Newb hazings

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Newb hazings

Post by Orion »

There seems to be a lot of newbie bashing/hazings/etc. recently. So I felt like asking the more experienced members of the forum what their newbie experiences were like? Include any hazings, faux pas, or any thing else you'd like to share.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

I do not wish to speak of it!
All I can say is that I was so tormented that someone of lower moral character (or maybe of more brain?) would've fled immediately.
But I stood fast against Randomaxe's onslaught; and, to rest my case, he thought he could run me out; but I'm still here, and he is not.
Thank you.
*bows*
Although, for some strange reason, I wonder what happened to him... :-?
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

I also remember you were the first to go after me when I started posting here:
Who are you?
You only have two posts, and already consider yourself priviledged, nay; brave enough to post on the General Discussion?
Good luck, newbie; you'll need it! MWHAHAHAHAHA!


Nice avatar though.
but don't worry I forgive you. :wink:
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

I didn't have one. :\

I don't mind.

I don't want to haze anyone either. I really like everyone here.

Aw shit.... Guess It's due:

Sorry Yarps. I had an improper impression of you when I got here. You're all cool in my book. Sorry for the paranoid reaction I had and all that. Thanks for the web help too. I appreciate it.


Ok Ok people... clear out... Nothing to see here... (sheesh). :P
Judge dredge.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

i havent really got going. but youve been REALLY NICE TO ME! =^_^= etc.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

I was made to dance by Warren....

Then threatened to be burned at the stake because they thought I was a clone of McDuff......
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

TheGoobla wrote:
KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!
Don't I outrank you? =P

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

KittyKatBlack wrote:
TheGoobla wrote:
KittyKatBlack wrote:I don't think anyone noticed when I showed up... I get that a lot.... actually.. -_-
Who the hell are you? GET IN THE BAG, NEWB!
Don't I outrank you? =P
I dont know who you are, BUT GET IN THE BAG, SPAMMER NEWB!

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there), then once i was pretty familiar with the place i slowly begun to post in GD, still trying to avoid to bring too much attention on me (It's almost one year i'm here and i started a thread in GD for the 1st time about one month ago).
It took some time but this way i managed to avoid the box and all the bashing.
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Superlance wrote:I do not wish to speak of it!
All I can say is that I was so tormented that someone of lower moral character (or maybe of more brain?) would've fled immediately.
But I stood fast against Randomaxe's onslaught; and, to rest my case, he thought he could run me out; but I'm still here, and he is not.
Thank you.
*bows*
Although, for some strange reason, I wonder what happened to him... :-?
Yeah, good old Randomaxe... He was a bit on a flamy side. And when I say a bit I mean a lot. Anyway, I think he went away because of some personal problems. Don't know if he settled them alright.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

yeahduff wrote:I was made to dance by Warren....

Then threatened to be burned at the stake because they thought I was a clone of McDuff......
Yeah... I remember, that was a period when we were looking for evil twins everywhere. We thought you were my evil twin, and mechabird was M.E.Charm's evil twin.
jops wrote:I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there),
Depends on what you ask. :wink:

My first forum experience, apart from help forum and looking for informations in D&C forum...
It was certainly not a plug. I remember that I remembered to plug first time a month or so after being here.
Well, at first I didn't post a lot. Mainly when there was a discussion, I dropped my piece of mind there... But later (and specially after my first hiatus) I started feeling like home and posting crapshit. I guess I just mingled in, unnoticably.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

I killed the people who tried to haze me. And threw their bodies of a bridge on a dark cloudy night. At midnight.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: Newb hazings

Post by Evil Jamie! »

orion wrote:There seems to be a lot of newbie bashing/hazings/etc. recently. So I felt like asking the more experienced members of the forum what their newbie experiences were like? Include any hazings, faux pas, or any thing else you'd like to share.
When I first came to the boards everyone let me in without any harassment and general good will. How I miss those days so.
Image

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

mcDuffies wrote:
jops wrote:I stepped in the Help Forum first (normally you don't get kiled there),
Depends on what you ask. :wink:
I remember one instance-
A couple of weeks ago, the guy named tarot managed to get killed in help forum. He was asking for it.



Anyways: I started with plugging my comic in TT&T forum. I honestly wanted comments more than visits.

After a couple of days spend there, I came to GD, lurked for a while (a day or two), and then I just joined on the fun the people were having.
I'm not sure anyone noticed I was new.





And about newbie hazings:
I must say that's one of the stupidiest things to do. (I mean bashing people only because they are new.)
What gives you right to do it? Not your inteligence, not your education, not your skills, nor anything actually important- you can bash new people because you came here before them.
Maybe you were born a couple of months before them, maybe you got your modem before, maybe your school newspaper made an article about webcomics and theirs didn't.
Is that really something that should give _YOU_ the right to put _THEM_ through some kind of "initiation"?
I don't think so.
Last edited by YarpsDat on Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

I just came.

And stayed.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Oh! Like that thing that I had on my foot last year! :P
Image

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

You know, I really think you should've bought some cream for that.

User avatar
Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Heffaloop »

RandomAxe T__T

WHERE FOR ART THOU RANDOMAXE?????? T______________T
omgwtf

Post Reply