Dear god, I'm almost a commander!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Dear god, I'm almost a commander!

Post by Brockway »

Just a couple posts away, and I'm a little worried. What should I use it for? A heartfelt plea for world peace? Subliminal message telling people to buy george foreman grills?Buy george foreman grills! Talk about how I got there before Mr. Bob? So many things I could use it for... perhaps use it call forthe the minions of cthulu? Or stop posting at 999. Any ideas? I don't want to waste it!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Well after comander there's really not much to look forward to. Except if you count being a captain, but that takes 10k posts, I think. mcDuffies has a looooooooooooooong way to go.
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Matt Lim wrote:Well after comander there's really not much to look forward to. Except if you count being a captain, but that takes 10k posts, I think. mcDuffies has a looooooooooooooong way to go.
Actually I think it's 20k not 10k.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Well I think that that's just insane.
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Use your powers for evil, and/or George Foreman grills. Because they're freaking awesome.

You could also probably find a way to work tuna into your plan too, because it's tasty, especially in melts that you make on a Foreman grill.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Horray for George Foreman, and his kickass grills!!!
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Here it was, my 1000th post!
brockway wrote:
Soap Committee wrote:I suppose I'm one of the three girls? Odds are, I get a boy! Hurrah!
Ok, here it is, my 1000th post! And what is is about? This:

I bet you end up paired with the other single girl! Because that's the meaning of Valentines Day, horrible dissapointment! Also, buy George Foreman grills! And, I call forth the demons of cthulu! Damn nothing happened. Oh well. And Mr. Bob, :P. And for DEVO-Bot:

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.

There it is, 1000, and it was all I'd hoped it would be! That is commander brockway now cadets, luitenants, and lt. commanders! Mwuuhahaaahaaaaaa!!!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

You should stop at 999 and start another account. ;)
Matt Lim wrote:Well after comander there's really not much to look forward to. Except if you count being a captain, but that takes 10k posts, I think. mcDuffies has a looooooooooooooong way to go.
I'm actually hoping that they will lighten it a little in a year or two.

Actually, I'm not thinking anything. if I knew there's some advantage in being a captain, I probably would.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

It's a bit too late for that...
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

YarpsDat wrote:
Matt Lim wrote:Well after comander there's really not much to look forward to. Except if you count being a captain, but that takes 10k posts, I think. mcDuffies has a looooooooooooooong way to go.
Actually I think it's 20k not 10k.
How does anyone know it exists?
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

Terotrous wrote:
YarpsDat wrote:
Matt Lim wrote:Well after comander there's really not much to look forward to. Except if you count being a captain, but that takes 10k posts, I think. mcDuffies has a looooooooooooooong way to go.
Actually I think it's 20k not 10k.
How does anyone know it exists?
We don't.
I think the admins just told us that for their own sick entertainment.
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Those crazy admins.
Image

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Re: Dear god, I'm almost a commander!

Post by Plothole »

brockway's sig wrote:I am a guy. I just like girls with guns.
Ok, but whats the pistol for?

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

The pistol is so she can shoot the guy that dug her up and used her dead body as a sex toy. She was reanimated by a fairy and now she's out for revenge. She has an eye-patch because she shot herself in the head on accident when trying to get the gun to work. Also, the scarf is to cover the stitches around her neck when her head fell off and the guy sewed it back on.

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

I just realized something... didnt she die by shooting herself in the head by accident, mistaking the gun for a blow drier? So shouldnt she have had two gaping holes in her head?

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

No, that was someone else. I think this one hung herself.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

No, she did shoot herself accidently and died before. Shiunji repaired the hole when he "prepared" her body. The other guy's blow up doll hung itself after being brought back to like by the dutch wife fairy.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Oh. Hmm... ok. At any rate, she's still my favorite character out of the entire comic. But Mike and his Sister are a close second....

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

Damn that dutch wife fairy! Ruining as many lives as Shiunji ruins corpses!

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Post by Plothole »

Umm... right.

That wasn't exactly what I was trying to suggest with my post.

Post Reply