Artist/Writer Classified Ads

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Comic Book Artist For Hire!

Postby sonburnt on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:25 pm

My name is Joe Badon.

I am a published and self published comic book and comic strip artist.

I am currently looking for work.

My page rate is completely negotiable depending on your budget.

You can check out my portfolio at:

Joebadon.blogspot.com

You can contact me at:

Sonburnt@juno.com

Or: by phone: 504-287-5731

Thank you,

Joe Badon
sonburnt

Re: Artist/Writer Classified Ads

Postby Ari_bri on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm looking for an artist for a graphic novel. The novel is a horror/revenge story about a 21 year old who was kidnapped, her capture a Mob boss's son starved her and forced into cannibalism. After escaping she tires to live a normal life but she can no longer eat normal food. She decides to get revenge on the people who made her a monster. The narration is split between the 21 year old and the cop who found her after her escape. The story is a twist on the wendigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo) myth and a twisted love story.

I want a more realistic style and will be working in comic book script format. The script points out what I want to highlight in the panel but it is open for interpretation. I dont really want to put a link but if you email me at abthomas@wesleyan.edu and I would be happy to provide a sample.
Ari_bri

I am a writer in search for an artist.

Postby organanon on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

My name is Jay Burch, a 25-year-old comic writer from a Loganville, Georgia-based non-profit, charitable organization called GIRAF Network, looking for an artist for my script, The Adventures of Colorman. Here is a brief plot of the whole first volume:

There is a war between art and the terror of grayness in futuristic America. Fortunately, with the assistance from a teen genius, Art Smith, President Phil Rolfe of the Harvard University of Georgia, and his entrepreneur wife, Helen, the co-president of the Smith-Rolfe Company, it’s up to the greatest teenage genius that ever lived, Isaac Onuwitz, and his friends, known as the Worldwide Light League Organization, otherwise known as the English Sun League Society to save the day from the revengeful anti-team, the Graydom of Terror, soon to become the Blackdom of Armageddon, led by Gregory Grayson, and a Dark Academy led by Lucifer’s first son, Heckarano. (Heckarano is orally introduced in the fourteenth issue, and physically introduced in the final issue of the volume.)

My previous artist, Felicia Taylor, had to leave the project for financial reasons. She lived in Georgia for three years before moving back to New Jersey. Felicia was very cooperative, perfectly took direction, and put my story in comic form precisely how I saw it. We finished four pages, but when we were brainstorming on the fifth page, Felicia's finances weren't going too well. So despite our business and how well things were going with the story, she decided to resign from her partnership with me. Now, I'm asking if you would like to help me start over from scratch. It's also okay if you want to continue from where Felicia left off, if you can match the art from the first four attachments below.

If you are interested, then you can contact me back via email at burchland2@aol.com or by phone at (770) 880-8492.

Thanks,
Jay Burch
Attachments
Colorman PG1.JPG
(387.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Colorman PG2.JPG
Colorman PG2.JPG (98.37 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Colorman PG3.jpg
Colorman PG3.jpg (112.75 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
organanon

Artist wanted for first time comic writer

Postby Garycomicsalford on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 pm

I have an uinteresting idea for a comic and want a artist co writer to make it come to realiation. I you post a pm to me then that wouild be super.
Garycomicsalford

Postby Jennifer_Marie on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

I am a writer, previously hired by NPC, now working for mythedge.com

My story is a serious paranormal social drama. I do not have a writing sample online, but always willing to PM or e-mail a first issue script.

The company pays on commission, 50/50 split between artist and writer.

I am willing to pay 250$ for the first issue myself, and will likely in the future pay for commissions.

I am open to styles, so long as I feel they fit the work, though I prefer types that are not very anime influenced.
Jennifer_Marie

Postby juanromera on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Juan. Im a comic artist and im actually looking for more work.
I an do pencils, inks and digital color (full color or greyscale).

I use Wester Union as payment method and all prices are negotiable, just send me an email and we`ll talk.

For comic artwork, my rates are the following:

Pencilled and ink page: $35
Pencilled, ink page and gray tones: 45
Full page (pencils, inks and color): $55

Thanks a lot, and if youre interested, dont hesitate to write to juanromera(at)gmail.com.

My portfolio: http://www.juanromera.com
juanromera

Postby TobyMobias on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm looking for an artist for a humor-based superhero comic.

SKAMAN
  • Using powers given to him by the God of Superhero Origins, middle-of-nowhere fry cook Aaron Jacobs becomes the Skankin' Skaman as he battles hipster zombies, costumed thieves, and your run-of-the-mill evil executive types.
  • The comic is something of a parody of 'singing superheroes' like Nightcat or Dazzler (both Marvel, if I'm not mistaken), and many of the characters originated in a jukebox musical I wrote my freshman year of high school using second and third-wav ska songs instead of original tunes, inspired mostly by the film "Across the Universe", as well as the music itself.
  • Here's a link to the script for the first few pages I've written. (Microsoft Word .doc file) Critique is much appreciated :3
  • Feel free to contact me through the forum, or, preferably, MSN messenger or Skype.
  • I'm having a friend come up with rough designs of the main cast, and I can describe any character as requested, but I much prefer to let the artist have fun with it.
  • I prefer an art style similar to Bruce Timm's animated DC Universe, but I'll pretty much take anything over manga-style (no offense to manga-style artists; I just see enough of that on the interwebs and in my friends' artwork)

Feel free to PM or IM for more information.
This message was written by someone who is not of sound mind. If you agreed with anything written above, please seek medical help immediately.
TobyMobias

Published writer seeking artist for horror/noir submission

Postby msebastian83 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:57 am

I'm a published writer seeking an artist for an original horror/noir comic to submit to publishers. Only 10 pgs and a cover would be needed initially for a submission package. This has some great series potential and is an excellent opportunity to break into the industry professionally. Unfortunately, I am unable to offer any pay upfront, this would be a backend deal. Email msebastian83@gmail.com with samples.
msebastian83

Postby unknownwriter on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Im looking for a artist to work with on a new hudge comic story ive worked on, i've been workin on the story for a whilre and am really excited about it...i can't pay any 1 but i want to make the comic big so if your intrested i can tell you more about thr story just email me on philrollett@hotmail.co.uk
unknownwriter

Postby ladylargebottom on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:16 pm

* Summary of your comic idea.
The basic premise is that there is trouble brewing between two monster factions - the goblins and the kobolds. To prevent a war from breaking out, five slaves are sent out as emissaries to keep things from boiling over. If they succeed, they'll be set free to do as they wish. If they fail (or attempt to simply run away without even trying), they'll be killed remotely via magic. The main characters are a mix of humanoids and monsters. The world runs on RPG mechanics, but it isn't the main focus of the story.
The entire thing isn't fully scripted out, since I like a certain amount of flexibility between story arcs, but I did structure everything on a timeline, and I have a place where the story can be definitively ended, or continued if there is continuing interest from the artist and/or community.

* A link to your writing sample
I'm not quite sure exactly what is expected of me here... checking back on previous posts has revealed people linking fully blown out stories, links to scripts, or nothing at all. In exchange, I can offer this link and hope that it is what you are looking for. I've got both "script" and "story" snippets there, as well as a few other odds and ends. If you prefer one style over another, I can flesh it out for you in your favored style
http://the-silver-road.blogspot.com/

* Contact information.
Contacting me through either this site via PM or through email (christimarieob(@)gmail(.)com) would be best.

* Expectation of the artist.
I like to consider myself fairly flexible and easy going. If it is easier for you to have a point of reference, I've got two or three pages roughly drawn up that I can scan, and could do more for you, or if you find it easier to interpret my words into art that is fine too

* Preferred drawing style.
Being that it is an RPG mechanics world, I'm not really looking for realistic style, but I am looking for a style that lends itself to a big world with a serious story. There are humorous bits here and there, but at the same time, the characters are fully fleshed out with hopes and dreams and motivations, and I'd rather not have the audience forget that. The only thing I *DO* need is somebody who can draw monsters. If you can't draw snouts we may have an issue :P
ladylargebottom

Postby jeffclemens9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:53 am

Hello, my name is Jeff Clemens and I'm an artist interested in looking to work with a writer.

I prefer to work on Sci Fi/Horror type books, but I'm open to any style and I can be quite diversified.

I pencil/ink a page a day and I am also capable of lettering; both digital or hand lettered. I don't color my own work but I can do grey tones which would take an additional half a day per page. Prices are based on project.

You can view my portfolio at http://jeffclemens.daportfolio.com/ You can also view my website at http://www.jeffclemens.com

You can contact me at jeffclemens@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing back.

Jeff Clemens
Attachments
a7d7bc43d7d5b09c16c1f999054f4558.jpg
a7d7bc43d7d5b09c16c1f999054f4558.jpg (239.7 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
jeffclemens9

Postby rwcastromiller on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

I have developed a really cool, easy to market comic book for young adults and teens that I will self publish soon, I need a fun, hip artist who wants to help me bring this vision to life. We are talking about a lot of input and collaboration. You would control all rights to the art and I would control the concepts and intellectual property. Anytime the art is needed for a t-shirt, action figure or merch of any kind, you would have say so and get a tasty profit. I want a partner and a friend for this, not an art monkey. So lets work together and kick some ass. Full details will be given when you respond

Serious replies only, please

Thanks!

Ryan
rwcastromiller

artist needed for clowes/tomine style graphic novel (paid)

Postby kris20 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi, I'm looking for an artist to collaborate with on a graphic novel project. I have a track record as a published novelist and screenwriter, and have an agent who we can use when it's time for submissions. Now I just need a brilliant artist. Please only respond if you love at least one of these: Adrian Tomine, Daniel Clowes, Jeff Lemire, Craig Thompson, Jaime Hernandez. This is a paid job. Please email if you would like to read the script/get more details. Thanks very much. krs216@hotmail.com
kris20

Cartoon Illustrator

Postby IVstudios on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 am

I've had some luck with this thread in the past, so I though'd I'd put up an actual post and whore out my skills a little.

Me:
I've been on these forums for a few years, but for any new people coming to this thread I'll introduce myself. I'm an Illustrator. I've done a bunch of personal comic work and some character designs and freelance illustration.

What I do:
I work in a cartoony, colorful style (see samples below). I'll do pretty much any kind of single or multiple page illustrations. I also do comic work, but only if it has a reasonable number of pages set in advance (i.e. I'll do your 15 page short story webcomic, but not your 1,000+ page ongoing epic/joke-a-day webcomic)

What I don't do:
I'm not looking to collaborate with anyone long term on a webcomic. I don't draw manga or realistically.

Samples:

More samples

If you're interested, PM or email me. I'll work up a quote.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby googergeiger on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 am

Greetings all!

I'm co-author of the webcomic Benson (www.bensoncomics.com). After five years, we've decided to stop work on the strip, and I'm keen to find a collaborator for a new project.

I've come up with characters and a setting, and have written a pile of scripts for the new comic strip. Basically, I'm looking for someone with great cartooning skills who might be interested in developing the characters with me. On the Benson site, we split artwork duties between us, and that trend could continue with the new strip.

Have a look at Benson, see if you like the sense of humour, and if you think you might be interested in working on a webcomic with me, let me know via private message. I'll take a look at a sample of your artwork and if it's a good fit we could go from there. (As a general guide, I'm looking to base the new comic strip's style on classic cartoon animation from the 1950s and 60s.)

On the business side of things, the collaboration would be a 50/50 split. Neither of us would be able to use the characters we create without the other party. And any money we make from advertising or publishing would be split right down the middle.

Hope you're interested in getting webcomicky with me!

Trit
googergeiger

Postby sandicents on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Hola!

