Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Postby Tinfoil on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 pm

It's far easier for them to see it because I have gone weeks without seeing some of them. I don't mind if others see it.
Tinfoil

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Okay. That makes sense. I was just wondering since I had a similar attitude about my comics when I was your age.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Farnorth on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:15 pm

hello all, I'm Jen or L.Sibreria, I'm 22, and I live in Yellowstone N'tl Park. I don't usually get to use a lot of options on the internet because its so limited out here, so besides my natural procrastination, I suck at updating. ^_^; I've been drawing and writing for a good number of years, I started back in middle school. Far North is my first project alone, normally I work with my best friend.

I've been doing anthro style for as long as I can remember, I don't know why. As far as that goes though, I'm not into yiff, or whatever its called. So the comic should be clean, except for a bit of violence. It's about a 16 year old vixen who's shunned by her tribe because of illness and runs away to protect her brother. Instead, she is lead down south by an unknown spirit, where she realizes the same illness that has spread in her tribe has been plaguing just about everywhere she goes. It becomes her quest, while learning about a whole new, bigger world, magic, and so on, to find a cure. Also there will be interjections of the story of her ancestor, which, I promise is related.

http://farnorth.comicgenesis.com Not much is there yet, and I've got a good way to go as an artist, but I hope you like what's there so far.
o_o and I need to make more pages, archive links and whatnot aren't finished yet. forgive me. I'm in the middle of redundant management training.
Farnorth

Postby SSKev on Thu May 01, 2008 9:27 am

Howdy all, Im Kev from Ireland. Thought I'd leave a message to say hello : )
SSKev

Postby May Day on Sat May 03, 2008 11:28 am

wow, hey all!

I'm.. back? Used to be on here as Snail, but I was without internets for a while, and lost my password, as well as the password for the email account i had used to sign up for my account. So.. I figured it was easier, faster, and made more sense to just sign up for a new account with my new comic and anew email... yay??

anyway, yeah just wanted to say hello :)

btw... Alter Ego's 11 is still around?? Damn.. XD
May Day
Regular Poster

Postby Jesusabdullah on Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Oh shit, you're Snail? Aack! I didn't even realize!

Welcome back.
Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Postby May Day on Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm

haha Ah well thanks you ^^ :D
May Day
Regular Poster

Postby Jpac on Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 am

....<<

....>>

I'm back? I haven't really been working on my comic in awhile. My artist still has too much school. I'm still a lazy bum who has a lot of time on my hands and many ideas but AVEM's still working the non comic grind.

So...are people still gnawing on Cope?

Oh I'm finally not a member of the Dialup Club! Would you look at that. I'll change that now.
GooseBump City - A comic about life... the life of toys anyway. (We still aren't doing anything new)
Shapes, the Unanimated Series - It's seriously just a square, a triangle, and a circle (It's arrived, but not ready to be shown)
Halloween Cameo Caper 2009 . . . Sign up.
Currently reading: Atavism - Cope wins 'cause he replied first (I can't believe it concluded!)
Brothers (and Sisters) in Joining:
Hydriatus | evelynp | Xaybiance The Weird | poporetto | ]Blaze Series | Derek Dragomir | piggylove1940 | Synaptic-misfires
(I'm only allowed five URL's, so I'll just rotate)
Jpac
Regular Poster

I have sixpack abs now! ...okay, not really

Postby Cope on Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Jpac! It's been a while,

By the way, Imageshack's started blocking the CG forums since your last visit, so you'll need to find a new host for any images you'll wanna be embedding here.

Jpac wrote:So...are people still gnawing on Cope?

NO!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Captnemo on Sat May 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Well I'm not a newcomer to Keenspace but I haven't posted since the change to comicgenesis so I'm due for a introduction post :)
Captnemo

Postby Mango on Wed May 21, 2008 10:25 am

Hello hello everybody! I'm Mango. I'm 19, live in Canada, and am in university. I've been working on my comic, Witch & Cat for a bit longer than two years. I art lots, I lurk lots, and that's about all there is to say.

I'm not new to the forum, strictly speaking; I think a posted a couple of times...waaaaay back in 2006. Whatever. Long time ago. :)
Mango

Postby Mfentz on Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm

er... umm... Image

new, but not so new... i've been here before, but i wasn't all that popular. so hiya i are here with a new id
Mfentz

Ohai

Postby Leko on Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 am

Hello forum. I return, briefly and without warning!

Look at me with all my fancy free time with the school being out and things. Isn't it special XD

How's things?
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!
Leko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon May 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Leko! welcome back.

much has changed. cept the stuff that hasn't. that's still the same.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Leko on Mon May 26, 2008 1:54 pm

New screenname, Legoman? Do you seriously have a PHD now?

I feel like I should be terrified for the fate of the world.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!
Leko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kieve on Mon May 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Hail comrades. Been lurking around a little bit, but this thread only just grabbed my eyeballs, so...
...would someone give it a poke and tell it to let go? They're starting to get sore. x.X;

Since MechaSentient is only just starting out, relatively speaking, I'm open to suggestions, both in site design (although I'm quite pleased with the current look, m'self) and in artistic quality. Having said that, MS is the most fun I've had with art in a long time... :D
Kieve
Regular Poster

Postby Rorschach on Wed May 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi, I'm Chris. Not really sure what to say here, but I've been a member of Comic Genesis since early April, but I'm just now starting make my way around the boards and the CGWiki.

Anyway, my comic can be found at http://everybodyelseisdoingit.comicgenesis.com/. I think there are about eight or nine strips posted so far, and I'm still trying to figure out how to do news updates and all that, but check it out if you're bored.

Thanks!
Rorschach

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed May 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Good book.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Metruis on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Hail and all that crap. I'm going by Metruis here, I respond to T, and Tiana, which isn't my real name but my screenname generally, and really should've just used one of them on here since that's what I'll likely go by, but meh. I wanted a familiar screenname rather than my comic's name. Which is not yet up.

I have currently completely coded a webpage, completed three strips, two more in rough pencil form and working on all the necessary extra banners while waiting for approval, which could take anywhere from a week or more, so hopefully by that point I'll have a decent buffer and I'll be able to update two or three times a week... I prefer to have a buffer of a month if possible, though I've never done a webcomic before.

I'm taking this entirely seriously. It's kind of a freaky process and I know next to nothing about it. Sure, I can write, I can draw, I can work on deadlines, and I can code a webpage--I have that, tested on multiple browsers... woo, rambling. Anyway, I'll be hopefully starting an online graphic novel, not a humorous comic, yay for yet another fantasy drama... and maybe someone besides me will enjoy it. :) If not, good learning process, I suppose.
Metruis
Regular Poster

Postby Pwages on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 am

I'm Pip. Just joined. Anything I should be looking for?
Pwages

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion