What made YOU happy today?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:14 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
Warren wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:We have a diner that's open 24 hours. That's pretty cool.

We have a Denny's too. :wink:

:P :P

We actually DID just get a Denny's on Long Island a couple of years ago, though. Also, a Sonic. We'd been getting commercials for them since as long as we can remember, but there weren't any actually here. When they finally built them, there were lines for WEEKS; it was nuts.

That's what happened when we got our Sonic! I like eating there, but tragically the closest one to me is terrible and in the three (? i think) times I've tried it, they've either messed up my order, taken forever, given me cold food, or some other problem that I've NEVER had at any other Sonic. So bizarre. The next closest is conveniently on the route I take to get to my boyfriend's family's house, but if I"m not visiting him, it would just be a ~40 minute drive out to get it and, as much as I enjoy their food, I don't think that's necessary :shifty:
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Am I the only one here who's never eaten at a Sonic? Primarily because of a) the lines when it first opened, and b) the one time I went there was to get the ex a shake for some reason I can't remember.

I did make an effort to get to an "In & Out Burger" when I visited CA last year, if only to snicker like a 13-year old.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Warren wrote:Am I the only one here who's never eaten at a Sonic? Primarily because of a) the lines when it first opened, and b) the one time I went there was to get the ex a shake for some reason I can't remember.

I did make an effort to get to an "In & Out Burger" when I visited CA last year, if only to snicker like a 13-year old.

I haven't been to either but then again we don't have them here in Australia.

I did go to a bunch of burger places when I was in the US though.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby djracodex on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:54 pm

RobboAKAscooby wrote:
Warren wrote:Am I the only one here who's never eaten at a Sonic? Primarily because of a) the lines when it first opened, and b) the one time I went there was to get the ex a shake for some reason I can't remember.

I haven't been to either but then again we don't have them here in Australia.

I did go to a bunch of burger places when I was in the US though.

The burger places alone is enough reason to visit the US.
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby Sortelli on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

When we got our first In and Out burger joints in Tucson the lines were seriously wrapped around the entire mall parking lot. They are a big deal to a lot of people but ... eeeeeh, not really my thing, personally. Still glad I got to try them.

Sonic is pretty good but it isn't going to blow you away so if there are crazy lines don't even bother. Wait until the charm fades.

Me, Culver's is my favorite chain. We just got one. The butter burger is amaaaaaazing. And those fried cheese curds. Ohmang. Bless you, Wisconsin.
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain

Postby Tim on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Unfortunately no Sonics around here. I do have fond memories of heading to the St. Louis one at the cookouts.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I'm making a game. Help is appreciated.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Two words: Five Guys.

Those fries are awesome.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:33 am

I don't even know what Sonic is. Is that a hedgehog-themed restaurant or something?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Tim on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 am

McDuffies wrote:I don't even know what Sonic is. Is that a hedgehog-themed restaurant or something?

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/
It's a chain of drive-in restaurants.

Why they haven't teamed up with SEGA for marketing purposes, I have no idea. Presumably because Sonic is Japanese and the restaurants are American.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I'm making a game. Help is appreciated.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Tim wrote:Why they haven't teamed up with SEGA for marketing purposes, I have no idea.

And considering how chili dogs are one of their main menu items, it really is the biggest missed opportunity in marketing history.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:36 am

FOR REAL.
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby djracodex on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:13 pm

What made me happy today? Stevie Nicks is a recurring character (as herself) in American Horror Story: Coven. I don't care what you think about the show. Stevie God-damn Nicks. Is a queen.
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:34 am

djracodex wrote:What made me happy today? Stevie Nicks is a recurring character (as herself) in American Horror Story: Coven. I don't care what you think about the show. Stevie God-damn Nicks. Is a queen.

That may just be the thing that gets me watching American Horror Story.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Warren on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:00 pm

I just noticed they finally put the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Finally I can finish this damn show.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:08 pm

A little background-
I met my very first best friend in the world when I was in preschool. I loved the hell out of this kid and he was my pretend husband essentially. He was a grade year behind me so we didn't really hang out during school, but we had playdates every week and he used to live up the street from me. Heck, I stayed at his house for my very first sleepover ever the night my sister was born (though I had to stay in his sister's room- which was cool, because I really looked up to her as I didn't have an older sister of my own). When we were like.... six, seven? Maybe a little later? He moved, but was still in the same quarter of town, just in this gigantic house up on the hill. We always had a lot of fun together and would do the stupidest goony troublemaker shit, like this one time we got in trouble because we were flushing random stuff down the toilet "as an experiment" and shit like that.

Well, we mostly dropped out of contact once we got to middle school. He kind of took the more serious "troublemaker" route and I was still just a plain dweeb so we didn't really cross paths anymore. I know his family was kind of dysfunctional- the parents divorced ages ago and stuff like that, so I'm sure that contributed a bit to it. So like, seriously haven't talked to this kid in forever. We've been facebook friends a while and I saw that he was into some rougher shit- specific drugs aren't explicitly mentioned but it's kind of clear what was going on. I felt bad to see it, but at the same time, it wasn't like "Oh, this angel of a little boy grew up to be such a ruffian" it was like "Damn, this mischievous kid really got caught up in some bad stuff, I guess I could have seen it coming, what a shame, I hope he'll be okay."

Apparently he's been in rehab for a while and is really doing a lot better now- I saw a recent post of his that' he's been clean for like a year, and I liked the post. He sent me a message :') Just a simple "How've you been" type thing, and I guess he's trying to just reach back out to people he used to know and stuff like that. But I saw that message, and usually it takes ages for me to respond to someone online via email or fb message, and I just wrote back right away. I felt a bit nervous, in the sense that I don't really know who he is anymore, and our lives diverged onto such different paths that I don't really know what to say, but I was just so happy to see that message from him that my heart jumped to my throat and I felt I could cry.

That might have been the end of our conversation, who knows. But I felt like telling somebody about it. Just brightened my day a bit. Today's been pretty good.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 am

*thumbs up* I like hearing about people taking the initiative to get their life back on track.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

I've been in a supper good mood all day. No particular reason, I'm just having a good day.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:21 pm

We've picked a wedding venue.

OMG, it actually happening!! Image Image
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby IVstudios on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:16 pm

:D
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:36 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:We've picked a wedding venue.

OMG, it actually happening!! Image Image

SO AWESOME ;;
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion