Page 1 of 2

Are Clowns Scary?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:26 am
by Theamazingsquad
It's a simple question. Guys with white faces, crazy hair and red lips. Scary? You decide

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:43 am
by Dalis
My uncle made me watch IT when I was very very VERY young.

It wasn't very nice of him.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:29 am
by Col
I was a clown with a bloody shirt and club in a haunted house a few years ago. Scared the crap out of anyone who came by. Nothing like chasing old ladies down the hallway while swinging a club and laughing maniacally. Those were the good ol' days...

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:32 am
by Beyonder_alpha
Scary? neah..
Evil? Without a doubt..

Re: Are Clowns Scary?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:36 am
by Alaina
theamazingsquad wrote:It's a simple question. Guys with white faces, crazy hair and red lips. Scary?
Hm...sounds like Dr. Frank from Rocky Horror. Yeah, I guess I find him kinda scary.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:38 am
by Kris X
So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 am
by McDuffies
Kris X wrote:So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.
What she said.

But why am I always too early with things? I had a scary clown avatar weeks ago!
Should I reuse it?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:03 am
by Col
mcDuffies wrote:
Kris X wrote:So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.
What she said.

But why am I always too early with things? I had a scary clown avatar weeks ago!
Should I reuse it?
Make it an even scarier clown. No sense in completely repeating yourself.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:07 am
by MariaAndMichelle
Maria doesn't really have a problem with them, but like many of the others in this thread, Michelle was forced to watch IT at a very young age at a friend's birthday party. No good can come of that. :-?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:09 am
by Zhan_Dvega
Har... I didn't see IT until I was 18.. :E

Incidentally, it was a good movie... up until the end...

A FUCKING GIANT SPIDER :evil:

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:21 am
by McDuffies
Zhan_Dvega wrote:Har... I didn't see IT until I was 18.. :E

Incidentally, it was a good movie... up until the end...

A FUCKING GIANT SPIDER :evil:
I agree. So it's scary, horrors are supposed to be scary. But why scaring us for two hours, when it takes them nearly fifteen minutes to kill him at the end?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:21 am
by Jim North
Clowns? Evil and scary? Pfft. Whatever, man.

And I watched It shortly after it came out and all, myself . . . but only 'cause I wanted to watch it. Apparently I'm one of the few people who wasn't forced to watch it at a young age. ;)

The book's better, anyway. Even if the movie does have Harry Anderson.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:50 am
by Blahsville!
Not to mention Tim Curry.
Yeah, It. The Joker from Batman. Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
Clowns are horrifying. :o

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:22 am
by [geoduck]
I'm an old fogie, so It came along too late for me to see it while young. But yes, Tim Curry was easily the best thing in the piece. Although the child-actors did pretty well, better than the adult versions of themselves in many cases.

And I don't find clowns to be particularly evil or scary. Still, if you're looking for evil clown action, there the immortal flick Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:58 am
by Nyke
I've got Binzo the schitzophrenic clown in WrongWay, so evil.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:25 pm
by Mr.Bob
Bozo was screwed up mann... fo' real.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:43 pm
by TheSuburbanLetdown
Image

and on tuesday, the clown wept.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:01 pm
by Komiyan
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Image

and on tuesday, the clown wept.
Hahahaha, clowns are so funny!

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:04 pm
by McDuffies
Blahsville! wrote:Not to mention Tim Curry.
Yeah, It. The Joker from Batman. Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
Clowns are horrifying. :o
...Ronald mcDonald...

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm
by Xmung
anyone who thinks it's fun to make poodle sculptures out of balloons is way creepy in my books...