Finals have cometh! Saveth thou...er...thy...nevermind...
- Grayswandir
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
- Contact:
Finals have cometh! Saveth thou...er...thy...nevermind...
Anyway...my finals are this week and next week, so I was wondering if people wanted to draw comics or art that I could post on my comic website. It doesn't have to have anything to do with my comic (although that'd be appreciated)
I just thought it'd be a cool thing to post up (I did see something like this posted here, so yes I'm a copy cat...copy thing...copy...erm....whatever)
forgot to add my email: theflamesofchaos@hotmail.com
-Ben "Lazy Degenerate Cartoonist" Maish
I just thought it'd be a cool thing to post up (I did see something like this posted here, so yes I'm a copy cat...copy thing...copy...erm....whatever)
forgot to add my email: theflamesofchaos@hotmail.com
-Ben "Lazy Degenerate Cartoonist" Maish
- Grayswandir
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
- Contact:
- RPin
- Gentleman Pornographer
- Posts: 2930
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
- Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
- Contact:
You know, even popular webcomickers have trouble asking for guest comics sometimes, so don't worry.
Still... Your comic hasn't reach a point yet where it's critical to put something up even when you can't. If you have to go into a little hiatus, just do it. The best way to avoid hiatus, though, is to set up a realistic schedule, not ask for guest comics. I don't know how many times I said this, but it works, people! Look at Ghastly: the guy has a day job and two kids which keep him from doing more than one comic per week, and even then he has one of the most popular webcomics on KeenSpace.
So far I've been able to fill every thursday with nice art people send me. But what makes them so special is the fact that I never asked for a single one. It is truly better to get a gift you wasn't expecting than ask people to make them for you.
Still... Your comic hasn't reach a point yet where it's critical to put something up even when you can't. If you have to go into a little hiatus, just do it. The best way to avoid hiatus, though, is to set up a realistic schedule, not ask for guest comics. I don't know how many times I said this, but it works, people! Look at Ghastly: the guy has a day job and two kids which keep him from doing more than one comic per week, and even then he has one of the most popular webcomics on KeenSpace.
So far I've been able to fill every thursday with nice art people send me. But what makes them so special is the fact that I never asked for a single one. It is truly better to get a gift you wasn't expecting than ask people to make them for you.
- Grayswandir
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
- Contact:
I'll make sure to remember that, my problem is, is that I don't have a set schedule, maybe I should set one...Plus, I have the problem of anti-computer parents kinda thing...So I wouldn't be able to stick to a specific schedule until I move out...which should hopefully be soon!
yay!!! *dances around*
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
You jerks. I have two weeks left.
('course, I only have one final this quarter...
)
('course, I only have one final this quarter...
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Now Alive Again
Now Alive Again
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
I have four weeks
and 6 finals left - AP chem, physics 1, precalculus, AP german, AP english 11, and Psychology. Argh. Oh well, at least AP tests are over.
But I'll probably draw my comic in class anyway.
But I'll probably draw my comic in class anyway.

'She seemed, poor woman, to imagine that the French and the Martians might prove very similar.'
-H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds
Lets see, you are born, you whine moan and complain while some changes your diaper. You grow up and still whine and complain but do it while swearing as you go through grade after grade. Then you get a job a girlfriend go to college and become completely poor. After getting through all that it is freedom except if you count for paying off college, the countless bills in the future, the waste of your life in working all so when you retire if your still alive by then to sit whine moap complain swear tons and get your diaper changed by some strange person if you live long enough.
Unless of course your a rich person then you are lucky. Life sucks, but remember, there are always comics to enjoy. There are a lot that make fun of this aspect of life to, wow isn't life great?
Unless of course your a rich person then you are lucky. Life sucks, but remember, there are always comics to enjoy. There are a lot that make fun of this aspect of life to, wow isn't life great?
Hey....hey....I'm an agnostic realist who actually is an optomist and has high self-esteem but doesn't show it. Okay, maybe I'm just an agnostic realist that is paranoid, insane, schizo, and in some type of funk depression but hey if I can get away with being an agnostic realist while the rest of my family is irish catholic and my girlfriend is a southern baptist then I just completely changed the topic and made you forget what your original question was so go me! WHOO! 
Agnostic realist? No offense, but isn't that an oxymoron?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
I took today off from work and slept in! Plus, I just discovered this week Dish Network has a bunch of the Sirius channels now! And my kitty is sleeping at the window beside me.
It's a wonderful day, even if it's cloudy outside.
It's a wonderful day, even if it's cloudy outside.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care






