Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Postby Mercury Hat on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:09 pm

Since posting in a new forum can make some people nervous, this thread is for people to introduce themselves without having to make a new thread about it.

So, first time here? First time back after a long time? Drop a post in here and then move on out into the great, wide forum.

Regulars, you can post here, too, just don't make it more your thread than the newcomers' :D .
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby Supermans Pubes on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:15 pm

Hello I am new my Hello thread got locked unsure why but Hello to everyone.
User avatar
Supermans Pubes
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Mercury Hat on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Because I suddenly realized just how many newcomer threads we get and that it would be better to have a thread for introductions :) .
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby Supermans Pubes on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:20 pm

ok i understand now
User avatar
Supermans Pubes
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Duralict on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Hello new newcomer thread!
Image
intended for mature audiences.
User avatar
Duralict
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:21 am

Postby Black Sparrow on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Excellent idea.

Hello to all newcomers. Learn the mood of the forum before you post too much... it'll make things a lot more fun.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
 
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order

Postby JTorch on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Supermans Pubes wrote:Hello I am new my Hello thread got locked unsure why but Hello to everyone.


Because you came with three or four other accounts and had a conversation with yourself.

Seriously, thank you for finally making a thread for this. Both because there will be less clutter on the board, and because it will be easier to find new people to eat when they're all in one place. Like a roach motel, but for newbies.
Image
There's a Civilization on my Fork - Updates Sometimes
User avatar
JTorch
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Canada

...and now I'll never have to use Avery ever again. Probably

Postby Cope on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:17 pm

To all new people:

Image
Last edited by Cope on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
 
Posts: 7257
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery

Postby Serenagold on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:27 pm

you know this thread is never going to work, right? the large majority of n00bs never read the rules and/or have a complete disregard for common sense.

thats the main difference between newbies and n00bs. (I may be new, but I've been a forum moderater in the past. n00bs, sadly, usually have to have the rules pounded into them before they start to act right.)


I mean don't get me wrong, this is a great idea. I'm just saying that while you might get a few that comply, you'll still have n00bs posting welcome threads not only in general discussion, but probably in off topic, comic pitching, and god knows where else. :wink:
Image
User avatar
Serenagold
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:39 am
Location: The Newer York

Postby KWill on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:47 am

Black Sparrow wrote:Hello to all newcomers. Learn the mood of the forum before you post too much... it'll make things a lot more fun.
It'd be easier with that pamphlet, though =(
User avatar
KWill
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Disappointed

Postby Rkolter on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 am

Serenagold wrote:you know this thread is never going to work, right? the large majority of n00bs never read the rules and/or have a complete disregard for common sense.


This thread will work fine - should someone post a hello introduction thread, it can now be locked and the newbie pointed to this thread. As opposed to previously, where those threads would sit and grow.

Hello everyone new.

*hands out pamphlets and cucumber and mayo sandwiches*
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
 
Posts: 16405
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.

Postby CaptainClaude on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:29 am

Frickin' FINALLY.
User avatar
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.

Postby Supermans Pubes on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:28 am

JTorch wrote:
Supermans Pubes wrote:Hello I am new my Hello thread got locked unsure why but Hello to everyone.


Because you came with three or four other accounts and had a conversation with yourself.

Seriously, thank you for finally making a thread for this. Both because there will be less clutter on the board, and because it will be easier to find new people to eat when they're all in one place. Like a roach motel, but for newbies.


I hate to say this and make you wrong, but I was did not start 3-4 accounts and carry on conversation with myself, I am sure you think everyone here has nothing better to do than stoopid sheet like that but I started one account this one and talked to others who also joined. If you want I am sure there is a admin or someone who can tell that those accounts did not all originate from my computer.
User avatar
Supermans Pubes
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Laemkral on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:26 am

I'm sure. Because the similarity of names, the identical join dates, even the styles of speech matching....no way those could indicate you're the same person.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3268
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Postby Phact0rri on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:25 am

thank you Merc!
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
 
Posts: 5775
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????

Postby Sortelli on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:52 am

It is so rad that everyone is taking Superman's Pubes completely seriously. XD

Me, I wanna know if the Fantastic Foreskin has any good stock tips.
User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible

Postby The Mortician on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 am

What a way to start a introduction thread off. :lol:
User avatar
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 pm

Postby Garneta on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:45 pm

phact0rri wrote:thank you Merc!


rkolter wrote:*hands out pamphlets and cucumber and mayo sandwiches*


*Hands out sandwiches that actually taste good*

Also, hello to all the new ones!
Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
 
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Postby Supermans Pubes on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Wow glad to see you had time to step away from whatever you do all day to break out the home CSI kit and come to a wrong conclusion of me being all 3 or 4 of the names you speak of, dig deeper Grissom the truth is out there.
User avatar
Supermans Pubes
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Laemkral on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Supermans Pubes wrote:Wow glad to see you had time to step away from whatever you do all day to break out the home CSI kit and come to a wrong conclusion of me being all 3 or 4 of the names you speak of, dig deeper Grissom the truth is out there.


So then you DO work for the KGB!!!

Ignoring the fact that your screen name is wildly inappropriate, I'd rather hear the above "You're wrong" from an admin who can see your IP and other data before accepting that there really are multiple people. I mean, the coincidences just keep stacking up.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3268
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Next

 

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot and 1 guest

cron