Livejournal Thread 4: Can't kill what's already dead inside

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Livejournal Thread 4: Can't kill what's already dead ins

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon May 23, 2011 7:27 pm

The hallway and my room smelt of stale human. I perchanced to spray some Febreze around and then when I got to my bed the containment part fell off of the nozzle and half of the bottle soaked into my comforter.

Of all the things that I could have spilt, there are many worse options. But it's going to smell so stronggggg
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jesusabdullah on Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Of all the things that I could have spilt, there are many worse options. But it's going to smell so stronggggg

AAAGH IT SMELLS SO FRESH T_T

I think I finally got my affairs in order with the school. Only a week left and a night of packing/cleaning, and I'm outta this town for good! EXCITING Also making good progress on my hacking project. I published a python module for the first time, that's pretty cool.

For some reason I still feel antsy though. :S
Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Mon May 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Holy shit. Mallorca. That should be enough said, but just in case here's a summary: beer, beaches, boobs and baking in the sun. Hell of a 4 day weekend.

I'll dig up some pictures over the next couple of days, and then resurrect the Alter Egos thread. Then, at the end of this week it'll be on to Normandy for the D-Day celebration, and all on the government's dime! By which I mean it'll be my money and they just pay me back. Maybe, eventually.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ti-Phil on Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 pm

While I enjoy seeing post in french, spam in french is still spam.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm

It's like Comic Genesis was asleep for three months this year, as we're just now having the Webcomic Above thread (usually held in late February or March) when the Cookout would normally be (early June). Does this mean we'll be ready for the cookout by late August?
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Terotrous on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:14 am

Hey, 3 months late is better than never.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Turi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 am

Gallstones are not as fun as they may sound.
Turi
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Turi wrote:Gallstones are not as fun as they may sound.

No. No they are not.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

"Gal Stones" wouldn't even be a good name for a jewelry store.

p.s. hope that they will go away soon! :( stupid bodies making weird crap that doesn't belong there!!
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

My first association is a girl with certain part of male anatomy so it doesn't sound fun anyways.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 pm

https://picasaweb.google.com/1045925390 ... 7rm_qp1AE#

Many of those areas are not too far from where Comic Cookout VII was last year (Omaha, Nebraska). It seems that Cortland is alright at least (posted recently), but many low-lying areas, including I-29 and Omaha Eppley Airport are either underwater or in danger of doing so.

Won't all this floodwater eventually reach the Gulf of Mexico and cause that to rise, too? D:
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Ahaugen on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Dragonkingdoms wrote:https://picasaweb.google.com/104592539075472798431/TheGreatMissouriRiverFloodOf2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCLLaoO7rm_qp1AE#

Many of those areas are not too far from where Comic Cookout VII was last year (Omaha, Nebraska). It seems that Cortland is alright at least (posted recently), but many low-lying areas, including I-29 and Omaha Eppley Airport are either underwater or in danger of doing so.

Won't all this floodwater eventually reach the Gulf of Mexico and cause that to rise, too? D:

you have to remember it's a big ocean ... you're basically taking a full eyedropper and emptying it into a 55 gallon drum
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby Terotrous on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Well, today the 90s officially came to an end - my old desktop finally bit the dust. He was so young! Only 13 years old!

Luckily, this does not come as a complete surprise, I had virtually everything backed up and a spare computer primed and ready to go, so it didn't set me back too much. Still, there's a couple more things I wish I could have retrieved before the end. But I think it's a requirement of the digital era that you always lose things when you move to a new computer.
ImageImage
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Tero, I sometimes am very nostalgic for the Mickey Mouse computer games I used to play when I was a toddler/young child. They were on our 1987 MS-DOS computer, where when you turned the computer on with a switch, there was no mouse, the back of the loading screen was green and the text was yellow, and you entered some train of commands in order to get the computer at what I suppose would correspond to "the desktop." Those games were freakin' awesome. I could go on about them for ages, but I'll stop now, before'n I get depressed. We had that computer until 1998, then got a Gateway that we had from '98 to '06, since which point we've had our Dell XP. Sadly, the newer the computers get, the less time they seem to last. This one we've had to wipe and reinstall everything at least twice already, and it's very outdated for a lot of newer things.

I love what technology helps us do, but I hate the impossible expense and frustration of trying to keep up with seemingly even the most basic needs. I wish computers were like cars, where you could buy one and expect to have it for many many years if you treat it well, but that's just no good for the business end of things. I don't like the idea of disposable technology- I get very attached to my things, and hate when I need to replace my cell phone, for instance. Oh, you should have seen how miserable I was when my old Walkman CD player died :( I don't know what's going to happen when my iPod kicks the bucket. I've only had it for three years!! It's barely a toddler!

Then I face the problem where I wait until something has literally broken down and is unusable before I replace it, so that buy the time I go to buy an upgraded version, it seems so foreign and filled with so many unnecessary capabilities that it just makes me angrier. I like having my phone separate from my iPod, separate from my laptop.

TLDR, I'm four times my actual age and hate that time marches on.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:51 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:I love what technology helps us do, but I hate the impossible expense and frustration of trying to keep up with seemingly even the most basic needs.

That's why you get a job that issues you a laptop.

It also helps if you work in the IT department and have admin access to the work-issued computer. :wink:
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Terotrous on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Tero, I sometimes am very nostalgic for the Mickey Mouse computer games I used to play when I was a toddler/young child.

If you knew what they were called, I bet you could find them and run them on DosBox (an MS-DOS emulator).

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Then I face the problem where I wait until something has literally broken down and is unusable before I replace it, so that buy the time I go to buy an upgraded version, it seems so foreign and filled with so many unnecessary capabilities that it just makes me angrier. I like having my phone separate from my iPod, separate from my laptop.

TLDR, I'm four times my actual age and hate that time marches on.

I still have lots of other ridiculously old hardware. There's still an old Mac in my house that's from 1995 at the latest, and as far as I know it's still working. I also have tons of video game consoles, going all the way back to the Intellivision, and they all still work. But PCs don't seem destined for long lifetimes.
ImageImage
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:59 am

Lol, well I'm pretty certain this was one of them: http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/19 ... 6/sA64.jpg

God, I played that game for hours at a time. I think that it engraved in my brain how parties were supposed to work for a very long time. Even now, whenever I go to have a party I think of it in those terms.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Last night, got into an argument over the Internet, got called a baby killer for being in the military, got super distracted by it all and didn't eat dinner or go to bed until midnight, and then overslept this morning and missed my bus for the USO trip to the Black Forest. Not happy.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Laemkral wrote:Last night, got into an argument over the Internet, got called a baby killer for being in the military, got super distracted by it all and didn't eat dinner or go to bed until midnight, and then overslept this morning and missed my bus for the USO trip to the Black Forest. Not happy.
You do have a hammer. Use it to beat the other person to death, and you'll feel a lot better.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Munchkin be crazy. Had an awesome game with friends, half of whom were new to it but caught on with time. Also, BBQ.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion