Which Gender do YOU like to draw?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Do you like to draw men or women more?

Women! I love zee boobs and zee curves!
31
46%
Dude, like, guys are, like SO totally Sex-AY!
13
19%
Um...I'm gonna take the middle road - both.
16
24%
Screw people! Neither!
7
10%
 
Total votes: 67

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Which Gender do YOU like to draw?

Post by [AOD] »

Myself I prefer to draw women, being a guy and all (heheh...), but barring that, my drawing style tends to use fewer, simpler lines on females than on males, so it's usually quicker and easier for me to draw the former, and given that it's a daily comic and all, speed is definitely a factor in the equation. EDIT: (Wahoozalazuma! How's that for a run-on sentence?)

Et vous?

?~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Neither, then I can make up my own rules of anatomy and no one complains.

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

Both: I used to prefer drawing females, but guys are just so much simpler to draw (having no boobs, and all).
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

I like drawing men, actually, even though there are mostly women in my comic. I'm more comfortable drawing women, because I know more about their shapes and forms...etc. But men are fun to draw.
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

I mostly draw guys as most of my main characters are guys. Girls are more fun to draw though. And I had a period of drawing oversized breasts on everything a while back.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

Women. If i get stuck on how something looks, I use myself as a referance. It's harder to do that if I'm drawing a guy.


Plus women are so sexy
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

I don't like drawing breasts, so I guess that's the silly reason why I like to draw men more.

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

I hate drawing either, if they turn out looking bad.

But if they turn out right, I like looking at them when their done, and thinking, "Yeah, that's ok. I can live with that."
Judge dredge.

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Digital War wrote:I mostly draw guys as most of my main characters are guys. Girls are more fun to draw though. And I had a period of drawing oversized breasts on everything a while back.
We all have... we all have
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

Digital War wrote: And I had a period of drawing oversized breasts on everything a while back.
I think I still do that
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

Wimmings. They say it's always easier to draw your own gender, being that you are one of them and all, but it's strangely the opposite for me..
cjburgandy wrote:Plus women are so sexy
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

AlmightyPyro wrote:We all have... we all have
Not I! *boastful harrumph!* Sometimes it's good to have Jhonen Vasquez as your base style, isn't it? Then all your people tend to look gruesomely anorexic, instead of ridiculously voluptuous! Mwahahaha!

!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I say women since we're so graceful and majestic and stuff. Women are more interesting.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I chose neither because my best attempts at drawing people end up making them look like evil half-melted, bizarro-creatures.

Maybe I aught to try to draw evil, half-melted bizarro-creatures, and see if they turn out like people...
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Fadedflame
Regular Poster
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Absent
Contact:

Post by Fadedflame »

Iss: Whether men or women are better to draw.
Res: Well Admittedly most of the humanoid characters I've drawn are female I am bound and determined to make most of the main characters male this time, mostly because they are funner to darw but also because I need the help.

~Faded
I don't live to die, I taunt death because it is the only way to live.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Well, starting point being that I can draw males if not good than better, I started practicing on women so heavily that now I'm at the point that I can draw women better, that I sometimes even catch myself drawing male face too feminine. So, women.
But another thing is, that femate body has much more distincted shape, much more common points. Man body is pretty much flat so kind of amorphous that way. That's why it's harder to draw it, even though I practised on male body a lot for the last year.
Except for shoulders, I have problems with female shoulders, I often draw them too masculine.

User avatar
Alschroeder
Regular Poster
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Nashville
Contact:

Post by Alschroeder »

Women. Definitely.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroe ... series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Image

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »


User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

Digital War wrote:Big, round, and shiny.
nice! 8)
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

When I first started my comic, I designed their outifts specifically to hide their boobs, not to mention they were pretty small... Then I got some tips from Prism, and the boobs suddenly got hugeish... Once you make them big, its tough to shrink them down again to where you wanted them. Oh yeah, did I mention I prefer drawing women? I've only got 2 guys in my comic so far, and 5 girls (well, it will be 5 in an update or 2...).
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

Post Reply