Artist/Writer Classified Ads

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Artist/Writer Classified Ads

Postby hetfdex on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm

This is an unpaid position. I have no money to pay anyone for any work at this point.

Hello,

My name's Jose and I'm a writer based in London. I'm looking for an artist to collaborate with on a graphic novel I'm currently developing.

The book will be a 12-issue re-imagining of Joan Of Arc's life where the focus is put on a quest Joan needs to complete in order to save the world from dark forces. In my version of events Joan is a sword-fighting bad-ass trying to keep Satan and his army from conquering Earth. Rest assured, she still dies on the pyre.
There's quite a few flashbacks in the first few issues to give a more complete picture of why Joan is the way she is but that'll stop once the main storyline gets going. Right now I'm done working on the finishing touches for issue #2, I've written a bit of issue #3 and what I need is someone to help me out with the art side of things. I'd like to get some character sketches going and then start working on issue #1 properly.

I want to submit the book to publishers but I also have a plan for low-cost, online publishing. I've recruited a small but dedicated group of friends that are helping me and all I need now is a great artist to help me make this book a reality.

I'm looking for realism with a punch. The book is set in France in the 1400s and I'd like it to look plausible but that doesn't mean everything has to be period accurate.
I have some specific ideas for certain scenes and characters but I'm very open to input on how to best bring this story to life. I aim to give the artist(s) full reign on how best to draw the story.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in being part of let me know and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Jose Pereira
hetfdex@gmail.com
hetfdex

Postby Doug_Hoffman on Mon May 27, 2013 3:52 pm

If you're an artist looking for a story with great characters, a lot of action, and some very strange settings, then you might want to check out Gator & Shark Save the World (http://amzn.to/115PmJc). I'm hosting a giveaway tomorrow, 5/28/13 -- this is a free Kindle ebook. I'd like to discuss with an interested artist the possibility of turning Gator & Shark into a webcomic. This would be a speculative venture, but if you think there's any ad money to be made from this project, you'd be welcome to all of it.

The novel is an *older* young adult science fiction (lots of foul language, some sexual situations and gay characters, some violence and death). It concerns Shark (a 15-year-old girl), her alcoholic father (who is a US senator, and soon to be president), her grandfather, Gator (a former Secret Service agent with a few secrets in his past), and TEOTWAWKI*. There are religious fundamentalists, doomsday preppers, a Nazi scientist making trouble from beyond the grave, and a number of electromagnetic entities deriving their power from the earth's core. Really, really fun stuff.

I'm open-minded to artistic style -- even austere pencil-and-paper would be fine.

Bear in mind, please, that while I read webcomics, I'm not familiar with the world of webcomics from the artist's side. I'm a writer, and I think this story lends itself to this medium. If you take a look at my novel and agree with its potential, email me so that we can discuss this further: hoffmandscott@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Doug

*The end of the world as we know it. Hey, it's a doomsday prepper acronym :)
Doug_Hoffman

Postby Kruez on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm a pretty good artist and I've been told I have a lot of potential. I haven't really kept track of a lot of my drawings, but I'm improving fast and I mean fast. I'm 15 years old and I feel like doing a comic would be a great learning experience for me. My style is pretty unique and I can draw pretty fast. Though, when marching band starts I won't have a large amount of time on my hands. Since I'm still young and most likely not what most people would be looking for I'd prefer it if my writer was still improving as well and feels it would be a good learning experience for them as well. I'm okay with any story really, nothing too dark though because my style probably won't suit that. So, if you're interested, email me at boxofplagues77@yahoo.com

Sample Image

(link if the picture didn't load http://kruezx.tumblr.com/image/52261623344) I know they said no doodles, but I doodled anyway.

