Page 2 of 2

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:58 am
by Laemkral
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Warren wrote:Why don't we just make a cartoon about a dog with a bunch of losers in a van? They could solve mysteries.

No way. Too much of a niche audience. It'll never make it big.


I met the guy who did the design for Scooby Doo. Iwao Takamoto. His wife was a family friend of my dad. Turns out the way they designed Scooby was to look at all the characteristics of a "quality" great dane...and give him the opposites. Hence the floppy ears, sagging back, etc.

True story.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
Laemkral wrote:I met the guy who did the design for Scooby Doo. Iwao Takamoto. His wife was a family friend of my dad. Turns out the way they designed Scooby was to look at all the characteristics of a "quality" great dane...and give him the opposites. Hence the floppy ears, sagging back, etc.

True story.

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see some creativity when it comes to choosing animal characters- I've noticed that so often creators pick an animal and let the breed determine the whole personality. Which is I guess still an interesting concept, but it's nice to see it subverted from time to time.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:07 pm
by McDuffies
Warren wrote:Why don't we just make a cartoon about a dog with a bunch of losers in a van? They could solve mysteries.

I have a better idea: a cartoon about a dog with a bunch of losers in a van who are trying to find a nickel they lost! In a post-seinfeld climate, that would be very attractive preposition.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:20 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
McDuffies wrote:
Warren wrote:Why don't we just make a cartoon about a dog with a bunch of losers in a van? They could solve mysteries.

I have a better idea: a cartoon about a dog with a bunch of losers in a van who are trying to find a nickel they lost! In a post-seinfeld climate, that would be very attractive preposition.

a dog with a bunch of dogs in a dog shaped van who are trying to find a dog they dogged

and the guy that owns all of them sends them out to find clues so he can solve what they're trying to talk about

and he gets really excited when the mail gets delivered.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 pm
by McDuffies
a ___(noun)___ with a bunch of ___(noun)____ in a ____(noun)____ shaped van who are trying to find a ____(noun)____ they ____(verb)_____

and the guy that owns ____(noun)______ sends them out to find ____(noun)______ so he can ____(verb)____ what they're trying to _____(verb)______

and he gets really excited when the ____(noun)____ gets ____(verb)_____.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:37 pm
by Derek Dragomir
Warren wrote:Yeah, you're probably right.

Here's a picture I made today instead. My wife inspired it.
*chickens*

Cowboy chickens? Can we throw some alien pigs in there? It's a total original idea.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
I had to call a third party.

a vitamin with a bunch of wrist bands in a garlic shaped van who are trying to find a match they squatted

and the guy that owns computers sends them to find stethoscopes so he can kiss what they're trying to flick

and he gets really excited when the ear wax gets spied.


lol, ew

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:23 pm
by Yeahduff
There's a lizard in my kitchen.

Re: Put together an Animation Studio in India

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 am
by McDuffies
I never managed to make anyone name their comic that. :cry:

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:I had to call a third party.

a vitamin with a bunch of wrist bands in a garlic shaped van who are trying to find a match they squatted

and the guy that owns computers sends them to find stethoscopes so he can kiss what they're trying to flick

and he gets really excited when the ear wax gets spied.


lol, ew

Sounds promising.