Maybe I'm just insane but...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Toastenator
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Maybe I'm just insane but...

Post by Toastenator »

... I was making a panel for my comic and it was too big so I said aloud "Edit Undo, bitch". And then I realized how absurd that was. Anyone else do stuff like this, or is lunacy a party of one?
Image

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

I've almost broke into tears saying things like, "Why don't you just work? Even for a few minutes. Please, just stop breaking" to a machine I was running in a factory this past summer.

User avatar
Genesis_13
Regular Poster
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: Right outside M.E. Charm's house...escaping!
Contact:

Post by Genesis_13 »

Hah! That's nothing. I'l be drawing, and then I'll make a mistake. Not only will I yell "Edit Undo", I'll actually try to type Ctrl+Z.

It doesn't usually work.
Who are you calling a super-small bean you need a magnifying glass to see?!!!

This would be so much better if I updated it....which I did....but then I stopped again!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

When I draw, I act out my character's roles, means when I draw a sad guy, my face is sad etc.

User avatar
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by KathleenJ »

mcDuffies wrote:When I draw, I act out my character's roles, means when I draw a sad guy, my face is sad etc.
I do this too, and people think I'm insane. Especially if I'm in a public place.

I'll also try to Ctrl+Z for everything, like spilling milk in the kitchen.
Image

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

Sometimes I look for the undo button on a sketch pad.
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

mcDuffies wrote:When I draw, I act out my character's roles, means when I draw a sad guy, my face is sad etc.
Ah, method cartooning. Where you literally "become" your characters. Like method acting.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

You guys make mistakes?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Dutch! wrote:You guys make mistakes?
There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

I generally just make growling noises at the paper. Sometimes I get so frustrated I break down crying. Of course, that's usually when I'm already having a lousy day and nothing else is going right either.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

Dutch! wrote:You guys make mistakes?
WAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAAAAHA... WOHOHOHOOOHEHEHEHEHEHEH *snort* HEHOHOHOOOO.... KRRRIKAKAKAHOHOHOHOHOHUHOOHOHOHOHOOOO....

HAAAAaaaaaaa... *wipes away tears*

That's so cute of you to say. You are a delight Dutch!

But yeah. I talk to the computer on ocassion. I keep it low so no one will hear me, but I do it all the same. Usually something along the lines of "Oh no! You just DID NOT DO THAT BITCH!" or something like that.

And I do the McDuffies thing to. It helps if you say it out loud because you can then hear what it would sound like rather than just hearing it in your head. Once you've done that it's alot easier to make decent changes to expressions and dialouge.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

I will often smile whenver I draw a smile. i will fron when I draw someone who's pissed off. I will raise an eyebrow when I draw shifty eyes. And I do it unconsiouly. Freaks me out sometimes. :o It's like I'm getting into character, for my chatacter. I thought I was the only one who did this... And when I make mistakes I say to myself: "one more out of 32. Woo hoo...". :-?

(although I have tried looking for the erase tool instead of my eraser. And I often talk to my computer. Usually along the lines of: "Why the fuck do you moe so fucking slow you dumb fucker!? It should nto take 45 seconds to erase a few fucking pixels!". )

>.>
<.<

Why yes, I do lack sufficient RAM.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Once I made a mistake on a drawing and spent five seconds trying to hit "Cntrl+z" on the table.

I felt very, very stupid.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

Van Douchebag wrote:Sometimes I look for the undo button on a sketch pad.
The other day I made an inking mistake. I pressed undo on my laptop, and waited till it dawned on me why nothing happened.
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I started doing that then decided I needed to learn to use real tools better. Virtual tools are great but they miss the point when you can't cope without them. They're supposed to make life easier, not harder.

Odd1
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by Odd1 »

I do all of the above.

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I often read out the lines in the characters' voices. It helps me get line flow a little better as well as good voice acting practice.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Mostly when I shout things at a screen, it's when I'm playing a video game.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Under your skin
Contact:

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:
Dutch! wrote:You guys make mistakes?
There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
I was a happy accident.

I do the face thing. I even feel the emotion I'm drawing, if I'm really getting into it. I don't think I've ever said "edit, undo" or anything like that. Probably because I'm used to doing most of my work the old fashioned way.
ImageImage

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

Van Douchebag wrote:Sometimes I look for the undo button on a sketch pad.
Ditto.

Post Reply