Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Postby Plague on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:22 am

I'm back and I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me. Sup.
Plague
Regular Poster

Postby K-Dawg on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 am

Salutations.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Postby Marie on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Hello. I'm a newbie. I'm just seeing how to work the forum. I probably messed up already.
[img][/img]

http://whootoo.comicgenesis.com/
Marie

Postby Pascal on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Hello! Been on CG for a few weeks, thought I'd say hello. :)
Pascal

Postby Marie on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:21 am

I see that I have messed up. whoops.
http://whootoo.comicgenesis.com/
Marie

Postby Nutshellcomics on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm

I am brand new to the whole web comic thing and so all I can do at this point is say "Hello".

http://nutshellcomics.comicgenesis.com/
Updates Monday & Friday
Nutshellcomics
Regular Poster

Postby Darkflying on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Good day, we are new and thus posting in this thread. That's hello times two from a couple of comic artists who can't be bothered with separate accounts.
Darkflying

Postby Boozeathon4billion on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 am

I've never been a big person for forums and the like, but I'm Mark and I have just started my 3rd webcomic, and the one with the most longevity, called boozeathon4billion. My other two tanked after a semester of working on them because I just didn't have the time to dedicate to them, but now have more time and am loving doing a new comic.

I'll try to hit the forums more than I ever did on my old account (makdaddymizark). I think I signed in twice. But yeah, thanks for the time and stop by the site sometime.
Image Image
Boozeathon4billion
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 am

boozeathon4billion wrote:I've never been a big person for forums and the like, but I'm Mark and I have just started my 3rd webcomic, and the one with the most longevity, called boozeathon4billion. My other two tanked after a semester of working on them because I just didn't have the time to dedicate to them, but now have more time and am loving doing a new comic.

I'll try to hit the forums more than I ever did on my old account (makdaddymizark). I think I signed in twice. But yeah, thanks for the time and stop by the site sometime.

well good luck on this one.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Boozeathon4billion on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:47 am

Thanks. In between my last one and this one I took some time to really get better at my drawing style, have had a one frame weekly comic published for my school newspaper, and have found kind of a surreal niche I want to fill in one way or another. The others became tedious to write for after a few months, but since this one is kinda random its been a lot of fun.

I'm even moving on from greyscale to color comics now! Go me... i guess. lol
Image Image
Boozeathon4billion
Regular Poster

Postby Drsaltine2 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 am

I have had trouble logging into the forum account to update my comic, but it occured to me that the forum account was probably auto-deleted because I never posted in the forums. So I started a new one and was able to update it. Yippie.

It's still going to be a couple more weeks before we have the magic 20-30 strips up before I start mass-promoting it, but I guess it can't hurt to start hanging out in the forum community.
Professor Saltine's Astrodynamic Dirigible: http://www.professorsaltine.com
Drsaltine2

Postby Paradox on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:43 am

Hey all. I've been moseying around the last week or so and only just found this thread, so I figured I should do the neighbourly thing and introduce myself. The name is Paradox, not officially obviously, its a pseudonym...Not my first choice, but Batman was taken.

I'm the author and 'artist' (I use the term artist loosely) for Last Stop Before Hell, which has been around since about August last year, I've just been somewhat lax in becoming anything more than a statistic around the Forums.

Quick synopsis of who I am, I'm 21 and live in the beautiful country of Australia. Been producing comics for the last few years, mostly just for friends and such, and the art has only ever been used as a vehicle to express the words. I'm much more of a writer, but I'm working on the 'pretty pictures' that accompany the words. LSBH is my first foray into the world of mass-publicated comics so I'm hoping to make a go of it, and will continue the ride as long as it remains fun.