Deviantart (I just changed my account, so there's only like 2 pictures)- http://boxofplagues.deviantart.com/
Kruez

Postby Kruez on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm an aspiring artist and I've been told I have a lot of potential. I'm 15 years old and I'm improving faster and faster. My art style is pretty unique and I can draw well pretty fast. I've never done anything like this before, so I think this will be a great learning experience! Since I'm probably not the ideal artist, I'm looking for a writer that thinks this could be a great learning experience as well! I have a lot of time on my hands now, but when marching band starts I won't have nearly as much time. As for the stories I'm into drawing for I'm really up for anything, but nothing too dark because my style won't fit that at all. So, if you're interested please email me boxofplagues77@yahoo.com

Sample (it said not to doodle but I doodled) http://kruezx.tumblr.com/image/52261623344

Deviantart (There's only 2 pictures on there now) http://boxofplagues.deviantart.com/
Kruez

Postby Scentedwiind on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Well then, I'm new to the forms so forgive any misgivings or inappropriate conduct as it were. I am a general artist who dabbles in painting, poetry and writing etc. My issue seems to be that I have too many good ideas and never the courage to follow them up but this will come into play later. I have, currently, a very long and somewhat complex universe floating about in my head and I would love to put it into a visual medium, that of comics, and would appreciate another artist with a better set of skills in the drawing department than I do to help me bring to life the fantastical world bubbling up to the surface. Now I have, in mind, an ever expanding story that is becoming solidified and written down meaning that I have a complete story arch but would love to have wiggle room artistically to work and grow the piece which I doubt would be possible once submitted or accepted by a comic publisher who might demand something that would hinder the artistry. Which brings me to the second and arguably more important part of the discussion.

I would love to work with another creative individual with some amount of talent to help me create the vicious and violent world I have in my head. It would be both a character piece between two main characters who grow to become great friends through hardship as well as a world building piece with a dark and tense environment on the eave of war. The world might be called standard western fantasy though I despise that term. It is applicable only in the broadest sense in that the universe is based on a historical period of world history with fantastical elements. The world is based visually and politically on the Roman Empire with battling religious factions and political ones as well vying for power in a darkening world brought about by mutual human destruction. I would love to hear from artists who are looking for an interesting piece of world building which leaves for a lot of creative wiggle room meaning that the artist would need to work within the bounds of the universe while creating as well. There is, of course, no money upfront for the work though I hate to say it unless it is picked up by a publisher. I would love for this to become a massive series of comics forming a set of three graphic novels worth of material as I have, in my head, enough of a single character to create a three part series of novels but there is, until anyone wishes to read it, nothing but practice to be had here.

If you like the idea of a western fantasy in a universe as free, open, and as interesting as the greats of classic fantasy writing, please pm me with questions or samples of work with a realistic or western style art. I would love to collaborate with another mind like my own and to bring to life, something so real to me. I, of course, have a sample of my work and even a full transcript to a first issue which needs some tweaking but is otherwise complete, or a set of the original stories which I have adapted from.
Scentedwiind

Postby Scentedwiind on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm

It seems that my earlier attempt to post has failed so this is my second attempt and, hopefully, the one that works out. I am an aspiring writer of fiction and have, for the past 6 months, been working tirelessly on a fictional universe based on historical Rome with modern fantastical elements. It is a violent, and blood soaked realm which I would love to turn into the visual medium of comic books. Sadly, I have no real experience in the field other than my raw writing talent and flair for the visual so I am in great need of someone to assist me, in a manner of speaking, in creating my work visually in a Western realistic style. The world is dark and tense, on the edge of war with itself and others and I have a well of stories to tell once I finally get my foot in the door as it were.

It is several years before the Empire of Man wages a fierce war against the natives of the Bulgaeya region, south of the borders of the Empire near the colonies. A young man named Harmonius and fellow members of the crusader like religious organization called the Order of Saint Mark. Harmonius and his partner Titus scour the world for dark forces which have begun to gather in the far reaches of the Empire and threaten to destroy it through religious and political unrest all while being hunted by other more sinister involved in a massive political conspiracy that threatens to undermine their friendship and Harmonius' future.

I would love to work with a comic illustrator who is willing to help greatly in the creation and development of the visual aspect with a fair amount of creative freedom as there is still much to flesh out with the right creative partner. There would be no money upfront so I would hope for someone willing to experiment and work creatively rather than labor intensely for a deadline though there is great potential, from my perspective and those fellow readers I have gathered, in the work and the universe. Meaning that eventually there is the hope that working with another and distributing a series of comics based on my stories which I have written and am currently revising as well as expanding, at which point there would be the possibility of money. As it stands, this work is simply something I see potential enough to find others to help me bring it to life.

If you are interested, please send me a pm or email at DanielKelly60@yahoo.com. I know it may sound a little bit silly from the description but this is compiling pages upon pages of text and story into a single bite sized portion, the actually story involves many moving parts and interesting concepts in morality, as well as fun action scenes.
Scentedwiind

Postby EClark29 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm looking for an artist for an on-going series that I'm looking to launch called Alex: Enemy of Hell.

Summary

The series is a horror-comedy about two childhood friends and the slacker son of Satan fighting the forces of hell with cured meats, Lynyrd Skynyrd and bitchin' motorcycle chases. The comic is an absurdist take on the paranormal investigation genre. It's like Buffy/Angel meets Monty Python.

Sample

It'd be easiest for me to just share the document in private. I do most of my drafting on either Google Doc or Celtx.

Contact Info

My email is [url]evanclarkcomedy@gmail.com[/url]. PM's will work as well.

Expectations

I'd like to get at least one issue done to pitch around, but the sky is the limit in terms of what I'm willing to do with the right collaborator.

Style

I'm open to a lot of styles, but I don't feel as though the Anime/Manga style will work with the comic.
EClark29

Postby Tomazooma2099 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:30 am

Hi, guys!

I’m looking for an artist to draw a 12-page Fantastic Four tale.

It’s one of those substitute FF stories where the original four are dead, disbanded or in need of rescue. In this case, the replacement roster comprises Mole Man, Firestar, Spiral and Wyatt Wingfoot. This iteration of the FF has to stop an invasion from the Dark Dimension, whose first wave hits the Galapagos Islands. It’s also a parallel universe story, as the events don’t take place on Earth-616.

It’s a fun romp with the emphasis on interactions between characters. It has action and it has a multitude of Marvel characters you wouldn’t put in the same book. The stakes are high and the backdrop colorful and exotic.

I see the book as a mixture of 2 comic book eras: 60s Marvel and 80s Marvel. Hopefully though, it’s more than just a shameless reenactment of those great comic book periods. The real idea is to mix the ingredients (such as character traits, powers and situations) so that even without the presence of the original quartet, it’s still very much a Fantastic Four story.

When I write, I see pictures. To know how I envision the story, I will simply say that while I was writing this story, the pictures were by Art Adams, Nick Bradshaw, Ed McGuinness, Bob Oksner and David Petersen.

Now, to cap this post off with a shock ending – unfortunately, this is a non-profit offer. But, the idea is to keep doing something with the story once it’s done – posting it (or bits of it online), showing it to people, telling people you’ve read a cool FF story, pitching it, obviously to Marvel as it is set in that universe.

If anyone is interested, e-mail me at peteyparko@yahoo.pl. I’ll be happy to provide writing samples, the script and/or all the necessary info, whatever it might be.

Cheers,
Peter
Tomazooma2099

Postby Tomazooma2099 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 am

Hi, guys!

I’m looking for an artist to draw a 12-page Fantastic Four tale.

It’s one of those substitute FF stories where the original four are dead, disbanded or in need of rescue. In this case, the replacement roster comprises Mole Man, Firestar, Spiral and Wyatt Wingfoot. This iteration of the FF has to stop an invasion from the Dark Dimension, whose first wave hits the Galapagos Islands. It’s also a parallel universe story, as the events don’t take place on Earth-616.

It’s a fun romp with the emphasis on interactions between characters. It has action and it has a multitude of Marvel characters you wouldn’t put in the same book. The stakes are high and the backdrop colorful and exotic.

I see the book as a mixture of 2 comic book eras: 60s Marvel and 80s Marvel. Hopefully though, it’s more than just a shameless reenactment of those great comic book periods. The real idea is to mix the ingredients (such as character traits, powers and situations) so that even without the presence of the original quartet, it’s still very much a Fantastic Four story.

When I write, I see pictures. To know how I envision the story, I will simply say that while I was writing this story, the pictures were by Art Adams, Nick Bradshaw, Ed McGuinness, Bob Oksner and David Petersen.

