The Say Something Nice About the Person Above Thread™

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

The Say Something Nice About the Person Above Thread™

Post by Cortland »

Someone did this once before, and I thought it was time to do it again, so here it is: a thread full of Positive Things about ComicGenesis and the people we know here! I'll start it off with something nice about this place in general: I love it! :D

I found Keenspace back in 2004 when I was depressed, unemployed, and browsing around the web for nothing in particular. I had been already been drawing Cortland on a monthly basis since 2002, but keeping all the pages and links updated by hand was a pain in the butt. When I found out I could use this Autokeen thing for free, I was all in. Being unemployed left me lots of free time sitting and waiting for the phone to ring and lots of stress to work off, so I started drawing on a weekdaily basis. Once I found another job, I kept doing my comic to get more practice and to improve.

What I never would have expected was that I'd make a bunch of great new friends online here. I feel honored to know such a great group of talented artists whose feedback and encouragement have kept me motivated in drawing my comic every weekday. That includes Komiyan, Mr. Bob, K-Dawg, Legostar, Starline, Dutch, Ryan and Beth Kolter, Jim and Kat North, Soap, CJ, KrisX, RYClaude, Tdot, Humbug, Birdie, Netpoet, LibertyCabbage and a bunch of others too numerous to mention (you’re awesome, too! Not leaving you out on purpose--I just can’t type all afternoon!)

Now it's your turn!
Image Image

Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Post by Prettysenshi »

I don't know Cortland that well, but he's really involved with the other forumites, especially with the Cornstalker dudes. :D He's easy to talk to, and as far as I know, doesn't hold any grudges with people.

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

Senshi has a good clean optimistic spirit which is handy in the modern bummed out world, and a refreshing counterplay to when iI'm being a nasty old sod.

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

ryclaude is OUTRAGED. and awesome. his posts alone routinely crack me up, and his art astonishes me. not that it neccessarily takes a lot to astonish me, as I can only draw stick figures. but his art is noticeably pretty. and he likes Hellboy enough to make a parody comic, so he earns a nightcrawler smilie. Image

SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Post by SergeXIII »

grabmygoblin is awesome because he has the awesome super power of transforming New Coke into Regular Coke. He may not know it now for it lay dormant inside him at the moment, but when Coca Cola brings back its sinister campaign in 2023 only grabmygoblin can destroy the sucknitude that threatens our taste buds all while leaving enough for things like awesome little reffernces in certain animes.

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

Serge has a good ability to mistake people for genders they are not. Serge does however seemt know how to use Roman numerals which is a step above quite a few people in my book, and helps lessen the detractor of making up things about people when trying to say nice things

Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Post by Keffria »

Claude has the strangest and most awesome sense of humour EVAR. And I adore his art -- Reckless Youth is one of maybe five or six webcomics that I actually read when they update, rather than allowing a buffer to build up.

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

Keffia's avatars always make me smile. Especially that one with the coins :D

Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Robin Pierce »

Keffy is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. She never says anything bad about others, and she always breathes fresh life into a conversation.

On top of that, her art is fantastic and she's adorable =3 <3 keff.

Edit: because I didn't type fast enough:

Rock's awesome :D He DM's a fantabulously fun DnD game, and he always has time to lend an ear. He cares about people, and keeps going through thick and thin. Lots of <3 to Rock too. :D
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link

Marverick
Regular Poster

Post by Marverick »

I dont know pierce that well since i dont read the forum that often but damn! i wish i could draw like that! That art puts mine to shame....and that avatar is cute as heck ^_^

Also, zombie hunter suporters are okay in my book!
Ace-147: Space is overrated

The Snoo
Regular Poster

Post by The Snoo »

Marverick has many good points, chief among them being his appreciation of good art, and his apparent hate of the undead.
- I am The Snoo -

The truth is out there. I think it's following me.

You know, the paranoid poeple are gonna be the first ones to notice the invasion of the the space communists. Think about that.

The only things worth taking seriously are the ones that aren't important enough to joke about.

I like it when women yell at me. Angry ladies are sexay ladies.

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

ryclaude wrote:Serge has a good ability to mistake people for genders they are not. Serge does however seemt know how to use Roman numerals which is a step above quite a few people in my book, and helps lessen the detractor of making up things about people when trying to say nice things
did I forget to mention how very much ryclaude rocks my socks?

The Snoo is a pretty new member here. we seem to have calmed his paranoid rantings down, and he is shaping up to be a great member and positive addition to the community.

but he is sadly mistaken, there is, in fact, lots of cheese. *munch munch munch*

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

Grabmygoblin's dedication to the X-Men - Nightcrawler in particular - is highly commendable. She also looks awesome with blue hair.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

Jim North wrote:Grabmygoblin's dedication to the X-Men - Nightcrawler in particular - is highly commendable. She also looks awesome with blue hair.
And Jim North just looks awesome in blue. Period.

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Rock's a sweet guy who's good for a snuggle. As long as it's a manly snuggle.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mvmarcz »

sparrow is a fun girl whose attitude is refreshing among the garden variety internet dwellers
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

M2 is the most fun, talented, sexy girl in this place, and someday, yes someday, I will convince her to leave her man and run away with me. Someday...
Image Image

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

I applaud Lady Nanda for tirelessly keeping Stinky distracted so he doesn't end up devouring us all with his monstrous creations.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

Sincerely
Ice Queen

Post by Sincerely »

Jim calls everyone sir or lady. How awesome is that?

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Sincerely has an eyepatch, and those rock.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage