OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Don't feel bad Rob, it was my decision as the pageant leading person and I should have adhered to my restrictions. This is why I'm usually not in charge of things, lol. The entries are there now, so I don't think it would be good for me to take them out again. I just didn't realize that adding more options would effectively restart the polls.

Yeah Yeahduff, probably wasn't the best action on my part. I just wanted as many participants as possible. (Although now I think the one for Ms CG is full anyway since you're only allowed ten options per poll) The rules are in place for a reason and I should have adhered to that. I'll keep that in mind for next year, if I wind up running this (or anything else) again.

Once again, sorry to all for the inconvenience, and sorry to Forsakenstars, I didn't mean to make you feel guilty! Like I said, it was my job as the runner-thing to be orderly and I didn't, so that's not on you at all. Please don't feel bad about this.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Yeahduff on Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

It's not that big a deal, just something to keep in mind for next time. This is just for fun anyway, and it's cool you put it together, because you didn't have to.

Don't feel bad about anything, Forsakenstars.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby Forsakenstars on Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Aw thanks, folks.

Although, I am Catholic, so it's in my nature to feel guilty at the drop of a hat, and I wish I was able to devote the time on this that it deserved. I'm spread pretty thin right now. So I'm just happy to be in such great company!

You guys have all done an outstanding job and I don't quite know who to vote for! And the ladies are sooo va-va-voom!
Starring The Vampire Azzi & Captain Sera Besh. Updates Mon and Thurs.
Forsakenstars
Regular Poster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 am

Forsakenstars wrote:Although, I am Catholic, so it's in my nature to feel guilty at the drop of a hat...

or a biscuit?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mVOw3A7t8
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Regular Poster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue May 31, 2011 1:49 am

To all those who feel disappointed by missing out on this contest, there are other opportunities to participate in the activity on this forum.

One such opportunity is the Webcomic Above You topic.

Please come and join the fun!

:oops:
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue May 31, 2011 7:08 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:webcomic above

I plan on participating as soon as my extra site links are functional :D
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Hey peter, the only problem is, and I didn't realize this until after I added in Roblopez's entry, is that whenever I add a new option to the voting threads it deletes all of the votes that were placed before then.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with you posting them in general, and they do make a nice addition for a gallery page or whatever you have on your site (and good filler if you have to miss an update of your actual comic). I just would hate to keep restarting the voting over and over. I'm sorry that you missed it! And Rob gets away with it only because I didn't know it would whoosh away the votes that were already cast :lol:

HA! Figures. I basically put everything else on hold this past weekend so I can focus on my entry, I finally finish everything and just before posting I see this. Together with spending most of yesterday afternoon clearing vegetation away from my central A/C tower (frying myself with sunburn in the process and a blister on my hand) and upon turning it on finding it doesn't work, this is the story of my freakin' life... *sign*

Ah, well. No worries. I want nothing but malice toward none, and charity for all. Thanks for the opportunity, VCC. In another world by another sun, in another place in time I'm enjoying the spotlight. I'll be putting my vote in directly.

Figure I'll prolly wait until the contest is over and release my entry in the Doodles thread along with all my other stuff collecting dust. Best of luck to the winner!
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

peterabnny wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Hey peter, the only problem is, and I didn't realize this until after I added in Roblopez's entry, is that whenever I add a new option to the voting threads it deletes all of the votes that were placed before then.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with you posting them in general, and they do make a nice addition for a gallery page or whatever you have on your site (and good filler if you have to miss an update of your actual comic). I just would hate to keep restarting the voting over and over. I'm sorry that you missed it! And Rob gets away with it only because I didn't know it would whoosh away the votes that were already cast :lol:

HA! Figures. I basically put everything else on hold this past weekend so I can focus on my entry, I finally finish everything and just before posting I see this. Together with spending most of yesterday afternoon clearing vegetation away from my central A/C tower (frying myself with sunburn in the process and a blister on my hand) and upon turning it on finding it doesn't work, this is the story of my freakin' life... *sign*

Ah, well. No worries. I want nothing but malice toward none, and charity for all. Thanks for the opportunity, VCC. In another world by another sun, in another place in time I'm enjoying the spotlight. I'll be putting my vote in directly.

Figure I'll prolly wait until the contest is over and release my entry in the Doodles thread along with all my other stuff collecting dust. Best of luck to the winner!

I'm going to make you and Roblopez some fanart for being good sports despite my poor leadership skills. Hopefully shall get it to you within the next few weeks :)
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:

Good 'cause right now it's just me and Serge

We've got so many new (and returned) faces around here, they should join in the fun of having the hard work torn to shreds thoroughly reviewed by their peers.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Regular Poster

Postby peterabnny on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:I'm going to make you and Roblopez some fanart for being good sports despite my poor leadership skills. Hopefully shall get it to you within the next few weeks :)

Yay! I'll take consolation prizes, too. Thanks so much! :)
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby Forsakenstars on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:01 am

REALLY? Aw, you is sweet, Cuddly.