"Always keep them wanting more", or so they say...easier said than done, unless you're a PringleTM.
Paradox

Postby Madnuga on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:50 pm

It just goes to show that some people read the rules before makinga separate introduction post.
As such, let me join that throng and become a relatively respected member of society. Well...this society.
My name is Robert Gainey, and my comic is Madnuga. I'd link it, but seeing as I have a perfectly colorful box beneath this post that goes there, I don't know if it's redundant or not. I've been drawing comics for about...three weeks? Somewhere thereabouts. But I've been writing books for almost eight years (which is a painful reminder that I'll be twenty soon), but my novel and me have had a bit of a falling out since writer's block slammed home. So I decided to switch my focus to the visual field of story-telling and adapt one of my book series' to comic format, and share the attrocity with the world. While the first pages are and will be painful to look at, I've improved tremendously with the help of my ladyfriend (single best cartoon artist I know). I wanted a website so i could shamelessly publicize---er, I mean...share my work with the world.
I don't really expect readers. I don't really expect comments, or suggestions. But they'd be nice. So if you want to pop over and spam my in-box with hate mail about how I need to burn my pages and delete my account, feel free!
Anyway, you'll see me pop up in the forums here and there.
Maybe we'll have digital lunch.
Madnuga

Postby Polnareff on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey there, I'm new to the site. In the process of setting up the layout of my comic...I already have several strips done, but want to make sure everything looks pretty before an official launch. But 'till then, just dropping by for a small hello. So hi. ^_^
Polnareff

Postby McDuffies on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:52 am

darkflying wrote:Good day, we are new and thus posting in this thread. That's hello times two from a couple of comic artists who can't be bothered with separate accounts.

Mario and Michael!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Spuzo22 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:47 am

Hello folks i just sighned up! I'm now trying to set up my comic and make things look nice for everyone! I look foward to getting to know folks around here and reading comics!
Spuzo22
Regular Poster

Postby Rhenny on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:45 am

Hmm, does it count if i go, then come back like a really, really long writers strike with a new strip?

:o

Uhm, hello- Tap tap.. my name is Rhen and im a comic-aholic...
Rhenny
Regular Poster

Postby Tim on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:33 am

Your name looks kinda familiar. But welcome back anyway! We like seeing old people return.

Also, hi to the other newbs who have arrived since my last greeting.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Pre-release angst

Postby Parables on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am

Hi everyone! First of all I want to say a big 'thank you' to all of you for sharing your wisdom/opinions in these forums and related tutorials, you've already made a significant impact on my comic, for the better- and I'm still a few weeks before being ready to start publishing.

I have a question. I've been a reader and fan of webcomics for years, but this is my first foray into the medium. My comic is pretty labour-intensive to create- I've already put in about a hundred hours of work (okay, probably twice that) and I'm still in pre-production. I won't start releasing until I've built up a large buffer of strips, because I won't have much time to dedicate to the comic during the summer.

My frustration is this: everywhere I go, everyone is saying 'don't start pushing your comic until you have 20 / 30 / etc. strips in your archive.' Now, my strips are large, full-comic-page spreads. There's a lot in each strip, and I expect to be updating weekly. Do I really have to be sitting around for 4 - 5 months, putting this insane amount of work into this project, before I can start waving it around? I could break up the pages and update twice or three times a week, but I'm worried about ruining the pacing (ie, strips ending halfway through a scene in an awkward way).

I've read enough brilliant webcomics that just stop after half a dozen strips, so I know how annoying that can be. But I think these kind of guidelines can make it difficult for some strips to get started. Are these rules flexible? Should I be arranging my comic differently? Am I just impatient?

(Not sure if this should have been a new topic. Anyways- hi everyone!)
Parables
Regular Poster

Postby Polnareff on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 pm

So I posted a small introductory thread not too long ago, while I was still working on the finishing touches of my webcomic layout...but now it's all complete, and it's officially up. So this also marks the day I'll start perusing and posting in the forums more frequently.

As such, this is a more formal introduction.

My name is Adamo. I'm working on a webcomic here with my friend Ronan. We're both about 19 years old, and live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This is actually the second webcomic we've worked on together; the first was shut down due to lack of time (school and life, really). This time, though, we're here for good.

This isn't really a pitch for our comic or anything, but rather just a small shout out to anyone interested, since the real description is in the news of the first comic's page anyway...the comic we've started is entitled What if.... The idea is, of course, that we take outrageous questions you would not on a regular basis ask yourself, and answer them in a comical way. So if you'd like, check it out at...

http://whatif.comicgenesis.com

Thanks a bunch, and I hope to get to know the lot of you soon =)
~ Pol
Polnareff

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion