Page 1 of 2
Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:01 am
by MixedMyth
I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.
Baby steps. Or maybe even
zombie baby steps.
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:12 am
by Joel Fagin
MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Top left of your post, just under your name.
...
What?
- Joel Fagin
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:56 am
by McDuffies
Up there!
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:19 am
by K-Dawg
MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Black Hayate I think his name was from Full Metal Alchemist.
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:47 am
by Vorticus
MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.
Baby steps. Or maybe even
zombie baby steps.
So not being lazy is changing ones avatar? I'll have to look into doing that.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:11 am
by Patch
Woo..at last i discovered im not that lazy..
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:30 am
by Faceless
<- I've got a new avatar too.
Edit: I think mines more cute though, or maybe more hug-able.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:53 am
by JPSloan
Ooo... does this mean you have lots of time on your hands?

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:57 am
by Toxic
Umm...I changed my avatar to. It's a picture of Stanley Kubrick.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:57 am
by MixedMyth
Five oil soaked points of burning ire to Joel Fagin and mcDuffies for squeezing by on a technicality.

And kudos, K-Dawg. 'Ell, I didn't even know the puppy had a name.
And JPSloan, eheh, I swear I'm still working on that comission. Really. Honestly.

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:23 am
by BRP
Funny. I've made myself about 40-some different avatars over the years, and my parents still consider me the laziest guy on the planet....
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:33 am
by Warren
I'm getting around to a new av, but want to use this one until at least 5100 posts.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:36 am
by JPSloan
MixedMyth wrote:
And JPSloan, eheh, I swear I'm still working on that comission. Really. Honestly.

If memory serves, you've completed everything I've paid you for. I still need to get some money to you for the rest. I'll get on that when I get home.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:48 am
by Sippan
Everyone is changing their avatars!!
I have to go with the flow! Like a dead fish! YES! OF COURSE!!! My new avatar will be a dead fish!!!
Later that day...
Little did I realize how horrifying a dead fish can actually look. I will use Pfil as my avatar instead.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:29 pm
by Xmung
meh - changed mine a couple of weeks ago... happy to stick with da monkey for the time being.
not that i'm lazy or nuthin'...
>>
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:49 pm
by Melody
I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
Re: >>
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:55 pm
by Sippan
Melody wrote:I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
For the same reason I try to pick "good" avatars.
...he said, and hoped that people would judge him on his avatar girl's looks and not her sex life.
...he said, and moments later realized that in this particular picture her good looks aren't as blatantly obvious as usual. Then he stopped caring and ate some cake.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:14 pm
by [AOD]
Hullo. This is the voice of AOD's avatar. You can call me Frank. I've just taken command of him, and boy is it messy in here! Anyhoo, regarding the previous avatar, that simpering useless goth girl thought she'd take a holiday to northern Romania, so I'm filling in. Wassup. Don't touch me, or I'll kill you with my duck. Yeeeeesssssss....
@~Frank
>>
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:25 pm
by Melody
I do not judge the avatar, I just use it as an ID. If some person is commonly annoying, I will prejudge their posts as annoying by seeing their avatar. Of course the same could be said of seeing their name, but their name has to actually be read. An avatar can be scanned instantly, saving precious time.
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:29 pm
by Ruxen
Gah, I got the urge to change my avatar today too. This thread just makes me feel better about it.