ComicCon 2005

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

ComicCon 2005

Post by The Neko »

ComicCon begins next week. Who's going?
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Post by Mvmarcz »

I've never been to a con...and at this rate will probably never be ;_;
Image
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

It's all a big con anyway.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

No need to add insult to injury... :x
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Subhuman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:21 am
Location: Rhythm Nation
Contact:

Post by Subhuman »

Aren't there a lot of ComicCons? Which one is this?

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Next year.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Robbie
Regular Poster
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:05 am
Location: Here.
Contact:

Post by Robbie »

I've never been to a convention, and never will be, despite being a stone's throw away from Conneti-Con or whatever that convention in Hartford is called.

That is.... unless my comic becomes a big super smash-hit.

Jen_Babcock
Regular Poster
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles/ New York City

Post by Jen_Babcock »

I shall be there and I cannot wait!
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I think he's talking about the one in California. San Francisco, right? Nope, but I'll be at the Chicago one as always.

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

The one in San Diego.

I can't go this year, but probably next year, as press.
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

ComicCon is in San Diego, CA. It's possibly the biggest comic convention in the US. Although movies and animation are starting to make themselves more known on the convention center floor.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I knew there was a San in there.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

I've never been to a Con. Though I haven't really tried to get to one ever either. I probably won't start now.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Col wrote:I knew there was a San in there.
It's not sans san, you mean?

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Levi-chan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1498
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: THE TOOBS

Post by Levi-chan »

I wish I could, but...I'm too far from there. ;)

(Besides, I was scared off from going ever again by a fat man dressed as Chiyo-chan [Azumanga Daioh] in Supanova 2004. Ugh. The memories still haunt me to this day.)

User avatar
That guy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Chasin' windmills
Contact:

Post by That guy »

Joel Fagin wrote:
Col wrote:I knew there was a San in there.
It's not sans san, you mean?

- Joel Fagin
You should be punished for that.

Not gonna be able to make it, myself. I think the HUGE scale cons are a bit intimidating anyway. I've been to some smaller ones, it's nice to see a few bigwigs and a lot of comics without dealing with the crazy nutball fanatics going psycho on the poor authors, actors, and artists.

User avatar
Nicked
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:01 am
Location: Portlandish area.
Contact:

Post by Nicked »

I've never been to a proper one. I'm thinking of taking a road trip down there next year though.
<a href="http://pos.comicgen.com">Property of Scott</a>

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

That guy wrote:
Joel Fagin wrote:
Col wrote:I knew there was a San in there.
It's not sans san, you mean?

- Joel Fagin
You should be punished for that.

Not gonna be able to make it, myself. I think the HUGE scale cons are a bit intimidating anyway. I've been to some smaller ones, it's nice to see a few bigwigs and a lot of comics without dealing with the crazy nutball fanatics going psycho on the poor authors, actors, and artists.
Funny enough, I've never been to a small one. I should check one of those out sometime.

User avatar
Subhuman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:21 am
Location: Rhythm Nation
Contact:

Post by Subhuman »

I've never been to any con, ever, not even Anime North (which is the closest major one to where I live). I should go sometime.

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

If I can, I'll go to ComicCon next year. That's the closest Con to me, I think, unless there's something that happens in Arizona. I've never actually been to a con before and I really want to. If only to meet people, you know?
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

Post Reply