Page 1 of 9
Who is the real VileTerror?
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:42 pm
by Toxic
Remember that whole "Free Winona" thing when Winona Ryder was in trial for shoplifting? I'm starting a "Free Vile" thing.
If VileTerror (and his numerous other SN's) are in the brig, who else will respond to our posts? Who else will organize Shakespearan plays? I'm boycotting this forum until Vile is freed. Who's with me?
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:44 pm
by Nyke
How about we keep VT away from the forums just a little while longer.
Then, in a few weeks, if s/he/ir wants to play nicely, we let him/her/ir back in.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:00 pm
by YarpsDat
The thread should say "free vileterrors"
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:06 pm
by Seriocity
Yeah, let's free it. I think it's done more good than harm in many occasions.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:11 pm
by Mr.Bob
In any case I must commend YarpsDat in his humility and his having the good manners to restrain himself from opening a bottle of champagne and doing an insane technicolour Happy-Dance.

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:22 pm
by YarpsDat
I think I still think I'm dreaming. * double checks if he's not dreaming *
Besides, the Terror problem was more or less under control, if that happened 2 weeks ago, I'd be dancing all over the forum. (Actually, probably not, I'd congratulate myself on jorb well done, but I would be very happy. More or less like now ^______^)
Anyways, I kinda agree with Jops' comment in the other thread.
Jops wrote:Well, i don't think banning VT was a good idea. It's like striking a nuke when the war is over.
But I can't stop giggling thinking about it.
I find it tottally funny Vile's e-mail that was supposed to defend him from me, resulted in Vile getting banned.
That's just so... ^____^
Besides, the nuke has already been struck, so we should just leave it where it fell, and hope it doesn't go off.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:27 pm
by Seriocity
I still think it's fucking unfair that you guys banned VT. Fine, I suppose that we ought to get the screen names and stuff under control, but for fuck's sake... VT's actually a pretty nice person.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:30 pm
by YarpsDat
Seriocity wrote:Yeah, let's free it. I think it's done more good than harm in many occasions.
Actually, I think Vile beeing nice was just a trick.
read here
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:31 pm
by Executor_Arthas
Yeah!!! He added me to his MSN!!! UN-BAN HIM YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:40 pm
by ZOMBIE USER 14998
I suppose I should stand up against censorship and all, but it's really really hard to rally around an individual who has explicitly and openly stated that s/he has set out to be as annoying as they possibly can be.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:51 pm
by Yeahduff
As Yarps said, it seems the damage is done, but really, was this necessary? Banning Vile for a thread from months ago and a less old but old nonetheless email inspired from ir panicky fear of being banned is just ridiculous. I'm not saying that Vile isn't irritating sometimes, but most of us are. I liked ir, and I know others did. I dunno. Just makes me question the whole community thing here....
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:57 pm
by Grabmygoblin
she was rather nice to me. even intoduced me to the rest of the community
with my own thread.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:00 pm
by Executor_Arthas
YOU FUCKERS, LET HIM BACK!!!!! (I apologise for the language)
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:34 pm
by Axonite
geoduck wrote:I suppose I should stand up against censorship and all, but it's really really hard to rally around an individual who has explicitly and openly stated that s/he has set out to be as annoying as they possibly can be.
Is a person who claims to be annoying but frequently posts non-annoying material still an annoying person, though?
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:27 pm
by Nishichi27
Well, VileTerror was actually quite annoying at the beginning, but proceeded to be less annoying (for example, she actually checked her posts for spelling and grammar - and yes, it's a she) and sometimes she actually posts some useful/funny stuff. Despite trying to be annoying, she isn't that bad. Besides, many of my friends try to be annoying. but really aren't.
I do think the many-vileterrors thing should be kept under control (only allow one SN) but there isn't a reason to completely ban Vileterror unless she really does something unforgivable. Has she, but I don't know about it?
Anyway, don't mind me. I'm always the one to stick up for the underdog/newbie/innocent.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:35 pm
by Brockway
I never had a problem with VT. I'm sorta fond of her sometimes wierd ramblings (course she'd take offense to that, and calling her a she). Maybe get rid of the many iterations (of which just 3 were her), but just booting her out for a post from months ago is a little weird. Also, have you finished the next strip nishichi?
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:36 pm
by Faub
From what she said, VT was a teacher. It was her job to look for that stuff. She actually made some good points and gave out some useful information on occasion but she never knew when to stop. She never bothered me but that's because I never read DNR and generally ignored most of th threads in GD.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:40 pm
by Toxic
Vile was smart. He/She pointed out a lot of good plot holes in Donnie Darko.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
by Mr.Bob
<sarcasm>Like you even have to be smart to be able to do that...</sarcasm>
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
by Executor_Arthas
I love that movie!!! The bunny!!!