Page 1 of 3

The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:36 pm
by Bustertheclown
To this day, the best comics I think I've EVER done were drawn in a flurry of activity about four years ago. I don't think I've stagnated, so much as I just have much less time these days to make comics. On the bright side, I'm working more on comics, and coming January, I'll have access to school facilities in order to sit and work once in awhile. So, perhaps this lull will improve.

Anyhoo, why should OT get all of the image thread fun? Show off your best. We want to see.
20080808.JPG
20080808.JPG (129.52 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
thosetwo2a.JPG
thosetwo2a.JPG (130.78 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
thosetwo2b.JPG
thosetwo2b.JPG (142 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
Ba-dump bump!

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:57 am
by Warofwinds
I think this is one of the better pages I've done:

Image

I really liked how the lighting turned out. :) I'd have chosen this page, but it became too text heavy (though I loved how the art itself turned out):

Image

And I love the monocle bit on your Nacho Sangria page, Buster! The perfect little touch to make the joke not so dark.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:42 pm
by Redtech
My cast page is better than my comic. D:

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 pm
by Tim
I still feel this is the best I've drawn to date.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 pm
by MariaAndMichelle
Best COMIC we've ever done? That'd have to be... well, nothing from Shonen-Ai Kudasai. XD XD
Gotta be the mini-comic, "A Thousand Words." Here's the cover.
Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:39 pm
by VinnieD
In terms of emotional payoff this is probably my favorite, though I have done better in terms of art.
20080803.jpg
(234.55 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 pm
by Bustertheclown
Yay! Participation! This is some good stuff. Keep it coming.
Warofwinds wrote:I think this is one of the better pages I've done:

img

I really liked how the lighting turned out. :) I'd have chosen this page, but it became too text heavy (though I loved how the art itself turned out):

img
Very lovely work. The lighting is nicely done, and the overall pallet is befittingly twilit.
Warofwinds wrote:And I love the monocle bit on your Nacho Sangria page, Buster! The perfect little touch to make the joke not so dark.
Thanks! Nacho is probably my biggest class warrior, but it's still all about the comedy. Dark is good, but unfunny is not.
Redtech wrote:My cast page is better than my comic. D:
I dunno. Monsters get my vote.
Tim wrote:I still feel this is the best I've drawn to date.
Sexy. And... pink.
MariaAndMichelle wrote:Best COMIC we've ever done? That'd have to be... well, nothing from Shonen-Ai Kudasai. XD XD
Gotta be the mini-comic, "A Thousand Words." Here's the cover.
img
Care to share a page or two?
VinnieD wrote:In terms of emotional payoff this is probably my favorite, though I have done better in terms of art.
20080803.jpg
Very emotive, indeed. Good job.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 am
by Mattias
This is an interesting thread! I want to see more. :) I love those pages by Warofwinds - very atmospheric!

I've always been fond of these pages:

Image
Image
Image

In general, I like the silent parts of the comic.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna post the whole thing here

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:29 am
by Cope
Can I include my entire first webcomic as the best thing I've ever done?

It's a horrible mess...but I'm still proud of it, namely because I managed to finish the damn thing. It's far and away the most ambitious project I ever saw through to the end.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:44 am
by K-Dawg

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:05 pm
by SergeXIII
This one comes to mind, though the punchline was the leading factor truth be told.
Image
Heres another one thats nice, art wise this time
Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:14 am
by Mvmarcz
I'll bite.

I'd say these are my best two pages so far, I'm not gonna count the cover cause I did it differently from the pages

Image

Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:53 pm
by Redtech
Bustertheclown wrote:Yay! Participation! This is some good stuff. Keep it coming.
Ho-wah!
I dunno. Monsters get my vote.
I'm torn between creating a giant brain that controls the Internet or a giant furry hentai squid.

I rather like the profile pic for Zophia, it's taken me TWO YEARS to get her to look like a machine!
Image

I sum up the entire premise in one strip!
Image

Sums up the entire story arc in one strip.
Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:52 pm
by Pimpette
All my entries for the Mr/Miss/Thing CG this year... Pimpette, Vodskof, and Turkish in his adorable little waterwings..

And I know I post these all the freaking time but I just can't get over it..
Image
This one wows me a little more than the other one does, maybe because I unconsciously put her in the same outfit four years later (let's face it, Pimpette likes green and I'm not too creative with outfits).

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:47 am
by KWill
Dunno if I can call it "done", seeing as it needs another 5 pages (page 2 is missing the last two or three panels), but it is pretty much the best I've managed so far:

Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 pm
by MariaAndMichelle
Bustertheclown wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:Best COMIC we've ever done? That'd have to be... well, nothing from Shonen-Ai Kudasai. XD XD
Gotta be the mini-comic, "A Thousand Words." Here's the cover.
img
Care to share a page or two?
Well, we weren't going to, 'cause it's actually up for sale... but a couple of pages can't hurt. Why not? :) :)

Let us preface the posting by saying that this was inspired by geoduck's idea for a comic called "A Thousand Words" that had no actual words in it.

(These aren't consecutive pages)
Image

Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:32 am
by Paul Escobar
After careful consideration, I've concluded that this comic is my best work. Or at least, the most well-executed. Depending on one's sense of humour one may conclude it's my worst work.

Also, I'm rather proud of this guest page for The End of Things.

Man, I make too few comics. Oh the tribulations of being lazy.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:21 am
by Turnsky
Image

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:19 am
by Dr Legostar
I've been steadily improving my photography and adding better effects, not sure if I have something I'd consider my best ever though. I do consider my best joke ever something I did for the Keenreality jam a long time ago though. Sadly it's too much of an in joke to be funny to people not informed to the avatars.

Re: The Best You've Ever Done!

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:55 pm
by Bustertheclown
Dr Legostar wrote:I've been steadily improving my photography and adding better effects, not sure if I have something I'd consider my best ever though. I do consider my best joke ever something I did for the Keenreality jam a long time ago though. Sadly it's too much of an in joke to be funny to people not informed to the avatars.
How the heck has an in-joke stopped anybody from posting anything around these parts? Let loose with it!