Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Are they the same images every time or just very similar?
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 pm

He's a pretty good comic artist who's like to have his own webcomic once he can afford all that expensive technology required.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Are they the same images every time or just very similar?
I kinda remember this guy from way back when. He randomly posts his Liefeldian superhero drawings here for no particular reason. These look like new ones, 'cause I mainly remember him posting a super-ugly Wolverine at one point.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sortelli on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:55 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Are they the same images every time or just very similar?

I was confused because he apparently used more than one handle to be his own sockpuppet and the time I ran into him he was using a different handle other than this one. You can find his other handle in the thread this one used to post in, and marvel at the fact that he actually used to be worse than this.
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

I am somewhat familiar with bobnumbers from the days when I had no friends and read the forums archives. These new drawings just look so similar to the old ones in my memory that I really thought it was just the same few continuously being redisplayed.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 pm

He's improving at about the same rate as Liefield as well, it seems.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I'm making a game. Help is appreciated.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 am

Fellow creators why so much hatred for bad art?Why not crit me and make me a better artist ? This nastiness stinks of envy.Oh and by the way I have 2 webcomics now Canadian Bad -Ass League and Ultimate Team Africa.ImageImageImageImage Lets tstop all the hateration and be about creation.
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby IVstudios on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:36 am

Yeah, come on guys. All this hateration just shows your lack of moral fibertude, it needs to tstop. We need to build up our apprecification and posotronics so we can dingle flingle the bingle. RADICAL!

And honestly, McD, he has TWO webcomics going. You need to stop believing everything you read in people signatures. Just because something is written in all caps doesn't make it true.

Man, just the other week I was lamenting the lack of insane drama on the forums, and then Bob#s shows up to grand all my wishes.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:20 am

IVstudios wrote:Yeah, come on guys. All this hateration just shows your lack of moral fibertude, it needs to tstop. We need to build up our apprecification and posotronics so we can dingle flingle the bingle. RADICAL!

And honestly, McD, he has TWO webcomics going. You need to stop believing everything you read in people signatures. Just because something is written in all caps doesn't make it true.

Man, just the other week I was lamenting the lack of insane drama on the forums, and then Bob#s shows up to grand all my wishes.
Dude I wrote that in 2007 when I first started messing around on the net.I did'nt have a scanner or know really anything about how to post images on the net.The drama comes from you my friend.Are my drawings of superheroes that dramatic? You just wanna have this little corner of the net for your crude childish looking cartoon drawings.So you hate on anybody who does anything different.Either way I woke up your dead ass thread.I deserve thanks for that alone.Half the people that were here back then have dead and defunct accounts and webcomics and blogs.While I still hold the flame still drawing writing and loving comics.If you do it for the love it's always a success.Image
Last edited by Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 am

I wish I had this dude's confidence.

On the plus side I've got self-awareness, so at least there's that.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:I wish I had this dude's confidence.

It comes from within my friend.Image
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:27 am

Doboy1 wrote:
RobboAKAscooby wrote:I wish I had this dude's confidence.

It comes from within my friend.

That is so true.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 am

Things were getting a bit stale around here, thanks Doboy

Can you do a "draw it again" meme for us? Like take a picture you drew many years ago and redraw it to show off how you've improved? I simply adore those and they're fun to do.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:42 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Things were getting a bit stale around here, thanks Doboy

Can you do a "draw it again" meme for us? Like take a picture you drew many years ago and redraw it to show off how you've improved? I simply adore those and they're fun to do.

Yes! Those are so fun!
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Things were getting a bit stale around here, thanks Doboy

I will if others contribute. I do love truly love myself but there is a limit to even my massive ego.
Image I might try this one of my first attempts at drawing a web comic.E.N.A.C Image
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby Bustertheclown on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 pm

At least he's making comics. That's a whole lot more than I can say for at least a few of us.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Bustertheclown wrote:At least he's making comics. That's a whole lot more than I can say for at least a few of us.

He's making them so hard he's making them through the ban, which I didn't realize was possible.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Doboy1 wrote:
IVstudios wrote:Yeah, come on guys. All this hateration just shows your lack of moral fibertude, it needs to tstop. We need to build up our apprecification and posotronics so we can dingle flingle the bingle. RADICAL!

Dude I wrote that in 2007 when I first started messing around on the net.I did'nt have a scanner or know really anything about how to post images on the net.The drama comes from you my friend.Are my drawings of superheroes that dramatic? You just wanna have this little corner of the net for your crude childish looking cartoon drawings.So you hate on anybody who does anything different.Either way I woke up your dead ass thread.I deserve thanks for that alone.Half the people that were here back then have dead and defunct accounts and webcomics and blogs.While I still hold the flame still drawing writing and loving comics.If you do it for the love it's always a success.

You misunderstand, I'm one of your biggest fanboys. When I saw those rippling, bulging muscles splashed across my computer screen I was genuinely giddy to see you back. Though I suppose as a crude and childish cartoon artist, I can't fully appreciate your richer, more realistic style. I still enjoy seeing it though.

Oh if only there were a way to get Horndog in on this too. There's a guy who knows art. I would love to see a discussion between him and Bob#s on the merits of cartoony vs realistic styles and underground vs mainstream comics.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doboy1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 pm

IVstudios wrote:
Doboy1 wrote:

Dude I wrote that in 2007 when I first started messing around on the net.I did'nt have a scanner or know really anything about how to post images on the net.The drama comes from you my friend.Are my drawings of superheroes that dramatic? You just wanna have this little corner of the net for your crude childish looking cartoon drawings.So you hate on anybody who does anything different.Either way I woke up your dead ass thread.I deserve thanks for that alone.Half the people that were here back then have dead and defunct accounts and webcomics and blogs.While I still hold the flame still drawing writing and loving comics.If you do it for the love it's always a success.

You misunderstand, I'm one of your biggest fanboys. When I saw those rippling, bulging muscles splashed across my computer screen I was genuinely giddy to see you back. Though I suppose as a crude and childish cartoon artist, I can't fully appreciate your richer, more realistic style. I still enjoy seeing it though.

Oh if only there were a way to get Horndog in on this too. There's a guy who knows art. I would love to see a discussion between him and Bob#s on the merits of cartoony vs realistic styles and underground vs mainstream comics.
Dude I love cartoony artwork also.I worship Robert Crumb his crosshatching is sublime.That's part of the reason it's very prominent in my work.I'm just saying there is enough room for both.
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby Doboy1 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:09 pm

A stab at cartooning pimpin on a plate!Image
I really love comics!
Doboy1
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

PreviousNext