Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:26 am

Pwages wrote:I'm Pip. Just joined. Anything I should be looking for?

cake.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby WNM on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:12 am

Hey i'm Walt, just joined the site and been looking for somewhere to post something since don't really know what i'm doing yet :)
WNM

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:37 pm

WNM wrote:Hey i'm Walt, just joined the site and been looking for somewhere to post something since don't really know what i'm doing yet :)

if it makes you feel better there are plenty of people who've been here for years who still don't know what they're doing.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby KittyKatBlack on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 am

So, I've finally got a taste of the internet after what seems like years. It might have been years, honestly, I've never been good at keeping track of time...
Anyway, I've got some news pertaining to my internet situation and it seems I may (though it's not a definite) be getting back online more permanently within the next few weeks. Whether I'll have time to hang around like I used to is yet to be seen as my RL schedule is pretty hectic. Anyway, since I came back to check up on things after all this time, I thought I might as well make more of an appearance than just off in a random thread in OTJ. Who knows, I might even start drawing again, though I wouldn't go that far just yet. Honestly, I'm just glad I haven't been banned for inactivity or something. :D Anyway, it's good to see some familiar faces, and some new ones as well.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Terotrous on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 am

KittyKatBlack wrote:Who knows, I might even start drawing again

We're all keeping our fingers crossed.

Welcome back, Kitty, it's great to see you again.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mark333 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've been hosting my webcomic on another server for a while but I am going to try this one because my old one is pretty unreliable lol. Anyway, hi everyone! My comic will be up soon ^^
Mark333

Postby Metruis on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey, Mark! ComicGen is a great host, I've found so far. Reliable and works like a charm. I hope you like it. I love it, anyway. XD
Metruis
Regular Poster

Postby Kittenmorag on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:26 am

Hey all, I got directed here from Weregeek. This looks awesome- because I don't have enough forums to watch >.> It all looks pretty awesome though! They call me Morag

=^..^=
Kittenmorag

Postby Crazy Writer Guy on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:34 am

~Gasp~ made it through the intro thread! (OK, only 11 pages, but I'm a slow reader)

Hello all, I'm Ed. I do the writing for Industrial Powers I have a decent amount of formal art training, and can't spell to save my life. It was the natural choice to do the writing. My general style is brush pen and the occasional bit of computer art. You'll see some of it here and there in my comic.

I majored in physics in my old days back in this little university I hung out in for four years. I also seem to have studied ancient history in my spare time for two thirds of my life. You'll see that on occasion in my comic as well. I am a talented calligrapher, you will not be seeing much of that.

Since this is more for introductions than comics, I'll talk about my comic in another thread.

One last thing. I thought I knew more than I actually do about HTML. All of my previous posts have been in the help forums. I've had to contact the dark underworld of HTML to discuss problems with my web guy for another site I have. At least I didn't have to contact my higher power in IT.
Crazy Writer Guy

Postby Industrialpowersart on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:30 am

Hi. I'm Kari, the artist for Industrial Powers. I guess the rather non creative handle I picked for this indicated that, though. Anyway, I've got a bachelor's in art education k-12 and an art history minor. If it looks like I care a bit too much about fussy details, that's because I focused my training on medieval art techniques like egg tempera (so consious I was about employability!)

Anyway nice to meet you all. Hope you llike the comic.
Industrialpowersart
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:46 am

Well, this is my very first post. Man, this is all pretty complicated- my next stop is totally the help section. The name's Dreamaniac, and I've wanted to have a webcomic for forever. So I used comicgenesis. I already love it, even though some things do seem a bit complex.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Metruis on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Well, dang, a lot of people joined today!I've noticed a pitiful lack of people greeting newbies so I've taken it upon myself, from a newbie to the other newbies, to welcome everyone to ComicGenesis even if I'm almost as pitifully new as you guys. ^_^

Welcome, Morag! It's pretty awesome, yep, a lot of great people on here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Hallo, Ed! Your post made me sad that I wouldn't get to see any of your talented calligraphy. =( Calligraphy is hot. Really. I giggled over your post, anyway. Your spelling shouldn't matter as long as you spellcheck, anyway. XD Still... calligraphy and brush pen? It makes me sad that I won't get to see any of your art.

And wait, you read the entire intro thread? FINALLY! Someone as messed up in the mind as ME!

Greetings, Kari! Mmm, art history minor and art education... whee. Fussy details are fine, we've all got our own styles here. Would've loved to hear more about how you're drawing Industrial Powers, of course... ^_^ Are you painting in egg tempra? Lol.

And, last of all, welcome to Dreammaniac! I know the feeling. I would sit there and go... 'I want a webcomic'. Over and over again. I just never got off my arse and DID it. Anyway, I've found, as said before, Comic Genesis is a greaaat host for a webcomic, I'm really glad I chose it instead of DrunkDuck or something. Good luck!
Metruis
Regular Poster

Postby Industrialpowersart on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks for the greet, Metruis. Hi back!

You'll get to see Ed's art a bit in Industrial Powers- our format is twelve main plot pages per month, posted all at once, and one shot mini story pages as we feel like it. He's as likely to draw those as i am. We're using mixed media for this- the only thing that's set in stone as it were is that flashbacks and mental images are in pencil, with everything else in a more solid looking form.

Will I do egg tempera in the comic? Heck no! We like to update once in a while! But maybe I could do a poster that way, and raffle off the original or something, if there's interest.
Industrialpowersart
Regular Poster

Postby Herefishyfishy on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:57 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here and thought to introduce myself a bit.

I'm Herefishyfishy, known by friends as Fishy or Mark.

Clicking through some webcomics (*cough* ghastly ghastly comics *cough*) i found my place here and i've been keeping track of the confession thread ever since. A few weeks ago i decided to join and untill recently had no intention to post anything but this seems just a very neat place to hang out and well... thats about it hehe.

so, nice to meet you all.
Herefishyfishy

Postby Metruis on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Hey, Fishy! Welcome here! Don't worry, you're welcome even if you're just a comic reader. Enjoy the forums. Great place to chill. :D
Metruis
Regular Poster

Postby Herefishyfishy on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 am

Metruis wrote:just a comic reader

Well thank you very much for placing me in this category. hehe.

Truth is, i once thought of starting a webcomic.. but then i found out that my drawings make a three year old's doodles look like a masterpiece.

so i came to the conclusion to just read what other people make :lol:
Herefishyfishy

Postby Prettydragoon on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:13 am

Welcome new people!
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 am

Herefishyfishy wrote:
Metruis wrote:just a comic reader

Well thank you very much for placing me in this category. hehe.

Truth is, i once thought of starting a webcomic.. but then i found out that my drawings make a three year old's doodles look like a masterpiece.

so i came to the conclusion to just read what other people make :lol:

trust me, just cause you can't draw doesn't mean you can't have a comic.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Herefishyfishy on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:trust me, just cause you can't draw doesn't mean you can't have a comic.

If i can't make anything beautifull i don't see the point of putting it on the internet. do go on :)
Herefishyfishy

Postby KWill on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Lego is referring to his own comic, which, while beautiful, is not drawn.
KWill
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion