Page 1 of 2

200 pages... or bust?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:46 am
by Phinmagic
I have been tearing it up this year, completing nearly 200 pages, my best year yet!

Here's the breakdown...


Sara: One shot Cover + 30 pages 31
Phin Boy Wiz Cover + 15 pages 16
Weirdlings Cover + 52 pages 53
The Path Backup 10 pages 10
Zombiehaus Cover + 11 pages 12
Xmas Special Cover + 30 pages 31
Chupacabra Cover + 16 pages 17
Comic Remix 1 page 1
Creephunter Cover + 11 pages 12
Phin and Cthulhu 1 page 1
Jaguar Paw 4 pages 4
Magic Council 3 pages 3
191

I feel like I failed if I don't reach the ambiguous 200, by years end. Is that stupid? I dunno. I just hope next year is as productive!

Barry

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:43 am
by Bustertheclown
Man, CONGRATS! That's an achievement by anyone's standards, so sing it loud and proud.

I certainly don't think you'd fail if you don't do another nine in time. To put it in perspective, my finished page count for this year should stand at around 30. It hasn't been a good year for my cartooning. I hope to step it up quite a bit next year, and you've just officially become an inspiration to me.

Now, go finish another nine pages! You've only got two weeks left! :D

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:34 am
by Drugsmugglingcartoonist
Anything just less than 200 and you've done brilliantly anyhow. Congratulations. But like you, if I was at 196 now I'd be wanting to hit the 200, so go for it, but don't beat yourself up in the slightest if you fall short.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:43 am
by Phact0rri
congrats... you make us all feel like lazy bums.

J/k sounds wonderful hopefully you can keep that up that spirit into oh eight.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:21 am
by Nanda
Man, I make 50 comics a year, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to get all 50 in on time this year. You rock my socks.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 am
by GeorgeComics
I squeezed out...117 this year. That's a major improvement over the ten I put out last year. Nobody's a failure if they're happy with what they do!

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am
by Mon Ami
I don't think I've managed even a hundred this year so 196 is an amazing feat, ongradulations!

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:47 am
by TheWhiteWilSmith
As of Christmas Eve this year I'll have hit exactly 100 since my inception in May, and I still feel like I could've done more.

Still just shy of 200 is feckin' impressive.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 pm
by Lady Yate-xel
I'm going to hit 100 on December 31st since my start in June. If I were you, I'd be gunning for 200 - it's too close to not try. :D

*waves banners and such*

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:32 am
by Dr Legostar
i make about 260 a year, but then the way i do it is much easier and less time consuming that his whole "drawing" shtick.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:32 am
by Pimpette
Pimpette's been up for about four years now and I still haven't hit 200. XD

Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>


So... congrats! Keep it up, but don't forget to have fun in the meantime.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:33 am
by Dr Legostar
Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:44 am
by Birdie
Wow I did 64 updates this year. I'm both shocked, amazed and sad. I was hoping to be a little closer to the 100 mark by the end of the year. Well there is always next year.

*New Years resolution, funny SFF comics... lots of 'em

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:46 am
by Pimpette
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:50 am
by Dr Legostar
Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:03 am
by Birdie
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote: no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.
Naw just sit there and look cute. I'd pay to see that :)

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 am
by Dr Legostar
supernerdcore wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.
Naw just sit there and look cute. I'd pay to see that :)
don't make me hurt you, birdie, i like you, i don't want to have to damage you.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:12 pm
by Legion of Boom
Keep on truckin' Barry! The first 200 strips are the toughest. Kinda like making your first million $$$. :P

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:25 pm
by Eve Z.
84 this year for SL + 37 for Ted Pax would make a victorious 121 pages. for now. ;)

I never thought about how many pages I've done this year, but thanks! :D

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:45 pm
by Kaloo
Not that I'm anywhere near that... but if I did... I'd feel like a failure, not that you should. I think it's just that you want to get to 200 because you're so close.