I will check out other activity forthwith, too!
Starring The Vampire Azzi & Captain Sera Besh. Updates Mon and Thurs.
Forsakenstars
Regular Poster

Postby Terotrous on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 am

peterabnny wrote:

You might as well post it to this thread anyway, the point of the contest is really more to get people drawing and having fun than to determine who wins. It's not like the poll really means much.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:

Good 'cause right now it's just me and Serge

We've got so many new (and returned) faces around here, they should join in the fun of having the hard work torn to shreds thoroughly reviewed by their peers.

Guess I could do this. I'm always up for new and different ways for people to tell me my stuff is boring and uninteresting...

Terotrous wrote:You might as well post it to this thread anyway, the point of the contest is really more to get people drawing and having fun than to determine who wins. It's not like the poll really means much.

I guess I could. It all depends on what Cuddly thinks, since it's her contest. I don't want to step on any toes.

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby Yeahduff on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Don't see it being a problem.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am

peterabnny wrote:
Terotrous wrote:You might as well post it to this thread anyway, the point of the contest is really more to get people drawing and having fun than to determine who wins. It's not like the poll really means much.

I guess I could. It all depends on what Cuddly thinks, since it's her contest. I don't want to step on any toes.

It's fine with me! It's not really my contest anyway, I just happened to be the run oneing it this year :P
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:03 pm

peterabnny wrote:

It's fine with me! It's not really my contest anyway, I just happened to be the run oneing it this year :P

As soon as I'm able to post it, I will.

(See thread)

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Glad to hear it!

And I fully intend on doing fanart as soon as I can. However, first thing is I need to catch up with my missed updates of my own comic, and got to do two reviews in the W.A.Y. thread (and one is for Dutch, so it may take a wee bit longer to read :P ) so they won't be out anytime soon. Sorry for the delay, flapjacks.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Well, might as well release my failed attempt at the MMT contest, as suggested by Cuddly. Here's what I would have had, and if this little shindig goes down next year, should be right on time to enter! :shucks:

Frieda McVixen, in formalwear:

Frieda in swimwear:

And now, the interview portion of the contest:

What is your best talent?
“I know every pressure point on a male’s body that inflicts the most excruciating pain.”
That’s a talent???
“It is when some guy is pissing me off. When I inflict pain on a pig, it’s an ART-ful, dodger!”

What is the best present you ever received?
“I’d say it’s this little stone that my grandmother gave me in Ireland just before she died. It’s just a common rock, but it has these little Gaelic symbols carved into it she said *her* grandmother made in, like, the 1850s or somepin. The symbols are supposed to represent faith, strength and hope. It’s been passed down through my family woman to woman, and I think it’s supposed to be a little reminder to stay strong no matter how bad things get for you. Supposedly, my great-grandma made a few of these little stones as gifts to her daughters when they got married, but this is the only one that’s left, and it’s the original, first stone - made when she was separated from her husband and facing all these hardships as a result of the potato famine going on at the time. My grandma was an incredible woman, and I feel honored that she chose *me* to carry on the tradition. I keep it in a special place, and I always hold it and think of my great-great-grandmother when something bad happens.”

If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
“Hm… You know what would be really cool? I would get in the Bitchmobile [her car] and drive around looking for some guy assaulting his girl, an’ then I’d hit the lights and the horn and rev the engine and go all Christine on his ass! He’d never see me ‘cause I’d be invisible, right? All he’d see is this empty, pissed off demon-car! And then I’d get out of the car and start whaling away on him; I’d yell at ‘im, “Hey, why don’t you pick on someone your own size, ASSHOLE! How do you like gettin’ your ass beat by a woman, HUH?! HOW’S THIS ONE FEEL, BABY?! POW!!!” It’d be GREAT!!”

What’s one silly belief you had as a child?
“I used to be scared shitless of leprechauns. Hey, my family is Irish, alright? My parents - mostly my mom, since she’s mick - would say leprechauns would come and take us kids if we were bad. If you really want to eff up a kid’s childhood, threaten ‘em with leprechauns! Eyeah!

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:17 am

You could have waited a bit longer and save it for the next year.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby robotthepirate on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:10 am

McDuffies wrote:You could have waited a bit longer and save it for the next year.

That's my plan!

peterabnny wrote:What’s one silly belief you had as a child?
“I used to be scared shitless of leprechauns. Hey, my family is Irish, alright? My parents - mostly my mom, since she’s mick - would say leprechauns would come and take us kids if we were bad. If you really want to eff up a kid’s childhood, threaten ‘em with leprechauns! Eyeah!

My mum told me if I was naughty the Child Snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would come and take me away. I think what most freaked me out was that she said she'd call him to come and take me away.
Her mum told her if she was naughty the Rag and Bone Man would take her away. Which she claims is worse because he was a real person.
Anyway it seems to be tradition.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion