Guest comics for links--you know the deal.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Guest comics for links--you know the deal.

Post by TRI »

Not sure this is the most appropriate forum for this--moderators, feel free to move it if it isn't.

I had a couple hiatuses (hiati?) last year, and am not eager to have more, but I'm going on vacation for a few weeks in September. So I'm putting out a general call for guest comics. I've put an announcement on my site but since it's not superpopular I figure I might have better results asking in a place where internet-comic-drawer-people gather.

I'd like about twelve comics. If I get less I'll post two a week or something, if I get more extras will still be used. Only real condition is that it be PG-13ishly rated so that it matches the rating of the rest of my comic. (And that I, y'know, get it before I go on vacation, of course.)

In exchange, you get a link to your comic in my archives, where tens of readers will see your work.

So whata ya say? Want to help out a fellow internet-comic-drawer-person in need and get some hits for your own comic?
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: The Pantry
Contact:

Post by EmergencyExit »

I'll try to make one for you, I might have to hunt me down a writer for it, but one way or other there shall be one.

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

Your comic is pretty cool, so I will draw something probably next week! :D
Image Image

User avatar
Biev
Regular Poster
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Post by Biev »

I'm halfway through your archives and I can't stop giggling. I'll make you some fan art as soon as I get all caught up ;o)

User avatar
Laundromatcomics
Regular Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Sure, I've done some time...what of it?
Contact:

Post by Laundromatcomics »

I'll definitely make you one.
Image

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Woo! Thanks people! That's already one-third of my vacation at regular update schedule.

Even if I am counting my guest comics before they hatch.

(Oh, and thanks for the kind words too.)
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock
Contact:

Post by Garneta »

I'll definately draw you one; yours was one of the comics that I read before I ever started my own.
Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Thanks Kat!

That, plus a couple of people who emailed me, puts me just over the halfway mark to not missing an update.

(Once everyone draws them all of course.)
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Biev
Regular Poster
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Post by Biev »

Mine's drawn, but I'm not satisfied with it. I may have to re-ink it. I'm not too good with punchlines, so I'm going for pretty art ;o)
Either way, you'll have it by the end of the week... or if everything goes right, tomorrow.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Definately like your comic. I'll see what can be done. Good thing you put it up so early.

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Thanks Vorticus.

This is looking like it's going to be an interesting lineup.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Kasaii
Regular Poster
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Kasaii »

I'd love to do one for you, if you don't mind my idiosyncratic pixel art. ;)
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Patchwork Champions. Note to self: You cannot read by laserlight.

User avatar
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: The Pantry
Contact:

Post by EmergencyExit »

PM'ed you mine, I love your comic btw!

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

TRI wrote:Thanks Vorticus.

This is looking like it's going to be an interesting lineup.
Interesting doesn't even begin to describe it...

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Kasaii wrote:I'd love to do one for you, if you don't mind my idiosyncratic pixel art. ;)
Well, as long as it's idiosyncratic, sure.
EmergencyExit wrote:PM'ed you mine, I love your comic btw!
:D

Great! Thanks!
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock
Contact:

Post by Garneta »

Just finished mine, and PMed it.
Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Thanks Kat!

The Coffee Hunter fans will love it.
Yes, there is one.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Mr. Caravaggio
Regular Poster
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:28 pm

Post by Mr. Caravaggio »

Yeesh, someome asking for guest spots that actually has a reeeally substantial archive. Took me a while, but I actually read it.

Anyway, are you requesting actual strips, or just art relating to the comic? I liked a few moments (though I fear you'll already be get 11 squirrel comics and 1 coffee hunter) and might wish to contribute to your cause.

User avatar
Biev
Regular Poster
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Post by Biev »

Gah! I can't get this to come out right at all. I want to do your comic justice.
>.<

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Caravaggio:
Either actual strips or art is fine, although I suspect readers would expect comics since that's what they usually get. Really 'though, I'm not picky in that regard.

And, although the Squirrel and Coffee Hunter are certainly popular, I predict that it's beer that's going to be the most common guest comic element. (Just a hunch really.)

Biev:
What's ironic is that you've probably already put more effort into doing justice to my comic than I do in drawing it. Your efforts are much appreciated.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

Post Reply