My name is Sandra Lanz and I’m a comic book artist available for hire.

I have been published as the artist on Saint James Co.'s flagship title "Ex Occultus," for which I did the interior art as well as the concept art, story boarding, layout, inks, colors, and cover art. I like to consider myself a jack-of-all-trades.

I have recently finished work on one of my projects which leaves room for new comic work! I’m available for penciling, inking, coloring, concept art, character sketches, cover art, commissions, and more.

This is what I do full time, so you can be assured that I will be very attentive, professional, quick to respond to e-mails, and expedient.

My portfolio can be found on my website http://www.SandraLanz.com.

If you’re interested in my work, would like a quote/ page-rate, or would like to inquire further, please shoot me an e-mail at mail@SandraLanz.com

Hope to hear from you!

-Sandra

sandicents

Postby andye on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 am

WANTED: sequential artist/comic book artist

Posting this for a friend.

If you are interested follow the forum rules by commenting here but also contact him directly. His email is below.

If you've got a cool post apocalyptic style, like drawing weird and twisted stories, can't seem to commit to a full 24 page comic then the new A4 full colour comic book 'Gloom Machine' is for you.

Gloom Machine is a 2000AD style comic magazine printed in full colour, with 4 separate short stories of approx 6 pages each written by one of our talented guest writers. All stories are based on the world of the Gloom Machine, part Mad Max, part Resident Evil Apocalypse, part Silent Hill. So think, plenty of action, violence, zombies, and guys and girls with big guns.

We are looking for artists to contribute art to 6 page stories. It can be mono, inked, not inked or full colour (as long as the non inked pencils are tight enough to print).

If you want to be part of the first issue, get your interest in quick as it goes to print in March 2011

email some samples of your work to drgloom [at] gloommachine [dot] com

visit http://www.gloommachine.blogspot.com for more info.

Also check out his other sites.

http://www.hollowviolin.com

http://www.beautifulgloommachine.com
andye

Postby sonburnt on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:48 pm

My name is Joe Badon.

I am a published and self published comic book and comic strip artist.

I am currently looking for work.

My page rate is completely negotiable depending on your budget.

You can check out my portfolio at:

Joebadon.blogspot.com

You can contact me at:

Sonburnt@juno.com

Or: by phone: 504-287-5731
sonburnt

Postby andye on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 am

To those who took an interest and contacted us we greatly appreciate it.

Applications are now closed.

We will be contacting successful applicants shortly.

Gloom Machine magazine will have 4 issues a year and we will be inviting different artists to contribute.

For those who submitted applications we'll keep them on file.

For those wishing to contribute keep an eye on the official website for artists calls.

www.gloommachine.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/beautifulgloommachine
andye

Writer seeks Artist for Graphic Novel

Postby newtyboy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:24 am

Hello Artist's,

I am a writer seeking an artist for a Graphic Novel Submission to New York Agent.

The full story is written and in the process of being converted into descriptive text for the artist. The first ten pages are ready for drawing and can be supplied via email.

Style will be city landscapes, realism, Gritty, Dirty and emotive. I need an artist that can do large scale city backdrops and add real emotion and detail to characters. Character development is important and the artist will have extensive background information to create believable characters.

The artwork will be mostly black and white with use of colour to highlight objects and draw the readers attention to details and events. (Think Frank Miller Sin City) I would also like the artist to have some kind of input and ideas of the best way to portray the story, however, this is not totally required as I have been very specific on layouts, colours and descriptions for each box and page.

I require ten pages for a submission to an agent in New York who is interested in passing the work to a well known publisher in the genre.

The work can be freelance paid work or we can talk about a joint project if interested. Either way, please contact me for more details and with any artwork samples you may feel may be of interest. Also please state if you prefer a joint project or freelance fees (include fees).

Personally I would prefer a joint project and to have regular talks and meetings with the artist for a free flow exchange of ideas.

Thankyou and thanks for reading.

ps- Please contact me if you need more story info or to register your interest. :)
newtyboy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion