Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Aerones
Regular Poster

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Aerones »

Time again for BIG IMAGES.

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

That dinosaur is effin METAL! XD Seriously, Metallica would fit right in.

I've been doing drawings! Whee!

ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

the crossover demanded by risky

Post by Spaceprincess »

Shannon- so, You guys wanna ride the tri-cycle?
Kai-yeah, just cause you're a tomboy doesn't mean were interested in your plumbing!
I also want a Shonen Ai Kudosai reunion comic crossover with Quantum Cadet Shannon
done and done

the version I put on DA

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Ha! XD XD
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Risky

Post by Risky »

Yay. :lol: I miss SAK, and I quite like your comics SP. Something about the slice of life humor in both seems to fit... although one has a few more space aliens than the other.

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

KWill wrote:
CaptainClaude wrote:Sup? did you guys elect someone else yet?
I think Laemkral was planning a coup, but nothing came of it.
so laaaaaazzzyyyyyyyy!

have a collaby thing with my friend josceline: http://hemlock.smackjeeves.com/

Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

Post by Spaceprincess »

Risky wrote:Yay. :lol: I miss SAK, and I quite like your comics SP. Something about the slice of life humor in both seems to fit... although one has a few more space aliens than the other.
thanks I really appreciate it. I never know if what I'm doing makes any sense so feed back is helpful :D

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

Spaceprincess wrote: thanks I really appreciate it. I never know if what I'm doing makes any sense so feed back is helpful :D
Boy to I hear that! I think that may be the most trouble I have with my comic.
ImageImage Mixed Myth

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

The Ghost of Christmas Present...he's smiling at yooooou.
ImageImage Mixed Myth

Skwinky
Regular Poster

Post by Skwinky »

FFFFF. Guys guys, I love that the artwork here is so diverse and wonderful, and I love everything. I wish I had something more constructive to say! XD

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Don't worry about being constructive. You can just keep saying how great you think we all are. :P :P

Michelle's hair has grown back enough to look like she meant to cut it that way. Maria LOVES it (and rubbing the fuzzies), but Michelle can't wait for it to get long again. XD XD
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

I heard that running hands through hair of that length is a first class delight.

Aerones
Regular Poster

Post by Aerones »

I love running my hands over a stubbly scalp. Unless it's mine. I hate getting a haircut that's too short.

On a totally unrelated topic; I hereby give not only permission, but also encouragement, to tell me whatever I've screwed up in a picture. Because if no one tells me what I've done wrong I'm quite likely to keep doing it.

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Yay! Here we go:

Picture A:
-A guy third from the left is off balance, he's bound to fall on his back
-Fourth guy from the left (flying): shoulders don't appear to be wider than his torso, hence they're all kinds of weird looking, and his arms are too short. There's some live model practice of crossed arms bound to happen. Also I think his hips should be a bit wider, not as wide as a girl's would be but still a bit wider than his waist.
-Fifth guy from the left: Yeah, that shortening it all wrong, it looks like his leg is just much shorter than the other. I also think his face appears asymmetric because you wanted to show off his earring, which would've been obscured if you drew it properly.
-First guy from the right, back: that leg should be lower. Try drawing him without the front guy obscuring him, you'll see that the leg won't be there unless he's one very disproportionate man.
First guy from the right, front: forearm too short.

Picture B:
I don't have much on dinosaur anatomy. Again, it appears you haven't sketched the guy as if he wasn't partly obscured by dinosaur, I think his leg wouldn't be where it is, and his other leg would be visible behind dino's neck, I think all those things would've become apparent if you sketched what's behind the dino.

Then also, I'm not sure if you're asking for this kind of comment, but any time I see such drawing of a bunch of guys standing like that and staring at the camera, it looks awfully fake and lifeless; people often draw their superheroes like that, but they really only look like a bunch of models who were staged and told to look dark and menacing (and aren't pulling it off). Actually they kinda look like a boy band trying to appear tough in their publicity shots.
I think, when you're designing a cover page or something like that, to make it good, it's not just enough to draw them standing, you have to ask yourself a few logistic questions: what are they doing? Are they in a scene from a comic, are they caught in mid-action, or are they at least posing for a camera? I think that for most of good covers, you'll find that the author has asked this question. Then you get a more dynamic drawing, more lifelike expressions and appearance, because you have a better idea of what they are supposed to be doing at the moment. Otherwise you just draw default, and that looks lifeless. Even if they were posing for an imaginary photographer, this photographer would've done more to relax them, make them crack a smile or something, catch them at the moment when they're not as self-conscious.
Then again, everyone on internet draws covers of action comics just like this: a bunch of dudes standing still, staring at the camera and trying to look menacing.

Aerones
Regular Poster

Post by Aerones »

Thanks.

They're both really just sketches, I didn't intend for the one to be a Cover Image or anything like that. It was more just about me trying to get them all together on a page.
But you're right on all the flaws. Now that you've pointed them out I can clearly see where they're messed up.
Thanks.

I have no intention of going back to these images and correcting them, but I'll try to be more cautious about repeating those same mistakes in the future.

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

You're welcome.

RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

It's summer here in Australia and I need to practice drawing these new characters so what better excuse for some bikini time.
Harli in the summertime
Harli in the summertime
HarliBikini_CGforum.jpg (104.01 KiB) Viewed 953 times
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Post by IVstudios »

Family Portrait for Christmas.

Skwinky
Regular Poster

Post by Skwinky »

Teehee, I also drew something seasonal. Doodle themes, go!

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Holiday-themed fanart for NervousSpy(if anyone remembers him)'s B-Movie Comic:

Also, IV, we heart your dad's hat. :D :D

Image Image