know. We all change. You best think about that."

With that, the door swung open and McDuffies disappeared into the night to fight the spammers, the blood splattered oak clicking shut behind him. Laemkral stood up and watched him leave, his trigger finger just a little itchy for the good old days. It was true, he thought. They'd all changed. The Doc was gone, and he had to pick a new side to stand for. He owed the newbies that much, he owed them what he'd gotten: a chance. A purpose in his stride, he walked to the splintered and weatherworn cabinet that held his few meager possessions, putting on his coat and picking up the military Winchester repeater inside. With a cock of the handle he spun on the door himself, kicked it open and strode out into the night. A firefight with coffins? Sounded promising.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ti-Phil on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Laem, while you may not draw, your writing skills are GOOD!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Terotrous on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:26 pm

They're regrouping! Hurry up and get dressed, McD!
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:01 am

*laugh* No fonts on this computer, scanner is almost dead, and all my inking pens are apparently dead... but none of that shall stop me!
Attachments
proze01.jpg
proze01.jpg (64.93 KiB) Viewed 804 times
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 am

Wow Phact signting!

Hey, you can't rush style!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

McDuffies wrote:Wow Phact signting!

Hey, you can't rush style!

*quickly hides*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby robotthepirate on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Am I being punched in that last comic?!
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby IVstudios on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Don't worry, Bob###s may look muscular, but his anatomy makes any sort of physical exertion practically impossible.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 pm

robotthepirate wrote:Am I being punched in that last comic?!

IVstudios wrote:Don't worry, Bob###s may look muscular, but his anatomy makes any sort of physical exertion practically impossible.

Yeah, it probably didn't hurt, probably felt more like someone laid a very floppy and antic eel on you and it just slathered and lsathered and flapped.

Muscles of the human body generally connect two things, like tendon-to-bone, but Bob#s only have one connection. It's just muscles springing forth from the body, aimlessly twitching, like the snakes of the head of Medusa.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Yeah, it probably didn't hurt, probably felt more like someone laid a very floppy and antic eel on you and it just slathered and lsathered and flapped.

not to mention us Metal people don't feel pain the way your fleshy types do... COLD HARD truths.
Phact0rri

Postby Jops on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 am

Bummer, i've some ideas to contribute to this, but no time to draw....
You guys are making me wish i was unemployed again.
Jops

Image Image
Jops
Cartoon Hero

I'm still behind you, Cope.

Postby Mo on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Heh. Man this almost makes me want to come out of retirement.

Ahh, good times!
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Risky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm sensing an increased likelihood of musical numbers. Not that it was particularly unlikely before.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby robotthepirate on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Phact0rri wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Yeah, it probably didn't hurt, probably felt more like someone laid a very floppy and antic eel on you and it just slathered and lsathered and flapped.

not to mention us Metal people don't feel pain the way your fleshy types do... COLD HARD truths.

But having a metal body doesn't stop the internal pain of rejection. Oh, wait... yeah it does.

Ooh, look. I jammed! Albeit briefly. Not idea why I wanted to colour it when I don't know what colours to use. 00:20, stressful day.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Jops wrote:Bummer, i've some ideas to contribute to this, but no time to draw....
You guys are making me wish i was unemployed again.

No doubt. I think there's a direct correlation between the world economy and how active Jams are. I know I was unemployed during the CG vs DD jam. I need to draw moar, now as I am as rusty as hell, but rumor has it Phact is trying to put together a new webcomic, and realizes just how much he desperately needs to sharpen the blade.

Risky wrote:I'm sensing an increased likelihood of musical numbers. Not that it was particularly unlikely before.

Flutes and Fiddles!
Phact0rri

Postby Mo on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Phact0rri wrote:Flutes and Fiddles!

I was more thinking of a sombrero and a banjo myself.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby robotthepirate on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Phact0rri wrote:I need to draw moar, now as I am as rusty as hell, but rumor has it Phact is trying to put together a new webcomic, and realizes just how much he desperately needs to sharpen the blade.

So you can point it at people and make them draw?
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 am

Mo wrote:
Phact0rri wrote:Flutes and Fiddles!

I was more thinking of a sombrero and a banjo myself.

Since when was a Sombrero a musical instrument? Ha ha. Banjo never felt western to me, more back hills with articulate feets!

robotthepirate wrote:
Phact0rri wrote:I need to draw moar, now as I am as rusty as hell, but rumor has it Phact is trying to put together a new webcomic, and realizes just how much he desperately needs to sharpen the blade.

So you can point it at people and make them draw?

No I am not Jim Davis *lol*
Phact0rri

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion