Page 1 of 5
Newb hazings
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:56 pm
by Orion
There seems to be a lot of newbie bashing/hazings/etc. recently. So I felt like asking the more experienced members of the forum what their newbie experiences were like? Include any hazings, faux pas, or any thing else you'd like to share.
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:04 pm
by Superlance
I do not wish to speak of it!
All I can say is that I was so tormented that someone of lower moral character (or maybe of more brain?) would've fled immediately.
But I stood fast against Randomaxe's onslaught; and, to rest my case, he thought he could run me out; but I'm still here, and he is not.
Thank you.
*bows*
Although, for some strange reason, I wonder what happened to him...

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:10 pm
by Orion
I also remember you were the first to go after me when I started posting here:
Who are you?
You only have two posts, and already consider yourself priviledged, nay; brave enough to post on the General Discussion?
Good luck, newbie; you'll need it! MWHAHAHAHAHA!
Nice avatar though.
but don't worry I forgive you.

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:11 am
by Mr Ekshin
I didn't have one. :\
I don't mind.
I don't want to haze anyone either. I really like everyone here.
Aw shit.... Guess It's due:
Sorry Yarps. I had an improper impression of you when I got here. You're all cool in my book. Sorry for the paranoid reaction I had and all that. Thanks for the web help too. I appreciate it.
Ok Ok people... clear out... Nothing to see here... (sheesh).

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:15 am
by KittyKatBlack
I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:18 am
by TheGoobla
KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:26 am
by ShineDog
i havent really got going. but youve been REALLY NICE TO ME! =^_^= etc.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:29 am
by Yeahduff
I was made to dance by Warren....
Then threatened to be burned at the stake because they thought I was a clone of McDuff......
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:30 am
by KittyKatBlack
TheGoobla wrote:KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!
Don't I outrank you? =P
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:33 am
by TheGoobla
KittyKatBlack wrote:TheGoobla wrote:KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!
Don't I outrank you? =P
I dont know who you are, BUT GET IN THE BAG, SPAMMER NEWB!
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:13 am
by Jops
I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there), then once i was pretty familiar with the place i slowly begun to post in GD, still trying to avoid to bring too much attention on me (It's almost one year i'm here and i started a thread in GD for the 1st time about one month ago).
It took some time but this way i managed to avoid the box and all the bashing.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:33 am
by McDuffies
Superlance wrote:I do not wish to speak of it!
All I can say is that I was so tormented that someone of lower moral character (or maybe of more brain?) would've fled immediately.
But I stood fast against Randomaxe's onslaught; and, to rest my case, he thought he could run me out; but I'm still here, and he is not.
Thank you.
*bows*
Although, for some strange reason, I wonder what happened to him...

Yeah, good old Randomaxe... He was a bit on a flamy side. And when I say a bit I mean a lot. Anyway, I think he went away because of some personal problems. Don't know if he settled them alright.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:39 am
by McDuffies
yeahduff wrote:I was made to dance by Warren....
Then threatened to be burned at the stake because they thought I was a clone of McDuff......
Yeah... I remember, that was a period when we were looking for evil twins everywhere. We thought you were my evil twin, and mechabird was M.E.Charm's evil twin.
jops wrote:I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there),
Depends on what you ask.
My first forum experience, apart from help forum and looking for informations in D&C forum...
It was certainly not a plug. I remember that I remembered to plug first time a month or so after being here.
Well, at first I didn't post a lot. Mainly when there was a discussion, I dropped my piece of mind there... But later (and specially after my first hiatus) I started feeling like home and posting crapshit. I guess I just mingled in, unnoticably.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:43 am
by War
I killed the people who tried to haze me. And threw their bodies of a bridge on a dark cloudy night. At midnight.
Re: Newb hazings
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:44 am
by Evil Jamie!
orion wrote:There seems to be a lot of newbie bashing/hazings/etc. recently. So I felt like asking the more experienced members of the forum what their newbie experiences were like? Include any hazings, faux pas, or any thing else you'd like to share.
When I first came to the boards everyone let me in without any harassment and general good will. How I miss those days so.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:02 am
by YarpsDat
mcDuffies wrote:
jops wrote:I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there),
Depends on what you ask.
I remember one instance-
A couple of weeks ago, the guy named tarot managed to get killed in help forum. He was asking for it.
Anyways: I started with plugging my comic in TT&T forum. I honestly wanted comments more than visits.
After a couple of days spend there, I came to GD, lurked for a while (a day or two), and then I just joined on the fun the people were having.
I'm not sure anyone noticed I was new.
And about newbie hazings:
I must say that's one of the stupidiest things to do. (I mean bashing people only because they are new.)
What gives you right to do it? Not your inteligence, not your education, not your skills, nor anything actually important- you can bash new people because you came here before them.
Maybe you were born a couple of months before them, maybe you got your modem before, maybe your school newspaper made an article about webcomics and theirs didn't.
Is that really something that should give _YOU_ the right to put _THEM_ through some kind of "initiation"?
I don't think so.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:05 am
by Mr.Bob
I just came.
And stayed.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:19 am
by Evil Jamie!
Oh! Like that thing that I had on my foot last year!

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:31 am
by Mr.Bob
You know, I really think you should've bought some cream for that.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:20 am
by Heffaloop
RandomAxe T__T
WHERE FOR ART THOU RANDOMAXE?????? T______________T