Livejournal-style Whining Thread 2.0

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Livejournal-style Whining Thread 2.0

Post by Keffria »

The other one was getting too long, so here is another thread in which we spit out all the butt ends of our days and ways.

Go at it. I got nothin'; my life is, indeed, nothing but papers and applications.

Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Re: Livejournal-style Whining Thread 2.0

Post by Mvmarcz »

I might actually finish a painting for critic!!!! HUZZAH! Oh and I made a spectacular artists book but I turned it in before taking pictures :(
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2

Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pimpette »

I am hungry.

That is all.

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

No whining from me, just a SITREP.

Returned from the field today. We got done cleaning weapons by 1630, when past classes usually took until 1800 or even 2000. We rock.
Convoy back was nice and quiet since I was in one of the two buses and not riding in the actual convoy of vehicles. Meant I could sleep, be warm and cozy, and not wear a helmet. Sadly, several vehicles had mechanical issues and things got slightly screwy from what I've been told.
I've got a bunch of laundry now due to being in the field. One of my gloves has a finger in need of repair. I lost one of my two Gerber multi-tools. Thankfully I lost the cheap one....that I just bought.
My sponsor in Germany contacted me and gave me a heads up on living there, learned more about the unit and whats going on, and stuff and things in general.
No PT tomorrow.
My buddy is going to Iraq now, not Afghanistan. He also is thinking of reupping again, and wants me to administer his oath since we'll both be in-country at the time and I'm now an officer (I wasn't the last time he reupped).
I ran a rifle range, took ownership of an entire barracks and CP, worked the M240B on the gun trucks (twice, front and back), and participated in a live fire exercise as a TC and casualty. In addition, I was the NCOIC of Truck Operations in conjunction with simultaneous rail, LOTS, port, MCT, and TDC operations.
I want to buy a set of goggle eyepro.
I need to get my Class As squared away.
I've got a briefing to give on the 19th, a meeting with Transportation tomorrow at 1230, need to set up a meeting with the Ticket Office, and start learning TC-AIMMS tomorrow.

My classmates are beginning to frustrate me because most of them truly do not love the job like I do. For some insane, ungodly, inhuman reason I honestly enjoy my work and all the different aspects of it. Even when I'm complaining, I love my job. The people, NCOs, junior enlisted, and even officers all are so fascinating and most jobs would never let me meet such a wide variety of personalities. The MAJ in charge of the school is awesome and I have a strong feeling I'll turn into him as my career progresses, another MAJ is a fascinating individual responsible for coordinating on behalf of the school with PEO and so he brought out cool test models of gunner helmets that are a step towards the "ideal" Future Warrior system, the SFC who ran just about everything is this funny guy who messes with you but teaches you at the same time, and the instructor in charge of the training is a former SF/Ranger who knows everything about anything and can show you not only the "Army" way to do something but also the RIGHT way to do something.
And for some reason, my classmates are filled with nothing but bitching, complaining, and frustrations that they do not know how to properly vent. I refuse to go into further detail because its not warranted, but I'm saddened that they look at me and think I'm weird because I love wearing my IBA, enjoy eating MREs, and think that what I do is the greatest thing in the world.

No, I will not explain out all the Army terms.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Post by Prettysenshi »

Sooooo, according to my very good GOP buddy, I'm a republican. I didn't believe him at first, but he went through all my talking points, and now I'm in a state of shock.

Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jesusabdullah »

I current have a miniature model sterling engine in my possession. In related news, I don't have to go to my lab anymore.

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

i got a call for seasonal job interview. ha ha. I'm going to have no life for a few months.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

swing dancing scene in toronto is NOT as good as advertised. Oddsocks is expensive cause they always have live entertainment (which is often not that good) and the Reservoir Lounge is tiny and LAME!

I am angry.

Also my chest hurts.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

I've gone from YAY CENTENNIAL to FUCK CENTENNIAL at the speed of sound. Centennial College, where lunch break is from 8am to dinner time

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

Prettysenshi wrote:Sooooo, according to my very good GOP buddy, I'm a republican. I didn't believe him at first, but he went through all my talking points, and now I'm in a state of shock.
On the bright side Republicans aren't Republicans these days.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Killbert-Robby wrote:I've gone from YAY CENTENNIAL to FUCK CENTENNIAL at the speed of sound. Centennial College, where lunch break is from 8am to dinner time
welcome to canada.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dave Against The Machine »

My comic in the local news paper got discontinued. :( I was liking the little extra cash every month.

Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Post by Prettysenshi »

Yeahduff wrote:
Prettysenshi wrote:Sooooo, according to my very good GOP buddy, I'm a republican. I didn't believe him at first, but he went through all my talking points, and now I'm in a state of shock.
Like, I'm socially very liberal, but i'm very economically conservative. I'm anti big govt too, and I guess I never realized that until last night, but now thinking on it, I'm not that offended. He said I'm libertarian, and i'm like "oh, well okay. as long as i'm not republican" :D

maybe this is a good thing. Black "republicans" are rare in DC. Maybe I'll move on up in the ranks quicker than I thought :3 I think I rather be a Powell conservative though. He's not inherently evil, at least.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Prettysenshi wrote:
Yeahduff wrote:
Like, I'm socially very liberal, but i'm very economically conservative. I'm anti big govt too, and I guess I never realized that until last night, but now thinking on it, I'm not that offended. He said I'm libertarian, and i'm like "oh, well okay. as long as i'm not republican" :D

maybe this is a good thing. Black "republicans" are rare in DC. Maybe I'll move on up in the ranks quicker than I thought :3 I think I rather be a Powell conservative though. He's not inherently evil, at least.
plus most people become more conservative as they get older.

Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Post by Prettysenshi »

But I'm only twenty!! That's not how Churchill said it :D I should be this way around like....Ryan's age, or something!!

So I guess I'm heartless D:

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I'm already a horrible old man. Though I guess that's been the case for a while now.

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

Prettysenshi wrote:But I'm only twenty!! That's not how Churchill said it :D I should be this way around like....Ryan's age, or something!!

So I guess I'm heartless D:
I'm not heartless. I have, if anything, way more hearts than you. Some of them even beat if you give them a jolt.

Now get off my lawn or I'll turn the hose on you.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Prettysenshi wrote: Like, I'm socially very liberal, but i'm very economically conservative. I'm anti big govt too, and I guess I never realized that until last night, but now thinking on it, I'm not that offended. He said I'm libertarian, and i'm like "oh, well okay. as long as i'm not republican" :D

The Republican party is facing the cold harsh light of reality these days, so who knows what it will be in the future. But it started the week hanging its hat on social issues with economic conservatism up in the attic somewhere. So don't start sending love letters to John Boehner just yet. Economically, Bill Clinton was much more conservative than George W Bush.

Also, old=conservative isn't necessarily the case. And Churchill never said that.
Last edited by Yeahduff on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Halloween with the Kolters

Post by Fading Aura »

Rkolter wrote:I'm not heartless. I have, if anything, way more hearts than you. Some of them even beat if you give them a jolt.
Squishiest. Halloween. Visit. Ever. :ick:
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

My Cosi coupons expired. So I didn't eat today.