Now, to cap this post off with a shock ending – unfortunately, this is a non-profit offer. But, the idea is to keep doing something with the story once it’s done – posting it (or bits of it online), showing it to people, telling people you’ve read a cool FF story, pitching it, obviously to Marvel as it is set in that universe.

If anyone is interested, e-mail me at peteyparko@yahoo.pl. I’ll be happy to provide writing samples, the script and/or all the necessary info, whatever it might be.

Cheers,
Peter
Tomazooma2099

Postby tonyblitz1 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Summary of your comic idea:
Real robot genre, based as often as possible around real life events in war.. only with mecha. The Story follows three young pilots, each from a different faction of the war. There will be much gray morality.

A link to your writing sample:
http://www.mangamagazine.net/forum/posts/list/2054.page

Contact information.
no preference

Expectation of the artist.
I usually have very clear and distinct pictures and dialog in my head, but since nobody can read my mind I will simply do my best to communicate my ideas as clearly as possible. That is part of my responsibility after all.

Preferred drawing style.
manga, western, realistic as long as the characters, settings, and mechs have the right look to them. I could care less.
tonyblitz1

Postby AdamsUniverse on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:00 am

Hello there, potential artist. My name is Adam and I'm a student with lots of ideas and little free time. I have a constant flow of creative stories but little time to create them. That's where you come in. I have an idea for a webcomic that I have time to write but not enough time to draw.

The Genre for the idea is High Fantasy but it's a particular subversion. It follows the lives of a half dozen college-aged villagers. There'll be action, drama, a web of love shapes, with a punchline or a drama beat at the end of each strip.

Writing is underway right now, but I plan for a few story arcs all taking place across a 104 strip lifespan. The strips would be released 2 a week for one year time with the potential for renewing our agreement down the line. I have a particular pay rate in mind that I do not wish to disclose to the public.

If you are interested or have an questions, send me an email at: adamthe1andonly@gmail.com with a link to some of your previous work. Hope that we can become good friends through the process of this comic!

~Adam.
adamthe1andonly@gmail.com
AdamsUniverse

Postby chaselanez on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Hello,

I am looking for an artist that is interested in collaborating on a graphic novel/ One Shot. It is a super hero story, but there are no super powers. It is a "First Encounter" story involving two heroes that discover each other. One of the heroes is the very "All American" stereo type and the other is much darker. The two have the same goal in mind but their moral codes lead to conflict between them. There is also a villain present throughout the narrative to give the story another angle. I have much of the story written, the characters are trademarked, and there are conceptual drawings available for character references. I already have a colorist that is ready to work, if need be, and we are looking to submit this comic to Dark Horse and/or Image Comics. This story is a prequel to a story that I am already working on for Dark Horse and Comixology. There is already a deal in place with comixology upon completion of this prequel comic as well. All proceeds will be split fairly as this will be a team/group venture. I have more details about the story that i can forward onto you if interested.

I can be contacted via this post or via email michael.lamont.pearson@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon.
chaselanez

Postby Drakelb on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 am

Hello,
I am a self-published writer (http://www.indyplanet.com/front/?product=36306) currently working on a new web series project called Dr. Bernstein-Super Being Therapist. The series consists of short 1 page "therapy sessions" between various exaggerated super type icons and stoic therapist Dr. Bernstein. For some preliminary work and general idea of the art direction, please see link attached.

Unfortunately at the moment this a none-paid gig, with a potential kickstarter ready if enough interest is produced and talent on board.

https://imgur.com/a/FCwbr

Interested parties please e-mail me Drakelb@gmail.com
Drakelb

Postby Drakelb on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 am

Hello,
I am a self-published writer (http://www.indyplanet.com/front/?product=36306) currently working on a new web series project called Dr. Bernstein-Super Being Therapist. The series consists of short 1 page "therapy sessions" between various exaggerated super type icons and stoic therapist Dr. Bernstein. For some preliminary work and general idea of the art direction, please see link attached.

Unfortunately at the moment this a none-paid gig, with a potential kickstarter ready if enough interest is produced and talent on board.

https://imgur.com/a/FCwbr

Interested parties please e-mail me Drakelb@gmail.com
Drakelb

Previous

Return to General Discussion