The KeenSpace Players Present . . . KING LEAR

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

The KeenSpace Players Present . . . KING LEAR

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

Anyone else here a fan of Shakespeare? Anyone enjoy a good opera or stage musical? Fancy live performance arts such as plays, stand-up comedy, or street performers?

Well, I personally don
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 17345 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Hmm. intresting. I'm going away on saturday though. If it's still going on by the timeI get back, I may just join in.

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

I like this idea. Are you expecting animation? If you are, Jesus fucking Christ. If not, will that work with actual voice acting? Would it be too static for this play? What about the varying styles?

Again, I like this idea, so I'm not just punching holes. It'd be cool if we did it right.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

Poke away!

I know I haven't explained everything yet. That's mainly because I haven't figured everything out yet. You raise some good questions, Duff.

Originally I had the clause "feel free to use animation, but only for soliloquies and dialogue which is longer than 7 or 8 lines" appended to step 6, but I decided against it. This is suppose to be a comic version of King Lear with an audio compliment, not a cartoon. I may make it an AVI or MPG format, but I'm not yet certain of what my new movie software is capable of. If worse comes to worse, it will be a bunch of JPGs with sound clips for each page.

I'm hoping the artists can give some nice dramatic illustrations with plenty of emotion. Each character would drawn in a different manner, I suppose, and some styles would clash . . . but isn't that par for the course on KeenSpace? I'd request that a select few do the backgrounds and props, but that might not work out.

I'm not sure if anyone has attempted something like this before. If not, we could be setting a historic event in motion. We may give way to a new format of performance. Sort of cartoon, but not.

I just hope for some people to get as enthused as I am. If I can't find the necessary numbers to complete this in KeenSpace, I'm willing to open it to all webcomic artists. Though, I

Luprand
Cartoon Hero

Post by Luprand »

Sounds like a really cool idea, but I have no audio equipment, etc. And no, I don't do set design very well either.

Ah, well.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

Well . . .

For people in your position, I recommend acquiring some sound equipment. A decent mic isn't overly expensive, and there's bound to be free software out there on the 'net that allows you to record more than 60 seconds of audio and save it to WAV or MP3.

Or you could just draw additional characters such as servants and whatnot.

Please, just give it a try.

Seriocity
Regular Poster

Post by Seriocity »

It's a really ambitious project. While I do have the equipment, I doubt I have the skills for drawing though.

Er... why not hire me for lighting and sound?
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

Sound?

YES!

You provide the voice, Luprand provides your character's illustrations! That will work.

Seriocity
Regular Poster

Post by Seriocity »

I meant lighting and sound! I'm a techie, not an actress!

(Eh, besides, I talk like a blank automaton anyways)

TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero

Post by TheGoobla »

So who's directing?

DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Vile is, and apparently he's quite the perfectionist.

I would love to help out with this, if I wasn't already up to my elbows in other stuff this quarter, but I'll keep it in mind because I just love King Lear that much.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.

Now Alive Again

TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero

Post by TheGoobla »

Vile's directing, eh? Has Vile done anything else I may know?

DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Well, just that snuff film in the 80's.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.

Now Alive Again

TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero

Post by TheGoobla »

Ah. And here I thought someone would say "Your mom".

Chrismills
Regular Poster

Post by Chrismills »

I might be interested. I used to act in college, and voiceovers were my thing. I did voiceovers mostly. My old site is a bit out of date, but here you go.

http://www.instantmonsters.com/chris

Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Post by Toxic »

This is weird, I just finished reading King Lear today in literature. I wanna be Edgar! or possibly Albany...

Luckily i'm also a film director/producer and have a full arsenal of audio equipment.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

Well . . .

There's no rush.

Give yourself a little credit Seriocity. There are bound to be several roles you could play perfectly fine. The doctor, an officer, a herald, or a servant, perhaps.
Though if you're really good with audio I may send you the recorded dialogue to spiff it up, add sound effects, and whatnot.

Don't worry DEVO. This isn't going anywhere fast. If you think you can pitch-in at all, go ahead and try.

That's an interesting page Chris, but I was unable to access three of your audio files, seeing as they're RM format. Thanks for your interest.

Thank you, Toxic. I

Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Post by Toxic »

Of course i can play Albany. I practically specialize in playing guys who are all whipped by their wives.

And as for when the Keenspace players do Macbeth, Malcolm is my role! *hissing noise*

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero

Heh heh heh.

Well, Macbeth was whipped by his wife too, until he became king.

If this pans out, feel free to direct yourself in Macbeth.

<small>Though I

Seriocity
Regular Poster

Re: Heh heh heh.

Post by Seriocity »

[quote="ImpousVileTerror"]Well, Macbeth was whipped by his wife too, until he became king.

If this pans out, feel free to direct yourself in Macbeth.

<small>Though I