Yay.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Yay.

Post by Christwriter »

I guess I am an official website owner. Why? Because someone just trolled my tagboard trying to imitate me. Joy.

Obviously whoever the heck it was had bad conversation skills.

A break down?

blueskunk: MY WEBCOMIC IS THE BEST!!!

Not me. I would not write that. I am not interested in such asinine amusements, and my ego is not as small as to require statements that I know from personal experiance to be false. I also do not use more than one exclimation unless
(a I am refuting a particularly boneheaded statement about or against my religion.
(b you really tick me off or
(C you are Alma Hromic and I am defending NaNoWriMo against your snottish, unfounded statements.

blueskunk: Yea, I relly hate my fans. You all suck!!!

Spelling, spelling, imatator. Yeah, I cannot spell large, phonetically improbable words (like phonetically itself. It ought to be F-O-N-E-...)

But it is Y-E-A-H and R-E-A-L-L-Y. I haven't mispelled those words sence fifth grade!!! (See, really ticked off. ) You do not go through NaNoWriMo and the dozens of other stories I've written without realizing the basics of spelling!

Oh, yeah...hating anyone is against my religion and I don't have any fans to hate yet!

</rant>

But if I have the tagboard, I guess I'm asking for it.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Re: Yay.

Post by Nyke »

christwriter wrote:<snip>
Oh, yeah...hating anyone is against my religion...
<snip>
As a materialist, can I hate them for you?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Sure thing. I can't stop you.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Welcome to the realm of tag-board moderatorship, CW. ;)

Lesson one:
Never ever respond to the arse-heads. If you respond to them, they'll be getting the satisfaction of know they've ticked you off and will most likely persist.

Lesson two:
Just delete the posts without comment. That's what your moderator status is for.

Lesson three:
When deleting messages, do it immediately.

Hope that helps ;)
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Yay.

Post by McDuffies »

christwriter wrote:blueskunk: MY WEBCOMIC IS THE BEST!!!

Not me. I would not write that.
Because it's not true! Cause everyone knows MY comic is the best!!!1!!!21!
I am not interested in such asinine amusements, and my ego is not as small as to require statements that I know from personal experiance to be false.
:oops: Can I retract my previous statement?
I also do not use more than one exclimation unless
(a I am refuting a particularly boneheaded statement about or against my religion.
(b you really tick me off or
(C you are Alma Hromic and I am defending NaNoWriMo against your snottish, unfounded statements.
Can I asto retract a few exclamation marks?


Incidentally, what's the best tagboard service cause I was planning on getting one too?

User avatar
KODAMA
Spodama Mon
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by KODAMA »

..:'D man I just got a tagboard today .. but I didn't think this could ever happen. :o

I feel like a newbie learning things all over again. :')
I'M MAKING A GAME | GALLERY | The old webcomic:http://www.skimlines.com | [url=irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace]irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace[/url]

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Thanks, Phlanax. I took care of it...for now. And I must remember, snot-heads will be snot-heads, and the only thing I can do about it is try not to be one.

Never mind that they DO make me mad as heck.

McDuffies: I just use the board from http://www.tagboard.com. It's what someone suggested I use. I kind of felt that it was an overwelming show of overconfidance...I put it up during my first web page change.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

It was probably somebody you know, maybe a younger sibling? You should track them down and make them watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

Was checking SV3 I got the notion to put up a tag board as well. Are we all on the same cycle or what? :o

Anywho, glad to read what to do in case of trouble. Thanks. :)
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Buhuhwahahaha! I will NEVER get a tagboard!

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Nor I. I want as little contact with "them" as possible.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

been there, done that.. 'cept with foxfire's shoutbox.. they were removed about 10 minutes after i saw 'em.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Tagboards make me cry :cry:
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Mr.Bob wrote:Buhuhwahahaha! I will NEVER get a tagboard!
But then how will we pester you to update?!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

That, my friend, is the sheer beauty of my plan!

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I have a tagboard, I just pulled the links so people couldn't post to it. I use it for updating folks when the comic itself won't update 'cause of Keenspace woes. It was Phalanx's idea.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

I have one, only SC and someone I know posted in it. YAY!!
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Mr Ekshin wrote:Was checking SV3 I got the notion to put up a tag board as well. Are we all on the same cycle or what? :o

Anywho, glad to read what to do in case of trouble. Thanks. :)
I've been planing to do that since the site redesign lest fall, but I'm such ass-immobile.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

rkolter wrote:I have a tagboard, I just pulled the links so people couldn't post to it. I use it for updating folks when the comic itself won't update 'cause of Keenspace woes. It was Phalanx's idea.
And that method has served me well during all those crashes.

I'm currently trying out the same thing, this time using a Blogger account for the news box.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
KODAMA
Spodama Mon
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by KODAMA »

yeahduff wrote:Nor I. I want as little contact with "them" as possible.
:'D heheh.
I'M MAKING A GAME | GALLERY | The old webcomic:http://www.skimlines.com | [url=irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace]irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace[/url]

Post Reply